British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Apr 23rd 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

After four years the Eu and US were no closer to doing a deal than when they first started,

...by which time there was massive opposition both political and public with huge anti Ttip demonstrations such as those in Germany increasing towards the end of that period as the EU public began to realise they were being sold down the river.

There is no evidence that such opposition and opinions have changed since the breakdown.

It is interesting to see Remoaners queuing up to lick the arse of that same guy they've been showering with shit for the past six months.

Trump has already made his opinions clear regarding the Eu and somehow I don't think he'll be handing out any sweeties.

On the contrary, I have little doubt that he's capable of buying Brussels at one end of the street and selling it at the other if he so desires, taking into account the desperate state the Eu is now in.

I await further developments with interest, but I certainly won't be holding my breath.

morpeth Apr 23rd 2017 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12236437)
I was quite serious about the country I know, having listened to the speeches by Ministers on TV etc. read the reports.
Yes they have been there for trade deals but also unofficial talks have been going on regarding a free trade deal. Ministers Jaitley and Sitharaman have specifically said nothing can be signed until Brexit. Whether anything comes of it obviously is not known. The EU delegation is there now as I said second attempt this year to try to restart negotiations.
Why do you not believe this?

You still have not suggested a UK newspaper we can read!:lol:

Am I understanding correctly you are writing India would actually enter into a free trade deal, as opposed to just a trade deal ? Does India have any free trade deals currently ?

Scamp Apr 24th 2017 5:08 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234772)
Who is she talking about?

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234979)
Anyone?

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12235090)
Both you and Ami are like customers who go into a shop and the assistant asks what you are looking for. Two hours later the shop assistant still cannot figure out what you want.

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12235221)
Of course it does, if you say so. I’m sure you understand what you are saying if no one else does. Anyone, the whingers with 60” TVs and the new Range Rovers?

Jesus, you could get angry with a wall in a silent room.
Just calm down and stop being so utterly obtuse. If you weren't so desperate to be awkward, you'd have saved about 3 pages of bollocks.

The type of person she's talking about; my Mum. New Mercedes end of last year, nice detached house in a nice part of the South, has read the Daily Mail all her life (well, at least all of mine), just bought a new, bigger TV, some new sofas and carpets too actually....voted Brexit. Moans about immigrants, among other things. You know the type, the middle class English folk who get things like the bus and the refugee queues rammed down their throats? Get a bit scared, remember when things were 'Great'.

Stop being so backward and think for yourself.

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12236334)
Just for interest which newspaper would you recommend that we read and would be satisfactory for us to quote from?

Any that don't regularly have to apologise for lying?

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12236444)
Assanah, you say there are many countries that want a trade deal with the US. I am not disputing that but I am asking who are they and where is this queue we are in front of or at the back of? Also you say it is a race, but we cannot sign anything before Brexit. How does anyone know we will not have deals in place on Brexit day? (There, I have just made another bank holiday for us all – Brexit Day.) And if we haven’t, will the UK cease trading? Of course we won’t.

What does it matter where we are in the 'queue'?

Trump has the option to negotiate trade deals with an economy the size of Europe or an economy worth less than half of their own?

Now it's not that simple, I think there is great value of having easy trade UK/US but we can't expect to be ahead of the EU maybe? Or can we all get deals sorted side by side? Is it just a metaphor that was used? Is it something for you to just get angry about for no reason? Yep.

No point missing an opportunity to start arguing over something pointless eh.
Soon you'll get to turn one of these conversations towards poverty. :nod:

amideislas Apr 24th 2017 6:29 am

Forbes | Investing | #ForeignAffairs

The U.K.'s General Election Will Make No Difference To The Brutal Reality Of Brexit[

The Eurosceptic wing of the Conservative party is a sizeable thorn in May’s side. A larger number of MPs with moderate views could help her deliver a more sensible outcome than the Brexiteers are demanding.

But the elephant in the room is the EU itself. As I have explained elsewhere, the U.K. does not call the shots. Brexit will be whatever shape the EU wants it to be. And at present, that shape looks ugly.

amideislas Apr 24th 2017 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12236684)
Jesus, you could get angry with a wall in a silent room.
Just calm down and stop being so utterly obtuse. If you weren't so desperate to be awkward, you'd have saved about 3 pages of bollocks.

The type of person she's talking about; my Mum. New Mercedes end of last year, nice detached house in a nice part of the South, has read the Daily Mail all her life (well, at least all of mine), just bought a new, bigger TV, some new sofas and carpets too actually....voted Brexit. Moans about immigrants, among other things. You know the type, the middle class English folk who get things like the bus and the refugee queues rammed down their throats? Get a bit scared, remember when things were 'Great'.

Stop being so backward and think for yourself.

Any that don't regularly have to apologise for lying?

What does it matter where we are in the 'queue'?

Trump has the option to negotiate trade deals with an economy the size of Europe or an economy worth less than half of their own?

Now it's not that simple, I think there is great value of having easy trade UK/US but we can't expect to be ahead of the EU maybe? Or can we all get deals sorted side by side? Is it just a metaphor that was used? Is it something for you to just get angry about for no reason? Yep.

No point missing an opportunity to start arguing over something pointless eh.
Soon you'll get to turn one of these conversations towards poverty. :nod:

In my mother's day, it was the bloody Yanks who were to blame for everything. Did you know the crap weather in England was because of those daft yanks shootin' up those rockets into space?

But that was before the EU. In any case, foreigners are always to blame.

http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/thu..._mail_1938.jpg

Next, I reckon it'll be the Scots. Bloody foreigners!

Bipat Apr 24th 2017 7:10 am

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12236518)
Am I understanding correctly you are writing India would actually enter into a free trade deal, as opposed to just a trade deal ? Does India have any free trade deals currently ?

The answers are of course, 'yes' and 'yes', discussed on the other thread.

EMR Apr 24th 2017 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12236753)
The answers are of course, 'yes' and 'yes', discussed on the other thread.

With respect, I am not sure you understand the difference.
If you believe that the UK will be able to negotiate a " tariff free " agreement on 100% of UK exports and services as we have with the EU then no one would be unhappy with that.

Bipat Apr 24th 2017 7:43 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12236757)
With respect, I am not sure you understand the difference.
If you believe that the UK will be able to negotiate a " tariff free " agreement on 100% of UK exports and services as we have with the EU then no one would be unhappy with that.

I answered the OP's question.

With respect, you do not know/or ignore how fast the economy is changing and progressing in the last three years of the 70! Discussed on the other thread.

Red Eric Apr 24th 2017 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12236494)
After four years the Eu and US were no closer to doing a deal than when they first started,

...by which time there was massive opposition both political and public with huge anti Ttip demonstrations such as those in Germany increasing towards the end of that period as the EU public began to realise they were being sold down the river.

There is no evidence that such opposition and opinions have changed since the breakdown.

It is interesting to see Remoaners queuing up to lick the arse of that same guy they've been showering with shit for the past six months.

Actually, what would be far more interesting to me is to see what sort of both political and public protest and huge demonstrations will take place in the UK when their much-vaunted talks with the US get under way. And if it all goes off without a whimper, how much of what it was that was objected to by EU politicians and citizens has landed up in the deal with the UK unopposed.

Would you not be interested in that, too?

EMR Apr 24th 2017 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12236769)
I answered the OP's question.

With respect, you do not know/or ignore how fast the economy is changing and progressing in the last three years of the 70! Discussed on the other thread.

Your post above has nothing to do with the question asked and clearly you do not know the differece.
The UK will agree a trade deal but it certainly will not be a " free trade " deal .

Bipat Apr 24th 2017 8:16 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12236776)
Your post above has nothing to do with the question asked and clearly you do not know the differece.
The UK will agree a trade deal but it certainly will not be a " free trade " deal .

The OP asked if the country would enter into a free with the UK and did they have free trade deals with other countries.
I answered "yes" to both.
The UK already has many "trade deals"--. As I said read the other thread regarding a post Brexit free trade deal with the UK.

EMR --Federica Mogherini was there last week trying to resurrect talks for the EU (trying to get there first).

iano Apr 24th 2017 8:21 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12236735)

Do our Brexiteers genuinely, and I mean genuinely, consider the following to be in the UK's national interest ? Vino ? Dick ? Manch ? Anyone ?

European leaders are preparing for customs controls to be introduced from Brexit day in March 2019.

Customs controls. Where we previously had free movement of goods and services. Frustrating delays at borders, more red tape for businesses and higher costs for everyone. How anyone can think this is “in the national interest” beggars belief

Red Eric Apr 24th 2017 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12236793)
EMR --Federica Mogherini was there last week trying to resurrect talks for the EU (trying to get there first).

Is there a queue forming?

iano Apr 24th 2017 8:33 am

Social dumping going on ?

Dick Dasterdly Apr 24th 2017 8:37 am

Morning Moaners, I see its Monday Morning Moan time.:(

Time to get it out of your system, I'm sure you'll feel much better for it.

;)