British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12235169)
As they have pretty much worldwide in general, especially in civilised countries.

Rises in the cost of running a business (utilities, pay increases, increases in the cost of materials/consumables, etc) happen everywhere.

Exactly.

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12235095)
I characterise it a bit differently.

You're like the store attendant who can't understand a word anyone says (or conveniently pretends you can't understand them when you don't like what they have to say).

Wasn't there a Monty Python skit about that?

See what I mean? About one-thirty today I asked who these whingers with 60" TVs and Range Rovers are. You still haven’t said.

EMR Apr 21st 2017 9:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12235203)
Exactly.

So , how many gave held a referendum on EU membership seen an immediate fall in their currency with associated increase in imput costs.
Go back through your 30 years and find an example .

amideislas Apr 21st 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12235208)
See what I mean? About one-thirty today I asked who these whingers with 60" TVs and Range Rovers are. You still haven’t said.

I did. You pretended to not understand. It makes YOU look stupid, not me.

Go home, manch.

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12235214)
I did. You pretended to not understand. It makes YOU look stupid, not me.

Go home, manch.

Of course it does, if you say so. I’m sure you understand what you are saying if no one else does. Anyone, the whingers with 60” TVs and the new Range Rovers?

amideislas Apr 21st 2017 10:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12235221)
Of course it does, if you say so. I’m sure you understand what you are saying if no one else does. Anyone, the whingers with 60” TVs and the new Range Rovers?

You're the only one pretending it's written in Greek, manch.

Annetje Apr 22nd 2017 7:45 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
''Special relationship'' sails direction Lalaland ...

Trump bumps Britain down the queue 'after Merkel lobbies for EU trade deal first' | The Independent

Is there any bubble still standing ? :unsure:

GeniB Apr 22nd 2017 8:24 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12235181)
Oops......

Leave.EU under investigation over EU referendum spending





No, Nigel. It's because you broke the rules again.... Have you paid the EU their money back You know, the money the woman who lives with you authorised, that you used for the 2015 GE instead of what it was supposed to be used for?


Are you implying that Farage 'trouserd' EU cash.. again... lol:o

Or perhaps that he was paid by a certain Mr Trump to sabotage the remain campaign with 'last minute' fear mongering about hordes of illegal immigrants swamping the UK... i.e. using the same tactics he accuses in the above

As to him paying the EU back.? Are you mad.. That's his much loathed 'gravy train' the one he says is corrupt to it's core.. The place he lives it seems:o

GeniB Apr 22nd 2017 8:31 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12235390)
''Special relationship'' sails direction Lalaland ...

Trump bumps Britain down the queue 'after Merkel lobbies for EU trade deal first' | The Independent

Is there any bubble still standing ? :unsure:

Ah ha Annetje.. The always totally transparent plan.. to me that is..is revealed.

The non existent 'special relationship' The in fact zero importance of the UK to the USA except as a pawn. The fact that the USA needs the EU to fail..always has , but at the moment it needs Merkel to agree to some deals that gets US firms in to the EU under the wire so to speak. Trump thinks he has weakend the EU enough that he can 'bully boy' Merkel into whatever he wants...Who cares about the bleating UK.:o

p,s Trump already showed his colours when 'bumping' Boris out of the way in talks with Russia. Could he make it any clearer.. The UK is nothing but a large museum to him.. with golf courses

morpeth Apr 22nd 2017 12:37 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12235407)
Ah ha Annetje.. The always totally transparent plan.. to me that is..is revealed.

The non existent 'special relationship' The in fact zero importance of the UK to the USA except as a pawn. The fact that the USA needs the EU to fail..always has , but at the moment it needs Merkel to agree to some deals that gets US firms in to the EU under the wire so to speak. Trump thinks he has weakend the EU enough that he can 'bully boy' Merkel into whatever he wants...Who cares about the bleating UK.:o

p,s Trump already showed his colours when 'bumping' Boris out of the way in talks with Russia. Could he make it any clearer.. The UK is nothing but a large museum to him.. with golf courses

Maybe not for Trump, but the special relationship is still there, it will survive and outlast this administration.

EMR Apr 22nd 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12235536)
Maybe not for Trump, but the special relationship is still there, it will survive and outlast this administration.

I agree the next Democratic President will have more in common with the resurrected New labour government that will win in the UK.

amideislas Apr 22nd 2017 12:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12235536)
Maybe not for Trump, but the special relationship is still there, it will survive and outlast this administration.

That's true. The populist fad is already starting to go out of fashion . Trump can be voted out. Brexit, however...

So, I reckon future administrations will maintain some type of "honourary" relationship after securing deals with those that matter.

EMR Apr 22nd 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12235555)
That's true. The populist fad is already starting to go out of fashion . Trump can be voted out. Brexit, however...

So, I reckon future administrations will maintain some type of "honourary" relationship after securing deals with those that matter.

Massive demonstration in Cologne against racist AFD party.
A party mirroring our Ukip split by internal dissection and rivalries.
As you say so called " popularism " looks to be past it sell by date.
With le Pen also seeing her polls falling could be interesting times ahead.

Lion in Winter Apr 22nd 2017 3:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Someone should tell The Express to move on, even the Scottish version. Not that the referendum was about immigrants or anything...

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/c...67_express.png

morpeth Apr 22nd 2017 6:14 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12235555)
That's true. The populist fad is already starting to go out of fashion . Trump can be voted out. Brexit, however...

So, I reckon future administrations will maintain some type of "honourary" relationship after securing deals with those that matter.

There is a lot to the relationship that goes on regardless of the parties in power such as coordination between the military, intelligence sources, diplomatic cooperation. Trump is just a blip on a long relationship on many levels, and UK certainly with Brexit coming certainly has a lot of incentive to build even closer relationships with the US, Canada and Australia.

Actually I think Trump's poll numbers will be so bad in 4 years ( if he is not impeached) that even he might be too embarrassed to try to run again.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:42 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.