British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Apr 21st 2017 2:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234818)
Still doesn't answer my question.

Are you referring to the brexit voters watching their 60" telly while having tea and reading the Daily Mail article proving how impoverished they are because of the evil EU and their pesky foreigners, before heading off to work in their range rover? That who?

Well, again, it's easy to believe that, until it comes true. Then the focus shifts to the meany politicians. Ms. May understands that quite well, it seems.

EMR Apr 21st 2017 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234825)
UK price rises for the last thirty years, well before Brexit. What was the excuse then?

How prices changed over 30 years - Telegraph

Is that your case, ignore anything that happened before the referendum.
Pretty pathetic.
No referendum vote , no fall in sterling, no rise in import prices or is that too complicated for you to understand.

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12234829)
Is that your case, ignore anything that happened before the referendum.
Pretty pathetic.
No referendum vote , no fall in sterling, no rise in import prices or is that too complicated for you to understand.

I am not ignoring anything that happened before the referendum. I have just pointed out UK price rises over the past thirty years!

A fall in sterling equals an increase in exports and an increase in employment. It works both ways so what is the argument about? Pointless.

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12234827)
Are you referring to the brexit voters watching their 60" telly while having tea and reading the Daily Mail article proving how impoverished they are because of the evil EU and their pesky foreigners, before heading off to work in their range rover? That who?

Well, again, it's easy to believe that, until it comes true. Then the focus shifts to the meany politicians. Ms. May understands that quite well, it seems.

I’m not referring to anyone. I just wanted to know who you are referring to. You still don't make it clear.

amideislas Apr 21st 2017 5:06 pm

How many fingers am I holding up?

http://dreamicus.com/data/finger/finger-02.jpeg

EMR Apr 21st 2017 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234964)
I am not ignoring anything that happened before the referendum. I have just pointed out UK price rises over the past thirty years!

A fall in sterling equals an increase in exports and an increase in employment. It works both ways so what is the argument about? Pointless.

Ignoring facts again, the fall in retail sales is linked to a rise in prices.
Who suffers first from rising prices , those you pretend to speak for.

Rising exports due to improved global economic conditions as confirmed by the IMF and WTO, particularly in the US and EU, Eurozone.

I obviously linked to the referendum result, the other nothing to do with it.

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12234972)
How many fingers am I holding up?

http://dreamicus.com/data/finger/finger-02.jpeg

Anyone?

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12234973)
Ignoring facts again, the fall in retail sales is linked to a rise in prices.
Who suffers first from rising prices , those you pretend to speak for.

Rising exports due to improved global economic conditions as confirmed by the IMF and WTO, particularly in the US and EU, Eurozone.

I obviously linked to the referendum result, the other nothing to do with it.

Exactly, as has been the norm for the past thirty years (and more).

amideislas Apr 21st 2017 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234979)
Anyone?

OK I know your problem now. Specsavers.

EMR Apr 21st 2017 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234982)
Exactly, as has been the norm for the past thirty years (and more).

Do tell how many times did we have a referendum vote responsible for an immediate and significant fall in sterling.,
I hope with your grasp of economics you are not giving financial advice for those who will be the first to suffer from rising prices.

la mancha Apr 21st 2017 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12235002)
Do tell how many times did we have a referendum vote responsible for an immediate and significant fall in sterling.,
I hope with your grasp of economics you are not giving financial advice for those who will be the first to suffer from rising prices.

Both you and Ami are like customers who go into a shop and the assistant asks what you are looking for. Two hours later the shop assistant still cannot figure out what you want.

amideislas Apr 21st 2017 7:22 pm

I characterise it a bit differently.

You're like the store attendant who can't understand a word anyone says (or conveniently pretends you can't understand them when you don't like what they have to say).

Wasn't there a Monty Python skit about that?

EMR Apr 21st 2017 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12235095)
I characterise it a bit differently.

You're like the store attendant who can't understand a word anyone says (or conveniently pretends you can't understand them when you don't like what they have to say).

Wasn't there a Monty Python skit about that?

LaMan either does not understand currency movement charts ( such as in today's telegraph ) and really does not understand the effect of the referendum vote on imput prices or choses to ignore reality, a common fault amongst brexiters.
Or he could be totally self sufficient living on only what grows in his garden and as such has little contact with the real world, there has to be some explanation.

DaveLovesDee Apr 21st 2017 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12234964)
I have just pointed out UK price rises over the past thirty years!

As they have pretty much worldwide in general, especially in civilised countries.

Rises in the cost of running a business (utilities, pay increases, increases in the cost of materials/consumables, etc) happen everywhere.

DaveLovesDee Apr 21st 2017 8:48 pm

Oops......

Leave.EU under investigation over EU referendum spending

The Electoral Commission has launched an investigation into “potential offences” by Leave.EU over its spending during last year’s EU referendum campaign.

The campaign group, which was headed by Nigel Farage and the businessman Arron Banks, is understood to have worked with the data firm Cambridge Analytica, which uses social media to influence voters.

Cambridge Analytica’s involvement was not declared to the election watchdog, which has concluded that Leave.EU has a case to answer. If the commission decides that political spending laws have been breached, it can report the campaign group to the police.

In response to the elections watchdog’s announcement, Farage tweeted:

Farage tweet

Could the timing of this be anything to do with the general election?
No, Nigel. It's because you broke the rules again.... Have you paid the EU their money back You know, the money the woman who lives with you authorised, that you used for the 2015 GE instead of what it was supposed to be used for?