British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Apr 18th 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12231950)
Actually, so would I ...

Remember when stuff like that was satire, and not real life?

Wouldn't it be great if Drop The Dead Donkey was still going though? They be having a field day lately.

Spitting Image needs to come back.... Though Newzoids can be good, and I'm liking Matt Forde.

SultanOfSwing Apr 18th 2017 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12231957)
Spitting Image needs to come back.... Though Newzoids can be good, and I'm liking Matt Forde.

I've been out of the loop too long, I haven't seen either of those.

It just needs to be 1992 again. That'll fix most problems.

DaveLovesDee Apr 18th 2017 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12231959)
I've been out of the loop too long, I haven't seen either of those.

Matt Forde Unspun - YouTube

Newzoids - YouTube

I think many Leavers want to go back to 1972, before we joined the EU.

Lion in Winter Apr 18th 2017 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12231959)

Not the clothes :blink:

Anyway, looks like a shoe-in for May.

I wonder if she will refund the NHS when all the excuses about how the Commons won't work with her are out of the way? You know, that "suggestion"...

LouisB Apr 18th 2017 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12231992)

Newzoids - YouTube

I wish we could send them back, so the rest of us can get on with moving forwards not backwards...🙄

SultanOfSwing Apr 18th 2017 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12231992)

Newzoids - YouTube

More like 1957, before the Treaty of Rome was signed ...

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12231995)

Well, I was 13 then. Clothes aren't exactly something I give a shit about now let alone then :D

I wonder if she will refund the NHS when all the excuses about how the Commons won't work with her are out of the way? You know, that "suggestion"...

The whole thing just gets a big old 'meh' from me. Meh.

DaveLovesDee Apr 18th 2017 8:19 pm

Tory MPs face being prosecuted for electoral fraud while they are fighting the upcoming general election campaign

The CPS confirmed it must announce whether it will prosecute before 8 June

A spokesperson for the CPS confirmed to The Independent on Tuesday evening that any charges would have to be made before the date of the general election, which Theresa May wants to hold on 8 June subject to a vote in Parliament tomorrow.

This means the CPS's announcement must by law fall while the MPs are campaigning for re-election, before 8 June.

No charges have yet been made against any MP. All 14 police forces who sent files to the CPS last year applied for a 12 month extension to the prosecution deadline, which would have otherwise elapsed last summer.

Channel 4 News reported on Tuesday evening that the CPS is considering prosecution against over 30 individuals with regards to 2015 election expenses.
Drain the swamp! :p

And has Farage paid back the EU money he illegally used to fund UKIP's campaign in the same election, which was authorised by the woman he's now living with.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 18th 2017 11:46 pm

Exactly, a mere Suggestion.

It's only taken you nine months to comprehend a simple straight forward remark.

Well done you.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Apr 18th 2017 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12231848)
The British economy has done extremely well in the EU (OK, not quite as well as Germany, but quite good).

Outside, by all credible accounts, maintaining the "punch above its weight" status that it's enjoyed as a key member of the world's largest trading bloc will require several miracles. I wonder if the Pope will be involved?

The big question being of course, why haven't the other 26 member nations done so well ?

Or why after most countries Worldwide had pulled out of recession did the Eu members still have the slowest growth rate outside of Antarctica ?

I think we all know who is most in need of divine intervention now.:nod:

Existential crisis comes to mind and just to top it off, loss of one of their main contributors.:thumbdown:

In your position Ami, I expect you will be among the first to whip the hat round.

:rofl:

Scamp Apr 19th 2017 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12232193)

Well done you.

Jesus you're thick.

amideislas Apr 19th 2017 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12232200)
The big question being of course, why haven't the other 26 member nations done so well ?

Or why after most countries Worldwide had pulled out of recession did the Eu members still have the slowest growth rate outside of Antarctica ?

Existential crisis comes to mind and just to top it off, loss of one of their main contributors.:thumbdown:

In your position Ami, I expect you will be among the first to whip the hat round.

Dick, how is it that everything you know "for sure" are falsehoods? Do your daily fabricated contributions come direct from the Daily Express, or are they your own original falsehoods?

Assanah Apr 19th 2017 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12232200)

The big question is why you do not know the growth rates of the EU countries? If you would you'd knew that Germany's growth rate is only mediocre at best. A lot of Eastern und Southern EU member states have a better growth rate than Germany and the UK.

Annetje Apr 19th 2017 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12232461)
The big question is why you do not know the growth rates of the EU countries? If you would you'd knew that Germany's growth rate is only mediocre at best. A lot of Eastern und Southern EU member states have a better growth rate than Germany and the UK.

Dicky doesn't do facts :thumbdown:

Lion in Winter Apr 19th 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12232193)

Well done you.

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12232314)
Jesus you're thick.

The expression "whoosh" comes to mind...

Anyway, where is Dick? I'm missing my morning dose of Express, Westmonster and Infowars links, what with Nutek being on holiday and not maintaining the funny pictures thread.

jimenato Apr 19th 2017 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12232629)
The expression "whoosh" comes to mind...

Anyway, where is Dick? I'm missing my morning dose of Express, Westmonster and Infowars links, what with Nutek being on holiday and not maintaining the funny pictures thread.

He was up particularly late last night - you know how it is...:(