British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Apr 18th 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12231505)
Guden Morgen Ami.

After all this time I am still waiting for one of you moaners to give me a single credible reason for remaining in the Eu.

Other than perhaps to boost the German economy of course,
which is obviously your one and only concern,
if you ever decided to be honest about your motives, just for once.

:cool:

Because it the best thing for the prosperity of the UK and is people.
Where have you been for the last few years.
Where is Nige ?

Scamp Apr 18th 2017 12:36 pm

Guden Morgen Ami.

After all this time I am still waiting for one of you moaners to give me a single credible reason for remaining in the Eu.

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

I've got one!

Workplace fatalities in the UK have reduced by half since European safety directives were introduced in 1996.

Yeah, surprised me too. The EU has made us safer....yep, that's the warm fuzzy feeling inside alright.

DaveLovesDee Apr 18th 2017 12:46 pm

Tariff-free trade with 440 million residents of non-UK EU member states.
Customs-free trade with another 100+ million residents of countries the EU also has a customs union with.
Free trade or preferential trade agreements with 50+ countries.

EMR Apr 18th 2017 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12231518)
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

I've got one!

Workplace fatalities in the UK have reduced by half since European safety directives were introduced in 1996.

Yeah, surprised me too. The EU has made us safer....yep, that's the warm fuzzy feeling inside alright.

What about equality legislations or even the fact that Dick can keep his wfa subsidised by the UK taxpayer.

Will Fred appear demanding a vote for Gibraltarians.

Even the Ukip spokesman is calling her opportunist, but then he also raving on about immigration, multi culturalism, Islam etc etc.

Lion in Winter Apr 18th 2017 12:49 pm

Guden Morgen Ami.

The Germans are at it again, eh? It's pretty sneaky of them to hire BE posters to boost the German economy. Typical of The Hun though.

jetsam1 Apr 18th 2017 12:53 pm

Guden Morgen Ami.

Think you just been pwned.

I am not quite sure that you are not a character?

Lion in Winter Apr 18th 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12231531)
What about equality legislations or even the fact that Dick can keep his wfa subsidised by the UK taxpayer.

Will Fred appear demanding a vote for Gibraltarians.

Even the Ukip spokesman is calling her opportunist, but then he also raving on about immigration, multi culturalism, Islam etc etc.

I don't know of a politician that isn't an opportunist. I'm afraid La Mancha's "ordinary people" are SOL though.

amideislas Apr 18th 2017 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12231533)
The Germans are at it again, eh? It's pretty sneaky of them to hire BE posters to boost the German economy. Typical of The Hun though.

Dick is just grasping at straws again.

Besides, I don't think Germany needs my help or anyone else's.

Workers Made Germany Into the World's Best Economy

When things aren’t working, one good idea is to look around and see which countries are doing better. Right now, Japan is one such country. But in many ways, Germany looks like the most successful economy in the developed world.

Read More

And poor impoverished Spain is hurting almost as bad as Germany:

Spanish economy continues rapid growth, unemployment tumbles

The Spanish economy expanded at 0.7 percent in both the third and fourth quarters of 2016. Spain maintained an economic growth of 3.2 percent in 2016, unchanged from the previous year. The economy expanded for the third straight year.
Spain's economy Minister Luis de Guindos said Tuesday that the country's economic growth could exceed 2.5 percent for the next two to four years amid faster job creation. He said that the country's unemployment rate would be below 17 percent this year versus 17.6 percent forecast earlier, as more than 500,000 jobs would be created.

Bipat Apr 18th 2017 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12231485)
Let's see if Bipat etc still believes that May is putting Britain First.
Her Ministers have all returned from their overseas trips with the news No new trade deals before the next election, so go now before we have to admit failure.
No changes to immigration rules etc etc.

What else is she doing? Did you expect her to say she would ignore the referendum result.
A General election--- all can vote for other parties/not vote--what is the problem?

(Are you still unable to understand that new free trade deals cannot be official or signed until Brexit actually happens.
The Ministers are not those on 'the ground' involved in unofficial talks are they! Immigration visas will be discussed also, just as they already have been!
What is it that you are afraid of obviously not failure --you are hoping for that!)

la mancha Apr 18th 2017 1:46 pm

Guden Morgen Ami.

Blimey, they really have gone into overdrive today, haven’t they, Dick? I remember these posters saying May doesn’t have a mandate because she wasn’t voted in by the people. Now she has called an election she is an opportunist or whatever. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, according to this lot of moaners. Just listen to all the wailing!!! One after the other!!! The hysteria is reaching fever pitch!!! Brings a smile to my face. They need to calm down.

EMR Apr 18th 2017 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12231568)
What else is she doing? Did you expect her to say she would ignore the referendum result.
A General election--- all can vote for other parties/not vote--what is the problem?

(Are you still unable to understand that new free trade deals cannot be official or signed until Brexit actually happens.
The Ministers are not those on 'the ground' involved in unofficial talks are they! Immigration visas will be discussed also, just as they already have been!
What is it that you are afraid of obviously not failure --you are hoping for that!)

This has nothing to do with the Referendum result.
It's all about the Tories wanting to get another term before the reality of Brexit reveals itself to the electorate.
A large Tory majority will also allow them to bring even tighter immigration rules for all.
It's what you voted for.

EMR Apr 18th 2017 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12231586)
Blimey, they really have gone into overdrive today, haven’t they, Dick? I remember these posters saying May doesn’t have a mandate because she wasn’t voted in by the people. Now she has called an election she is an opportunist or whatever. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, according to this lot of moaners. Just listen to all the wailing!!! One after the other!!! The hysteria is reaching fever pitch!!! Brings a smile to my face. They need to calm down.

The good news is that your Ukip will be destined to obscurity and failure.
So something good will come out of the election.
Will you and your Ukip friends be voting Tory.

Lion in Winter Apr 18th 2017 1:56 pm

Who are "they" La Mancha? We are just ordinary people here - surely you aren't deciding for us are you? Maybe you're an "expert" since you seem to know everything? I thought we threw you lot out in June...

amideislas Apr 18th 2017 1:56 pm

Well, that's two posters expressing "hysteria" today (with the predictable dash of false premises). Followed by hypocrisy. The usual fare.

Not that it matters (shoulder shrug);

EU's Brexit plans 'unchanged' by snap election announcement

No need to be hysterical. Reality has a funny way of sorting things out.

Scamp Apr 18th 2017 2:18 pm

I'm so glad you're finally happy. It's really lovely to hear.

I'm quite excited at the prospect of TM being PM. I think the motive released is fair and reasonable, I think continuity is sensible, I also think it's very obviously smart because Labour are a joke, the Lib Dems are run by...I don't know who...and UKIP. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahaahh aahahahahahahahahhaahahahahhahaahahhaahaahhaaahhah haaaaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Will TM get your support or does she hate peasants?