Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Apr 15th 2017, 10:38 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Your Brexit is a propaganda site with no trace of who's behind it, but I'll answer it anyway.

Much of the UK fishing quotas have been sold to foreign-flagged vessels. But don't worry, Farage rarely bothered to attend the Fisheries meetings in the EU
Partliament committee he was a member of, so no wonder the UK fishing industry has felt marginalised.

Post-Brexit, we can rebuild our fishing fleet and catch as many fish as we want to. Of course, the number of fish around UK waters will deplete more rapidly because the higher numbers of fish caught will be unsustainable. Of course, more fish in the short term = lower prices, but then eventually we'll return to the 'cod wars' of old and there'll be higher prices when fish become scarce (unless our fishing fleets encroach on EU fishing territory).
Old Apr 15th 2017, 11:07 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Your Brexit is a propaganda site with no trace of who's behind it...
Is it Vladimir Putin? No, wait - Arron Banks? Hang on, hang on - I've got it now - it's Richard Desmond, isn't it?
Old Apr 15th 2017, 11:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Is it Vladimir Putin? No, wait - Arron Banks? Hang on, hang on - I've got it now - it's Richard Desmond, isn't it?
Fish-eating foreign football players.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 12:23 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Fish-eating foreign football players.
If we'd been in North America, we could have have had some relevant mnemonics.....

Fish-eating foreign soccer people
Or FFS people!.....

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Apr 16th 2017 at 12:25 am.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 12:36 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Your Brexit is a propaganda site with no trace of who's behind it, but I'll answer it anyway.

Much of the UK fishing quotas have been sold to foreign-flagged vessels. But don't worry, Farage rarely bothered to attend the Fisheries meetings in the EU
Partliament committee he was a member of, so no wonder the UK fishing industry has felt marginalised.

Post-Brexit, we can rebuild our fishing fleet and catch as many fish as we want to. Of course, the number of fish around UK waters will deplete more rapidly because the higher numbers of fish caught will be unsustainable. Of course, more fish in the short term = lower prices, but then eventually we'll return to the 'cod wars' of old and there'll be higher prices when fish become scarce (unless our fishing fleets encroach on EU fishing territory).
Don't, be so negative, we Brits don't really like fish so the Foreign owned boats registered in the UK will catch even more of fish in British waters and export it to Spain, France etc.
We will export even more to our European cousins.
More profits for all .
Dick and his fellow thinkers should go to Brixham, Newlyn , the Scottish ports and look at the trucks queuing up to take the catch across the channel.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 5:44 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
My posts said nothing about the EU or Brexit or lies or anything else to do with what other newspapers are dedicated to, so your answers are hollow. I am referring to campaigns and the prejudiced comments against the Mail. You have all jumped to the wrong conclusion again. My posts reflect your constant prejudiced views against a newspaper.

A xenophobic hate rag? Do you (LouisB) mean the newspaper that has campaigned for justice for Stephen Lawrence?

Name one other newspaper that campaigned so vigorously for Stephen Lawrence? Just one.

Eric, I am not talking about who exposed what or which newspaper has dedicated sections in their newspapers: I am talking about campaigns, for example the Daily Mail 'Bring them to Justice Campaign' aimed at bringing private prosecutions against corrupt politicians in the MPs' expenses scandal.
Starts a pointless argument and cries foul.
You called people out for moaning about the Mail et al, don't be such a baby when people respond.

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
Oh, no? Is that why LouisB says the Mail is a xenophobic race hate rag when it has campaigned for twenty years on the Lawrence case? Or others’ constant sneering remarks about newspapers they don’t read?

SoS, I make fun of the Guardian and Independent only out of retaliation. I do not care much for any newspaper. I don’t believe much of anything they say. I agree they are only bloody papers.
Lots of things / organisations / people have done lots of good things. Those very same have also done things that aren't very pleasant.

On that note, you do know the Daily Mail was a famous supporter of British and European fascism don't you? In the 20's and 30's....editorials supporting Mussolini and Hitler....the owner of the paper going to Germany to meet Hitler?

But it's OK. They chased justice once.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Another for today:

‪https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/15/britain-set-to-lose-eu-crown-jewels‬

Now I hate to have to point out that geographically remaining in Europe (bleedin' obviously) is NOT a compelling argument for why various aspect of UK services, relationships, trade etc may be adversely affected by leaving the EU which mostly all significant countries of Europe are in, including the ones doing the best.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Sad but true...

‪https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/the-mail-and-the-express-guilty-of-twisting-migration-data-yet-again/?utm_content=bufferba5ff&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer‬
Old Apr 16th 2017, 8:25 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very long-running campaign.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 9:26 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
It's a very long-running campaign.
How do they get away with it ? I mean, freedom of the press ... OK ... but consistent lying and bending the truth in a spectacular way, is that legal ? Should they be taken to court over this ?
Old Apr 16th 2017, 10:28 am
Who - me?

I guess that as it's campaigning, it can't be classed as lying?
Old Apr 16th 2017, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouisB View Post
‪‬
‪http://theconversation.com/eu-agencies-a-brexit-loss-nobodys-talking-about-76222‬

(Not from express or mail, was running low on toilet paper)
Link does not work

Originally Posted by LouisB View Post
Another for today:

‪https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/15/britain-set-to-lose-eu-crown-jewels‬

Now I hate to have to point out that geographically remaining in Europe (bleedin' obviously) is NOT a compelling argument for why various aspect of UK services, relationships, trade etc may be adversely affected by leaving the EU which mostly all significant countries of Europe are in, including the ones doing the best.
Link does not work

Link does not work
Old Apr 16th 2017, 11:31 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
Link does not work

Link does not work

Link does not work
I had the same problem yesterday.
Easy to find though by googling,took just a few seconds.

Last edited by EMR; Apr 16th 2017 at 11:38 am.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 11:42 am
Who - me?

Prefers to be spoon-fed
Old Apr 16th 2017, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
Link does not work

Link does not work

Link does not work
same here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.