British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Apr 15th 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

UK Government SLAPS DOWN German demand for SECOND REFERENDUM - Your Brexit

They're getting desperate already and we haven't even left yet.

:cool:

EMR Apr 15th 2017 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229702)
We were talking about information shared and exchanged by the UK and EU agencies in the future. not just defence did you read the link finally?

Where has Michael Fallon been in the last few days!!! Post 167 on the 'other' thread--you answered it!! Tightening links.

Prevention of terrorism--UK and non-EU countries have continual sharing of information regarding Afghanistan and Pakistan, also important to EU countries --do you really think exchange of information to and from the agencies will stop Post Brexit?

Of course I read the article but you obviously did not understand it.
You should Google the numerous articles expressing similar concerns.
The security threat is now internal not from Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Where has Micheal Fallon been? not made much impact in the UK so it cannot be that important.
I assume you are referring to the meetings in India following a pre brexit agreement from 2015.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 15th 2017 2:37 pm

Brexit means we can bring through local youngsters, insists Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish

:thumbup:

EMR Apr 15th 2017 2:47 pm

When did Crystal Palace last achieve anything in football.
How many tens millions has Crystal Palace bought back to the UK compared with the performance of top clubs.
Nice try though Dick.

Bipat Apr 15th 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229709)
Of course I read the article but you obviously did not understand it.
You should Google the numerous articles expressing similar concerns.
The security threat is now internal not from Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Where has Micheal Fallon been? not made much impact in the UK so it cannot be that important.

EMR of course I understood the article --propaganda.
We are now talking of terrorism prevention--of course information will be shared between the UK and the EU or it certainly should be.

(I would not insult you by saying that you do not understand--that you merely are 'an innocent'.
"Internal threat" -- and where is their allegiance and training from?

Where has Michael Fallon been!! --you answered the post!! Post 167 on the other post referendum thread. )

EMR Apr 15th 2017 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229718)
EMR of course I understood the article --propaganda.
We are now talking of terrorism prevention--of course information will be shared between the UK and the EU or it certainly should be.

(I would not insult you by saying that you do not understand--that you merely are 'an innocent'.
"Internal threat" -- and where is their allegiance and training from?

Where has Michael Fallon been!! --you answered the post!! Post 167 on the other post referendum thread. )

So anything that you do not agree with is propaganda.
You really are a confirmed Brexiter.
One who does not understand that if you leave a club you lose access to its privileges and activities.
That EU organisations are for members, not those who leave.
I have two close friends who are senior officers in the UK intelligence community.
I prefer their analysis of where the threats come from to yours.

Bipat Apr 15th 2017 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229730)
So anything that you do not agree with is propaganda.
You really are a confirmed Brexiter.
One who does not understand that if you leave a club you lose access to its privileges and activities.
That EU organisations are for members, not those who leave.
I have two close friends who are senior officers in the UK intelligence community.
I prefer their analysis of where the threats come from to yours.

What else is it but propaganda?
Do you really belive there will be no exchange of important information? It is not "privileges and activities"!!

You suggested that 'no non-EU country has any global significance when it comes to security'.
I think your friends might laugh at that, don't you? That home grown terrorists have no links to extremists outside the UK?

Was Michael Fallon wasting his time then making joint future increased co-operation about terrorism etc.

EMR Apr 15th 2017 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229734)
What else is it but propaganda?
Do you really belive there will be no exchange of important information? It is not "privileges and activities"!!

You suggested that 'no non-EU country has any global significance when it comes to security'.
I think your friends might laugh at that, don't you? That home grown terrorists have no links to extremists outside the UK?

Was Michael Fallon wasting his time then making joint future increased co-operation about terrorism etc.

Which non EU European country apart from Turkey is significant when it comes to global terrorism?
I did not say Fallon is wasting his time but to be crude it has sfa to do with Brexit as do 90% of your references to India.

Stick to the link you make so much of.
If we are out of the EU we are out of all those various EU organisations mentioned which affect and will continue to affect the UK.
It's what you voted for.

Bipat Apr 15th 2017 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229741)
Which non EU European country apart from Turkey is significant when it comes to global terrorism?
I did not say Fallon is wasting his time but to be crude it has sfa to do with Brexit as do 90% of your references to India.

Stick to the link you make so much of.
If we are out of the EU we are out of all those various EU organisations mentioned which affect and will continue to affect the UK.
It's what you voted for.

EMR your previous post said "Which non-EU country", not " Which non-EU European country"---! The reference to Michael Fallon concerned that point of YOURS.
You are correct that his meetings had nothing to do with Brexit. My point is that the exchange of information to agencies of the EU is important to BOTH sides and the UK has closer connections to some non-EU countries than many EU countries (outside of trade) so is useful to the EU.

(The references you disparage have 100% to do with Post Brexit potential free trade deals. Whether they will be successful or not we will have to wait and see. (One of us will obviously be disappointed.:lol:)

EMR Apr 15th 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229752)
EMR your previous post said "Which non-EU country", not " Which non-EU European country"---! The reference to Michael Fallon concerned that point of YOURS.
You are correct that his meetings had nothing to do with Brexit. My point is that the exchange of information to agencies of the EU is important to BOTH sides and the UK has closer connections to some non-EU countries than many EU countries (outside of trade) so is useful to the EU.

(The references you disparage have 100% to do with Post Brexit potential free trade deals. Whether they will be successful or not we will have to wait and see. (One of us will obviously be disappointed.:lol:)

You obviously do not read your own posts which referred to the 23 non EU european nations.
Go back and try again.
You seem to think that that trade discussion with India only started because of brexit.
Go back to 2013, biggest ever trade mission ,etc etc.
"Why says D Mail , we no longer manufacture anything India would want."

Go back to Thatchers time.

Nothing that is happening now has not happened many times before and as I said has SFA to do with brexit.

Annetje Apr 15th 2017 4:37 pm

You 2 should really get a room and sort your differences out in private !!!!!

Bipat Apr 15th 2017 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229757)
You obviously do not read your own posts which referred to the 23 non EU european nations.
Go back and try again.
You seem to think that that trade discussion with India only started because of brexit.
Go back to 2013, biggest ever trade mission ,etc etc.
"Why says D Mail , we no longer manufacture anything India would want."

Go back to Thatchers time.

Nothing that is happening now has not happened many times before and as I said has SFA to do with brexit.

Yes I stated we are not leaving Europe and mentioned the other 23 countries etc. and went on to state UK had 'useful connections to non-EU countries see the OTHER thread'.

How many times????---we are not discussing trade per se we are discussing FREE trade deal, and increased trade because of Brexit and the major changes in the Indian economy. In Thatcher's time and even 2013 the situation was totally different.

D Mail?????

EMR Apr 15th 2017 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229771)
Yes I stated we are not leaving Europe and mentioned the other 23 countries etc. and went on to state UK had 'useful connections to non-EU countries see the OTHER thread'.

How many times????---we are not discussing trade per se we are discussing FREE trade deal, and increased trade because of Brexit and the major changes in the Indian economy. In Thatcher's time and even 2013 the situation was totally different.

D Mail?????

What has changed.
Little to the advantage of the UK, or does that not matter to you.
Trade or Free trade, not sure you know the difference.
We trade with India have Free trade with the EU.
Come back when India agrees to free trade, we will be waiting a very long time.

Bipat Apr 15th 2017 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12229762)
You 2 should really get a room and sort your differences out in private !!!!!

Well perhaps you could help! Explain to EMR that there is a difference between trade deals and a bilateral free trade deal. I give up.:lol:

EMR Apr 15th 2017 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229777)
Well perhaps you could help! Explain to EMR that there is a difference between trade deals and a bilateral free trade deal. I give up.:lol:

I have just explained the difference to you for the umpteenth time.
Do you understand now, finally.