British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 12:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229048)
Did David Cameron or the Indian government use brexit in 2013.
Then Cameron stated that even Belgium ( EU ) member sold more to India than we did.
No EU restrictions on trade existed.
The only relevance brexit has to these discussions is because our government needs to find deals which are not additional to UK trade but to replace that we may lose with the EU our biggest market.
I will repeat yet again because you do not seem to understand, maybe because you are biased against UK manufacturers having tariff free access to India equal to that we have with the EU.
I am pro any new deal which will create manufacturing jobs in the UK.
I disparage any deal that does not but only results in higher imports.

The last preBrexit major deal was November 2015,
£9 billion. There have been smaller deals since!

Explain why Minister Jaitley and the British Ministers keep mentioning Brexit in their speeches! Have you actually read any of the speeches???? Free trade deals will then be possible---not possible under EU rules.

Obviously more trade is needed to replace any lost with EU countries, Free trade deals are possible Post Brexit--but cannot be officially discussed or signed until then and you know this.

Why do you think I am biased against tariff free access? This will be discussed, they are not going to give you or me day by day reports!

All deals are two way EMR, the UK is not going to be given charity either by the EU or other major economies.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...le18001714.ece

Assanah Apr 14th 2017 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229063)

Explain why Minister Jaitley and the British Ministers keep mentioning Brexit in their speeches! Have you actually read any of the speeches???? Free trade deals will then be possible---not possible under EU rules.

Obviously more trade is needed to replace any lost with EU countries, Free trade deals are possible Post Brexit--but cannot be officially discussed or signed until then and you know this.

Why do you think I am biased against tariff free access? This will be discussed, they are not going to give you or me day by day reports!

All deals are two way EMR, the UK is not going to be given charity either by the EU or other major economies.

There are FTAs with the EU too! Why do you always have to be sooooooo negative about the EU? Maybe the EU takes longer to negotiate a DATA but maybe it is more comprehensive and therefore better than a bilateral FTA?

EMR Apr 14th 2017 12:07 pm

Brexit negotiations should about increasing UK trade ! EXPORTS.
IF they do not result in this, then they are a waste of time.
You keep stating that we are unable to deal deals because we are in the EU.
Explain then why other EU Members sell more to India and why after Brexit we will suddenly be able to sell more.
India is just one example where this happens.
That is the real world.

LouisB Apr 14th 2017 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12229066)
There are FTAs with the EU too! Why do you always have to be sooooooo negative about the EU? Maybe the EU takes longer to negotiate a DATA but maybe it is more comprehensive and therefore better than a bilateral FTA?

It's better because it's a larger standardised bloc.

The really daft thing about brexit is given the SM is our largest market by far, we'll still have to comply with rules and regs anyway. Now with added bonus of no say in them 🤦‍♂️ And try as we might to replace it, given SM is equal to 150 out of 160 countries ordered by GDP, that's a LOT of deals. The geography matters too. We're not picking up the UK and physically moving it.

As for FTA, most countries will generally have priority to a good deal with the EU before UK, for a bunch of reasons.

And in any case with those deals come with their own unique compromises. New ones, like new visas and stuff, or deregulation that may be harmful to general public for the needs and demands to make the economics work.

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12229066)

Brexit will happen, the UK is leaving membership of the EU (no point again putting my reasons for my vote),--the UK needs to make further trade agreements with other major economies, and now they can be free trade deals.
Why is this being negative?
Do you want the UK to fail in these negotiations? (I presume yes!:lol:)

LouisB Apr 14th 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229071)
Brexit will happen, the UK is leaving membership of the EU (no point again putting my reasons for my vote),--the UK needs to make further trade agreements with other major economies, and now they can be free trade deals.
Why is this being negative?
Do you want the UK to fail in these negotiations? (I presume yes!:lol:)

It may well not, actually.

DaveLovesDee Apr 14th 2017 12:20 pm

With Brexit, U.K.-India pact could boost trade - BUSINESS - The Hindu

Fallon (from one of your previous links) was there to encourage the Indian government to buy more military equipment and weapons from UK-owned manufacturers.

And to see if Indian and UK arms companies could work together on the next generation of weapons and equipment. The Uk to provide advanced technology and India having cheaper costs of labour and overheads.

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229067)
Brexit negotiations should about increasing UK trade ! EXPORTS.
IF they do not result in this, then they are a waste of time.
You keep stating that we are unable to deal deals because we are in the EU.
Explain then why other EU Members sell more to India and why after Brexit we will suddenly be able to sell more.
India is just one example where this happens.
That is the real world.

How many times to get you to read the words? Free trade deals will be possible Post Brexit.
The Indian economy is changing rapidly, and UK traders are becoming more involved in exports (and also other countries increasing exports, only a few minutes ago I read about H&M and Zara about to open so many shops.)

I again ask did you read the speeches of this week and last week?

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12229074)
Fallon (from one of your previous links) was there to encourage the Indian government to buy more military equipment and weapons from UK-owned manufacturers.

And to see if Indian and UK arms companies could work together on the next generation of weapons and equipment. The Uk to provide advanced technology and India having cheaper costs of labour and overheads.

Yes advantages to both countries. There was a lot more in the link of importance!!

LouisB Apr 14th 2017 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229075)
How many times to get you to read the words? Free trade deals will be possible Post Brexit.
The Indian economy is changing rapidly, and UK traders are becoming more involved in exports (and also other countries increasing exports, only a few minutes ago I read about H&M and Zara about to open so many shops.)

Back in reality have you checked the extent of true FTA on planet Earth.

You may have trouble finding it, it's pretty small.

EMR Apr 14th 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229075)

Of course I read your links.
But unlike you I am not as naïve as to believe politicians political rhetoric and public relations.
Zara and H&M are not British but good news for the factories in India where they have some of their products manufactured.
Good news for Indian arms manufacturers in the future undercutting those in the UK.
" Made in England " could soon become a collectors item ?

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229083)
Of course I read your links.
But unlike you I am not as naïve as to believe politicians political rhetoric and public relations.
Zara and H&M are not British but good news for the factories in India where they have some of their products manufactured.
Good news for Indian arms manufacturers in the future undercutting those in the UK.
" Made in England " could soon become a collectors item ?

Who do you believe then? The EU politicians?

Read the link did you? Then you will have seen the words--
"Co-operation to fight terrorism"---"Co-production of weapons systems"---"Joint world beaters in arms exports".

(I know H&M, Zara are not British--iI said "other countries".

EMR Apr 14th 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229088)
Who do you believe then? The EU politicians?

Read the link did you? Then you will have seen the words--
"Co-operation to fight terrorism"---"Co-production of weapons systems"---"Joint world beaters in arms exports".

(I know H&M, Zara are not British--iI said "other countries".

No I do not unconditionally believe any politician.

Are we not already co operating in the fight against terror etc.
It's all just political hogwash aimed at convincing brexit voters like you.
Those who lose their jobs when instead of being manufactured in the UK cheaper Indian factories are used may think differently.
Of course the UK government PR machine will say that the UK arms industry is thriving except it may not be Made in England .

la mancha Apr 14th 2017 1:20 pm

DLD. I did not say the Mail won anything. I said it ran a campaign and which other newspaper did? As for your jibe about the Welsh assembly, once again you miss the point, as most of you do, that it is the campaigns I am referring to. Because the Welsh brought in the ban before the UK is no fault of the Mail. They do not run the government.

Eric, I have no problem with this. I posted a comment and the usual mob of prejudiced sadoes jumped on me. I did not say the fantastic Mail campaigns, which, as far as I know, no other newspaper has initiated, was its main selling point. For the last time, and calm down and read what I am writing so it goes in, my only point is the Mail has undertaken some wonderful campaigns on issues that really matter, something that no other newspaper has done.

You, Eric, go on and ask if the campaigns have been successful or can the outcome be attributed to the Mail? Your petty reasoning is pathetic. The Mail runs campaigns, something no other newspaper will do. That is all.

As far as I am concerned my point has been made and I will leave it there.

la mancha Apr 14th 2017 1:22 pm

What a lot of whining, moaning, gloomy depressives on here today! Why don’t you get out into the sun and soak up a few rays? It will do you good to get some of the anger out of your systems.