British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Apr 14th 2017 7:32 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228248)
Either brexit won't happen or nothing good will come of this.

Nearly a year on and it is going from bad to worse. It'll be the average person and in particular the poorest who'll feel it the most. Sad.

Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job.

The EU isn't the cause of UK issues, therefore leaving it fixes nothing.

However it will cause a massive set of new issues, for all sorts of things we happily took for granted until now.

Fun times ahead. Who likes an easy path anyway, it's fun to make life harder? 🤔

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228754)
Ahah thanks for posting this.

I was tempted but figured probably wasting my time.

Thing with brexit is it teases out people who make up stuff, don't follow facts or reason, are emotional and ask for proof to factual answers only to dispute them when given anyway.

But in this case, the evidence the themMail (and Express) are hate filled trash is overwhelming.

No idea why people read this drivel.

If you read it and don't see an issue, you're too far in to see it.

Looks like you have been reading your own posts :rofl:

LouisB Apr 14th 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12228975)

and so have you 🙄

jimenato Apr 14th 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228794)
Feb. 2008

Banish The Bags: The Mail launches a campaign to clean up the country ... and the planet | Daily Mail Online

June 2014

At last! Plastic bags are banished: Victory for Mail's six-year campaign as Ministers force reluctant supermarkets to impose 5p charge

Plastic bags are banished as ministers force supermarkets to impose 5p charge | Daily Mail Online

God, you are petty. I am saying the Daily Mail has run some very important campaigns. I asked which other newspapers have run similar campaigns. Not one of you on here has come back with a name. All I can see are more and more pessimistic posts. Moan, moan and bloody moan! What a bunch of depressing individuals you are! Not one of you can come back with a positive comment on those campaigns. Eric, I posted the Lawrence case, Sergeant Blackman, plastic bags, the MPs’ expenses scandal and toxic microbeads. Each one of those campaigns matter. Not one of you sad people on here can say something positive! What a lot of depressives! How do you get on?

I expect Jack the Ripper and Vlad the Impaler would try to claim credit for the odd good deed.

EMR Apr 14th 2017 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228816)

Time after time our leave voters get upset when they are accused if living get in the past and time after time their posts confirm it.
Did you check the date on your link and are you aware that the WTO this week increased its forecasts for global growth for 2017.
The threat to the UK is no longer external events but simply what our government does or does not do to ensure tariff free access to the single market.

LouisB Apr 14th 2017 8:12 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12228984)
Time after time our leave voters get upset when they are accused if living get in the past and time after time their posts confirm it.
Did you check the date on your link and are you aware that the WTO this week increased its forecasts for global growth for 2017.
The threat to the UK is no longer external events but simply what our government does or does not do to ensure tariff free access to the single market.

The denial levels are strong in the leave bubble.

However it will burst.

The cracks are already opening up.

For today, the first item in the endless growing river of reality, which will rain down on this charade like a ton of heavy bricks...

British government realises Brexit is a mistake, official says

EMR Apr 14th 2017 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12228975)

I doubt you have read a British newspaper since the Daily Herald closed or was it the Sketch.?

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 8:38 am

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228986)
The denial levels are strong in the leave bubble.

However it will burst.

The cracks are already opening up.

For today, the first item in the endless growing river of reality, which will rain down on this charade like a ton of heavy bricks...

British government realises Brexit is a mistake, official says

Your link gives a quote by John Callinan, it is just his opinion, he is not a spokesperson regarding the British Government.

Enda Kenny is more positive.

Enda Kenny welcomes UK commitment to ‘constructive’ Brexit

Assanah Apr 14th 2017 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12228999)
Your link gives a quote by John Callinan, it is just his opinion, he is not a spokesperson regarding the British Government.

Enda Kenny welcomes UK commitment to ‘constructive’ Brexit

Why are you so negative about the EU? Can you not be more positive about the EU and the UK being an integral part of it? See, it is really kind of boring to try to get other people to shut up by calling them "negative". You are one of the most negaitve posters here. So change your attitude first. Always better to start with oneself. Good luck:unsure:

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12229001)
Why are you so negative about the EU? Can you not be more positive about the EU and the UK being an integral part of it? See, it is really kind of boring to try to get other people to shut up by calling them "negative". You are one of the most negaitve posters here. So change your attitude first. Always better to start with oneself. Good luck:unsure:

I am not negative about the EU. (My above post was regarding an opinion of the British Government). I do hope the EU succeeds for the sake of the 27 countries and that the UK comes to a good arrangement for the future of all.

I have long thought that the UK would be better off not a member, and that opinion was enforced by the Lisbon Treaty. I considered a long time before voting to leave (it was just one vote!)

I don't want others to "shut up", but just occasionally to consider another point of view.

Also now we are having Brexit I would hope that posters would stop being so negative regarding what the British Government will be doing to get the best options for the UK Post Brexit.

For example we will need to trade not only with the EU but free trade with other major economies.
Just look at the 'other' thread--Two Cabinet Ministers, another trade Minister, the governer of the Bank of England in the last two weeks having talks with Ministers of a foreign major economy--what are the reactions of a poster---'all meaningless, nothing to do with Brexit!!'

iano Apr 14th 2017 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12228999)

Yes, but Callinan's opinion is well informed after regular contact with the UK government post-Referendum. His observations are plausible too, as we all know, there was never a 'Brexit Plan'. Delusional Davis & co are making it all up as they go along, that much has been obvious.

"it was clear there was “no single, settled position” on Brexit in London.
“Even within the British government, there are very different views,” he said."

Enda Kenny also offered an opinion; mere hopes and wishes expressed from an Irish perspective.

EMR Apr 14th 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229002)
I am not negative about the EU. (My above post was regarding an opinion of the British Government). I do hope the EU succeeds for the sake of the 27 countries and that the UK comes to a good arrangement for the future of all.

I have long thought that the UK would be better off not a member, and that opinion was enforced by the Lisbon Treaty. I considered a long time before voting to leave (it was just one vote!)

I don't want others to "shut up", but just occasionally to consider another point of view.

Also now we are having Brexit I would hope that posters would stop being so negative regarding what the British Government will be doing to get the best options for the UK Post Brexit.

For example we will need to trade not only with the EU but free trade with other major economies.
Just look at the 'other' thread--Two Cabinet Ministers, another trade Minister, the governer of the Bank of England in the last two weeks having talks with Ministers of a foreign major economy--what are the reactions of a poster---'all meaningless, nothing to do with Brexit!!'

We do trade with other nations have done for centuries.
You may not be aware but our governments past and present have always had trade discussions with other nations.
That is why we export more to the rest of the world than the EU.
They were nothing to do with Brexit pre the referendum and in many cases nothing to do with it now.

LouisB Apr 14th 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12229006)
We do trade with other nations have done for centuries.
You may nnot becaware but our governments past and present have always had trade discussions with other nations.
They were nothing to do with Brexit pre the referendum and in many cases nothing to do with it now.

Yep, the idea that the EU is somehow holding the UK back is literally unfounded. Even now it's hard to get a coherent answer on why brexit. Largely because it's a big bag of contradictions and misguided blaming. None of which solves our actual problems, unfortunately..

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12229004)
Yes, but Callinan's opinion is well informed after regular contact with the UK government post-Referendum. His observations are plausible too, as we all know, there was never a 'Brexit Plan'. Delusional Davis & co are making it all up as they go along, that much has been obvious.

"it was clear there was “no single, settled position” on Brexit in London.
“Even within the British government, there are very different views,” he said."

Enda Kenny also offered an opinion; mere hopes and wishes expressed from an Irish perspective.

Callinan was appointed by Enda Kenny, I presume they talk to each other. Each has an opinion.

Bipat Apr 14th 2017 9:34 am

Originally Posted by EMR;12229006[I
]We do trade with other nations have done for centuries.
[/I]You may not be aware but our governments past and present have always had trade discussions with other nations.

We know about previous trade EMR --how many times to say it???

The recent meetings which you are so disparaging about are paving the way for free trade talks, and the Post Brexit relationship.
The Ministers of both countries keep using the word "Brexit" in their speeches. Why are you ignoring this, surely it is important to increase trade. Before you mention tariffs this will obviously be part of discussions--everything is not put in public speeches!

EMR Apr 14th 2017 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12229011)
We know about previous trade EMR --how many times to say it???

The recent meetings which you are so disparaging about are paving the way for free trade talks, and the Post Brexit relationship.
The Ministers of both countries keep using the word "Brexit" in their speeches. Why are you ignoring this, surely it is important to increase trade. Before you mention tariffs this will obviously be part of discussions--everything is not put in public speeches!

Did David Cameron or the Indian government use brexit in 2013.
Then Cameron stated that even Belgium ( EU ) member sold more to India than we did.
No EU restrictions on trade existed.
The only relevance brexit has to these discussions is because our government needs to find deals which are not additional to UK trade but to replace that we may lose with the EU our biggest market.
I will repeat yet again because you do not seem to understand, maybe because you are biased against UK manufacturers having tariff free access to India equal to that we have with the EU.
I am pro any new deal which will create manufacturing jobs in the UK.
I disparage any deal that does not but only results in higher imports.