British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Apr 13th 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228641)

And you said I may as well post something from arsebook....

amideislas Apr 13th 2017 6:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228658)
You think that: I don’t. You say it is a crappy tabloid: I say it isn’t.

That explains volumes.

EMR Apr 13th 2017 6:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12228671)

Some believe it's not a crappy, bigoted tabloid.
What does that say about them.?

iano Apr 13th 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228673)

Yet another link to speculative hot air and waffle from globetrotting Dr Fox....."the fundamentals of our economy are extremely strong,” Fox said.

You only have to scroll down the same page for a dose of reality....


London’s housing market is in its worst slump since the depths of the financial crisis eight years ago, part of a broader slowdown that may continue.
:hand:

LouisB Apr 13th 2017 7:56 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12228671)

Ahah thanks for posting this.

I was tempted but figured probably wasting my time.

Thing with brexit is it teases out people who make up stuff, don't follow facts or reason, are emotional and ask for proof to factual answers only to dispute them when given anyway.

But in this case, the evidence the themMail (and Express) are hate filled trash is overwhelming.

No idea why people read this drivel.

If you read it and don't see an issue, you're too far in to see it.

LouisB Apr 13th 2017 8:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12228715)
Some believe it's not a crappy, bigoted tabloid.
What does that say about them.?

I think it's not hard to work out.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228658)
You think that: I don’t. You say it is a crappy tabloid: I say it isn’t. Who is to say who is right?

I am saying it is the only newspaper to campaign on such issues.

You think the Telegraph and Times are considered respectable journalism? I won’t dispute that but in the context of the European Union, in iano’s EU-linked lies chart, the Mail comes top, the Telegraph second, the Express third and the Times fourth. Not much in it. Guess what? The Sun comes in fifth, standing better than the Times and the Telegraph. The laughable thing is the European Union thinks the Telegraph is worse than the Express. I think the reason people hate the Mail is because of their prejudices.

Personally I don’t care what people think of the Mail: I don’t have shares in it. But I will respond when I hear prejudiced views.

Interesting that the Remainers spend most of their time shooting the messenger rather than facing up to the main issues.

Obviously the majority of the tabloids don't meet their approval simply because they don't match their agendas.

However previously they did at least have a thread to hang onto in the form of the Guardian.

More recently, over the past few months even the Guardian has changed its tune in respect to quite a number of Brexit related issues and I have posted several links clearly demonstrating this to be the case.

Having presented a number of articles openly admitting that their post Brexit forecasts were way of the mark, it might have been reasonable to expect most of the still embittered Remainers to do the decent thing and follow suit.

Sadly there are still those on here and elsewhere who are still denial that their forecasts of a post referendum Armageddon were totally wrong,despite all the evidence to the contrary.

:cool:

EMR Apr 13th 2017 8:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228777)
Interesting that the Remainers spend most of their time shooting the messenger rather than facing up to the main issues.

Obviously the majority of the tabloids don't meet their approval simply because they don't match their agendas.

However previously they did at least have a thread to hang onto in the form of the Guardian.

More recently, over the past few months even the Guardian has changed its tune in respect to quite a number of Brexit related issues and I have posted several links clearly demonstrating this to be the case.

Having presented a number of articles openly admitting that their post Brexit forecasts were way of the mark, it might have been reasonable to expect most of the still embittered Remainers to do the decent thing and follow suit.

Sadly there are still those on here and elsewhere who are still denial that their forecasts of a post referendum Armageddon were totally wrong,despite all the evidence to the contrary.

:cool:

What post brexit forecasts, please.
When did brexit happen
Reading and believing all those Express, Mail headlines has obviously had an affect on your ability to absorb even the simplest of facts.

la mancha Apr 13th 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12228679)
la mancha How long did the DM campaign on plastic bags and, given that the EU issued a directive requiring all member states to do something about reducing the reliance on non-reuseable bags suspiciously shortly before the government introduced the plastic bag tax, how do you make the link between the DM's campaign and the government's action?

Feb. 2008

Banish The Bags: The Mail launches a campaign to clean up the country ... and the planet | Daily Mail Online

June 2014

At last! Plastic bags are banished: Victory for Mail's six-year campaign as Ministers force reluctant supermarkets to impose 5p charge

Plastic bags are banished as ministers force supermarkets to impose 5p charge | Daily Mail Online

God, you are petty. I am saying the Daily Mail has run some very important campaigns. I asked which other newspapers have run similar campaigns. Not one of you on here has come back with a name. All I can see are more and more pessimistic posts. Moan, moan and bloody moan! What a bunch of depressing individuals you are! Not one of you can come back with a positive comment on those campaigns. Eric, I posted the Lawrence case, Sergeant Blackman, plastic bags, the MPs’ expenses scandal and toxic microbeads. Each one of those campaigns matter. Not one of you sad people on here can say something positive! What a lot of depressives! How do you get on?

SultanOfSwing Apr 13th 2017 9:06 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228794)
Feb. 2008

Banish The Bags: The Mail launches a campaign to clean up the country ... and the planet | Daily Mail Online

June 2014

At last! Plastic bags are banished: Victory for Mail's six-year campaign as Ministers force reluctant supermarkets to impose 5p charge

Plastic bags are banished as ministers force supermarkets to impose 5p charge | Daily Mail Online

God, you are petty. I am saying the Daily Mail has run some very important campaigns. I asked which other newspapers have run similar campaigns. Not one of you on here has come back with a name. All I can see are more and more pessimistic posts. Moan, moan and bloody moan! What a bunch of depressing individuals you are! Not one of you can come back with a positive comment on those campaigns. Eric, I posted the Lawrence case, Sergeant Blackman, plastic bags, the MPs’ expenses scandal and toxic microbeads. Each one of those campaigns matter. Not one of you sad people on here can say something positive! What a lot of depressives! How do you get on?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2o...WhFe/giphy.gif

la mancha Apr 13th 2017 9:09 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12228796)

The truth hurts, does it?

SultanOfSwing Apr 13th 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228797)
The truth hurts, does it?

I was just worried you were going to burst a blood vessel, that's all.

We insulted a shitty rag, we didn't spunk in your tea, calm down :lol:

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 9:17 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228777)
More recently, over the past few months even the Guardian has changed its tune in respect to quite a number of Brexit related issues and I have posted several links clearly demonstrating this to be the case.

No you haven't.

What you have very clearly demonstrated is that you haven't a clue about The Guardian's approach to reporting the news and a range of opinions about major issues, despite the fact that it has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions.

That you continue to repeat, ad infinitum, the phrase "even the Guardian" is proof not only of this but also of the fact that you don't retain the slightest memory of what you have previously posted. This is further demonstrated by your strange habit of posting articles, opinions and even letters :blink: from long ago, as though you're also no longer capable of keeping track of the date.

The only thing, in fact, that keeps you looking as though you are actually with us is your morning email from your handlers telling you which half-dozen headlines to quote and where they came from.



:cool:


Actually they probably don't even trust you to do that properly so they've taken over your user name and are doing it for themselves :nod::cool:

:zzz:

:amen:

la mancha Apr 13th 2017 9:18 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12228799)
I was just worried you were going to burst a blood vessel, that's all.

We insulted a shitty rag, we didn't spunk in your tea, calm down :lol:

You’re original, anyway: at least you don’t moan, but I thought the kids had turned in for the night. Best leave it to the grown-ups now.

SultanOfSwing Apr 13th 2017 9:20 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228801)
You’re original, anyway: at least you don’t moan, but I thought the kids had turned in for the night. Best leave it to the grown-ups now.

You do nothing but moan. Nobody likes the Mail, so let's have a little cry about it.

Jesus wept, you're sad.

>Grown Ups
>You and Dick

Pick one.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:38 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.