British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12228634)
Heres some comedy genius from the Department on Exiting the EU

Many of the replies are especially funny.

Oh dear again.

Why not rake up some garbage from arsebook while you're at it.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 5:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Legal advisers tell UK government: YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY A PENNY FOR BREXIT! - Your Brexit

:cool:

amideislas Apr 13th 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Well then, don't pay anything. Just go. Bye!

Oh... you want something?

Fredbargate Apr 13th 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12228397)
Either brexit won't happen or nothing good will come of this. I think it will

Nearly a year on and it is going from bad to worse. Who says?

It'll be the average person and in particular the poorest who'll feel it the most. Sad. Please explain

Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job. So do we have 17,410,742 elites living in the UK's EU zone or are the grass roots not so smart?

The EU isn't the cause of UK issues, therefore leaving it fixes nothing. So what are the causes?

However it will cause a massive set of new issues, for all sorts of things we happily took for granted until now. We took a lot of things for granted for many many years before the EU was ever dreamed of.

Fun times ahead. Agreed

Who likes an easy path anyway,Possibly those that never emigrated?

it's fun to make life harder? Your opinion.

Judging by the responses to these questions I posted it would appear even Gibraltar's MONKEYS are more intelligent than the respondents.

la mancha Apr 13th 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12228627)
The Mail is a tabloid. It is, by definition, a rag - as all tabloids are, and just because it came down on the 'right side' on a handful of events or issues doesn't make that any less so.

Nobody disputes any links from the Telegraph or Times, despite their conservative leanings, because they are broadsheet papers and considered respectable journalism. People hate the Mail because it's a crappy tabloid, not because of its politics.

You think that: I don’t. You say it is a crappy tabloid: I say it isn’t. Who is to say who is right?

I am saying it is the only newspaper to campaign on such issues.

You think the Telegraph and Times are considered respectable journalism? I won’t dispute that but in the context of the European Union, in iano’s EU-linked lies chart, the Mail comes top, the Telegraph second, the Express third and the Times fourth. Not much in it. Guess what? The Sun comes in fifth, standing better than the Times and the Telegraph. The laughable thing is the European Union thinks the Telegraph is worse than the Express. I think the reason people hate the Mail is because of their prejudices.

Personally I don’t care what people think of the Mail: I don’t have shares in it. But I will respond when I hear prejudiced views.

Lion in Winter Apr 13th 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228658)
But I will respond when I hear prejudiced views.

Respond away.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl-9GaVXIAAnBhq.jpg


http://static-ssl.businessinsider.co...2008.54.52.png

SultanOfSwing Apr 13th 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228658)
You think that: I don’t. You say it is a crappy tabloid: I say it isn’t. Who is to say who is right?

I am saying it is the only newspaper to campaign on such issues.

You think the Telegraph and Times are considered respectable journalism? I won’t dispute that but in the context of the European Union, in iano’s EU-linked lies chart, the Mail comes top, the Telegraph second, the Express third and the Times fourth. Not much in it. Guess what? The Sun comes in fifth, standing better than the Times and the Telegraph. The laughable thing is the European Union thinks the Telegraph is worse than the Express. I think the reason people hate the Mail is because of their prejudices.

Personally I don’t care what people think of the Mail: I don’t have shares in it. But I will respond when I hear prejudiced views.

I am prejudiced against the Mail, because I simply don't like it. Same as I don't like the Sun, the Mirror, the Express, the Sunday ****ing Sport. Disliking something is the definition of prejudice. I don't try to hide that, though. I simply hate tabloid journalism, populism and cheap sensationalism. Big deal.

Plus, the Telegraph has a vastly superior crossword ...

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...u-s-trade-deal


The U.K. is eyeing a deal with the U.S. to give London-based banks free access to Wall Street, International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said as he predicted Britain’s economy would thrive even without a Brexit deal.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Fox said he wanted to open up commerce with the U.S. "in every sector" including financial services, which he anticipated would form a key part of future trade talks between London and Washington.


Liam FoxPhotographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg
“We would like to see as open a trading environment as possible” between the U.K. and the U.S., he said. “It’s a fair bet that given the shape of the U.K. economy and the shape of the U.S. economy that the service sector will play a very important part in what we look at.”


:cool:

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
la mancha How long did the DM campaign on plastic bags and, given that the EU issued a directive requiring all member states to do something about reducing the reliance on non-reuseable bags suspiciously shortly before the government introduced the plastic bag tax, how do you make the link between the DM's campaign and the government's action?

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Scottish politician DESTROYS Nicola Sturgeon, saying 'YOU'VE LOST THE PLOT' - Your Brexit

SCOTTISH voters are furious over Nicola Sturgeon’s plans to launch a second independence referendum, the leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats has claimed.

Willie Rennie has claimed Scots are seething over Mrs Sturgeon’s plans to hold another vote on Scottish autonomy “just three years after it was settled”.



Mr Rennie said: “Independence is enormous.

“People are spitting mad with Nicola Sturgeon.

“They cannot believe that just three years after it was settled, she’s bringing it up again.



“It’s the division in families and communities that they are really angry about.”

Mr Rennie, who claimed Nicola Sturgeon was “living in dreamland” after insisting the independence referendum in 2014 was a “very positive experience” for Scots, is putting his party forward as the opposition to a second vote.

Willie Rennie has claimed Scots are seething over Mrs Sturgeon’s plans
He added: “People are wanting us to get back to focusing on these local issues.

“They just think she Mrs Sturgeon has lost the plot.”

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I bet he didn't ;)

DaveLovesDee Apr 13th 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228638)
Oh dear again.

Why not rake up some garbage from arsebook while you're at it.

:cool:

Even that would be better than a Mail or Express link....

Such irony, the DeptExitEU posting proof that EU membership has been good for the for UK.

EMR Apr 13th 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12228624)
Oh, no? Is that why LouisB says the Mail is a xenophobic race hate rag when it has campaigned for twenty years on the Lawrence case? Or others’ constant sneering remarks about newspapers they don’t read?

SoS, I make fun of the Guardian and Independent only out of retaliation. I do not care much for any newspaper. I don’t believe much of anything they say. I agree they are only bloody papers.

You need to read the full history of three lawrence case.
The Mail was late to the party.

amideislas Apr 13th 2017 6:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228673)
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...u-s-trade-deal


The U.K. is eyeing a deal with the U.S. to give London-based banks free access to Wall Street, International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said as he predicted Britain’s economy would thrive even without a Brexit deal.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Fox said he wanted to open up commerce with the U.S. "in every sector" including financial services, which he anticipated would form a key part of future trade talks between London and Washington.


Liam FoxPhotographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg
“We would like to see as open a trading environment as possible” between the U.K. and the U.S., he said. “It’s a fair bet that given the shape of the U.K. economy and the shape of the U.S. economy that the service sector will play a very important part in what we look at.”


:cool:

Wow! That could be like, well, the 51st state. England could finally be equal to say, Wisconsin.

Here's what that might be like:

Post-Brexit Britain: This is what taking your country back looks like

EMR Apr 13th 2017 6:44 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228673)
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...u-s-trade-deal


The U.K. is eyeing a deal with the U.S. to give London-based banks free access to Wall Street, International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said as he predicted Britain’s economy would thrive even without a Brexit deal.

In an interview with Bloomberg, Fox said he wanted to open up commerce with the U.S. "in every sector" including financial services, which he anticipated would form a key part of future trade talks between London and Washington.


Liam FoxPhotographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg
“We would like to see as open a trading environment as possible” between the U.K. and the U.S., he said. “It’s a fair bet that given the shape of the U.K. economy and the shape of the U.S. economy that the service sector will play a very important part in what we look at.”


:cool:

Since when was Liam Fox up President of the US.

We would like means absolutely nothing.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:18 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.