British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 9:52 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

BREXIT: European wine makers terrified EU won’t reach UK trade deal | World | News | Express.co.uk

We can’t COMPETE' European wine makers terrified EU won’t reach UK trade deal

ITALIAN wine merchants are terrified their industry will be dealt a massive blow if the European Union cannot reach a trade agreement with the United Kingdom.

:cool:

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 9:57 am

Where are all those people who normally burst into tears about "talking down Brexit"? Is that not a prime example?

DaveLovesDee Apr 13th 2017 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12228315)
Is it terminal?

And always look on the bright side of life
Come on!
Always look on the right side of life

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin
Give the audience a grin
Enjoy it, it's your last chance anyhow

So, always look on the bright side of death
A-just before you draw your terminal breath

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228339)
BREXIT: European wine makers terrified EU won’t reach UK trade deal | World | News | Express.co.uk

ITALIAN wine merchants are terrified their industry will be dealt a massive blow if the European Union cannot reach a trade agreement with the United Kingdom.

:cool:

I guess Prosecco's going to be more expensive then! :p

DaveLovesDee Apr 13th 2017 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12228341)
Where are all those people who normally burst into tears about "talking down Brexit"? Is that not a prime example?

It seems like it's only an issue when us Remainers do it....

When the Leave side do it, it's not.

LouisB Apr 13th 2017 10:15 am

For anyone posting bounce back post brexit news 🤦‍♂️

I'll just take a moment to remind everyone.

Brexit has barely even started. We're still in the EU (we were doing quite well in it).

It'll be a very long time before we're actually post brexit, if we ever make it at all...

iano Apr 13th 2017 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228339)

Project Terror !

Lion in Winter Apr 13th 2017 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12228341)

Some of our fervent Leave friends seem to divide their time between gloating over the idea that Brexit is going to cause misery for millions of ordinary people in EU countries and providing examples of the UK's economic success built on being in the EU.

The mental gymnastics are interesting at least, but perhaps someone should tell them the campaign is over.

amideislas Apr 13th 2017 11:01 am

Well, UK consumption of Italian wines account for about 12% of Italian wine exports (far 2nd to Germany and closely followed by the US, whose prices won't change), and if prices rise in the UK by say, 20%, then let's figure a pessimistic 20% reduction in consumption for lack of affordability, reducing the UK's consumption to say, 7% of Italian wine exports (of which prosecco is only a fraction)

I reckon that would "terrify" anyone. But especially those Brits addicted to it. OK, then, just cut down on food. Simples. Oh, shit; food's more expensive too. And petrol. And...

But again, it's hardly worth pointing this out, since it was just another OTT sensationalist (and terribly desperate sounding) express article.

Fredbargate Apr 13th 2017 11:41 am

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228248)
Either brexit won't happen or nothing good will come of this.

Nearly a year on and it is going from bad to worse. It'll be the average person and in particular the poorest who'll feel it the most. Sad.

Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job.

The EU isn't the cause of UK issues, therefore leaving it fixes nothing.

However it will cause a massive set of new issues, for all sorts of things we happily took for granted until now.

Fun times ahead. Who likes an easy path anyway, it's fun to make life harder? 🤔

Either brexit won't happen or nothing good will come of this. I think it will

Nearly a year on and it is going from bad to worse. Who says?

It'll be the average person and in particular the poorest who'll feel it the most. Sad. Please explain

Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job. So do we have 17,410,742 elites living in the UK's EU zone or are the grass roots not so smart?

The EU isn't the cause of UK issues, therefore leaving it fixes nothing. So what are the causes?

However it will cause a massive set of new issues, for all sorts of things we happily took for granted until now. We took a lot of things for granted for many many years before the EU was ever dreamed of.

Fun times ahead. Agreed

Who likes an easy path anyway,Possibly those that never emigrated?

it's fun to make life harder? Your opinion.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 11:58 am

DESPERATE Labour party forced to sell £100 TEA TOWELS signed by Jeremy Corbyn - Your Brexit

Get your order in early, Comrade Eric.

:lol:

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228406)

I'll get a question in first, if I may.

What the blazes has that to do with Brexit??

iano Apr 13th 2017 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12228397)
Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job. So do we have 17,410,742 elites living in the UK's EU zone or are the grass roots not so smart?

Oh, Fred. There's been copious posts from GeniB and others highlighting the shenanigans of the Oxford Set and Bullingdon Clubbers. The elite is all tucked up in bed with Rupert and co. Brexit has always been about regaining undiluted power; for the sole benefit of the Westminster elite, and its puppetmaster. NOT the people !

"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice." - Anthony Hilton, Evening Standard.

Lion in Winter Apr 13th 2017 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12228412)
I'll get a question in first, if I may.

What the blazes has that to do with Brexit??

You'll have to forgive him. His world is divided into two parts - "what I like" and "what I don't like".

I think I prefer this one, anyway, as tea towels go.

http://www.radicalteatowel.com/image...ll-700x700.jpg

https://www.radicalteatowel.com/nove...rice=16/page=4

DaveLovesDee Apr 13th 2017 12:45 pm

Whp remembers this?

Why the government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the UK

How much of what Leavers termed 'Project Fear' at the time has since been proven to be 'Project Fact'? :p

EMR Apr 13th 2017 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12228431)
Oh, Fred. There's been copious posts highlighting the shenanigans of the Oxford Set and Bullingdon Clubbers, from GeniB and others. The elite is all tucked up in bed with Rupert and co. Brexit has always been about regaining undiluted power; for the sole benefit of the Westminster elite, and its puppetmaster. NOT the people !

It's not totally accurate to suggest those with a brexit mindset are from the elite in our society.
Not sure what you would call the Leicester supporters arrested in Madrid.
One of the chants was " f**** off you Spanish, Gibraltar is ours ".