British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Apr 13th 2017 7:38 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228248)
Either brexit won't happen or nothing good will come of this.

Nearly a year on and it is going from bad to worse. It'll be the average person and in particular the poorest who'll feel it the most. Sad.

Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job.

The EU isn't the cause of UK issues, therefore leaving it fixes nothing.

However it will cause a massive set of new issues, for all sorts of things we happily took for granted until now.

Fun times ahead. Who likes an easy path anyway, it's fun to make life harder? 🤔

I'm not a rich bank rolled elite, I voted out, I am happy with the way things are going but then again I have a positive outlook on life.

LouisB Apr 13th 2017 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12228256)
I'm not a rich bank rolled elite, I voted out, I am happy with the way things are going but then again I have a positive outlook on life.

I didn't say you were behind it...

And it's nothing to do with a positive outlook. People in a jail cell can be perfectly happy.

Scamp Apr 13th 2017 8:05 am

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228248)
Nearly a year on and it is going from bad to worse. It'll be the average person and in particular the poorest who'll feel it the most. Sad.

Make no mistake this is not a smart grass roots ground up people power revolution, this is rich bank rolled elites using modern misinformation to basically do a massive con job.

Careful. La Mancha will be along in a minute to tell you that there are millions in poverty who voted leave...ignoring the fact that this vote will probably hurt them a lot too. Two fingers up at the establishment and all that. I'm sure it'll do wonders for them.

Originally Posted by LouisB (Post 12228252)
😂 The daily mail isn't worth the paper it is printed in. Basically a xenophobic hate rag.

Couldn't have put it better. Justifying it's total intolerance and lies with it's campaign to get rid of plastic bags is as laughable as saying that Dick wants to have babies with Merkel.

EMR Apr 13th 2017 8:08 am

WTO has upgraded it's forcast for " global trade " growth to over 2% for 2017.
No doubt our leavers will claim that this positive news as they do everything is due to the UK vote last June.

Scamp Apr 13th 2017 8:15 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12228271)
WTO has upgraded it's forcast for " global trade " growth to over 2% for 2017.
No doubt our leavers will claim that this positive news as they do everything is due to the UK vote last June.

House prices in central London saw their most widespread declines since 2009 as Brexit uncertainties and high transaction costs dented demand for high-end property in the British capital, a survey showed on Thursday.

"The UK housing market continues to lack impetus, with new buyer enquiries and agreed sales stagnant in March," RICS said.

Even with a pound worth 20% less London struggles to attract the investors in property, let alone local buyers.

EMR Apr 13th 2017 8:18 am

Over 3 million from the EU and non EU now employed in almost every sector of the UK economy.
Thank you Dick for confirming that the UK economy will continue to need large numbers skilled or unskilled.
Not what you voted for though is it ?

iano Apr 13th 2017 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12228268)
as laughable as saying that Dick wants to have babies with Merkel.

On the contrary, I think you've nailed it. :rofl:

EMR Apr 13th 2017 8:42 am

You are not a " JAM" living in an area where it's traditional industries have closed.
Where the austerity policies of this and past governments affect you every day.
Where the jobs that are available are low paid and low skilled.
Those for who brexit was a vote a hopefull vote for change.
Those whose votes made the difference.
Change that will not happen..

DaveLovesDee Apr 13th 2017 8:45 am

As do the 96% who voted Remain, I suspect...

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 9:06 am

...I have a positive outlook on life.

Is it terminal?

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 9:36 am

Mattias Karlsson - Eurosceptic party Sweden Democrats surges in polls | World | News | Express.co.uk

The Eurosceptic party, which has seen its popularity surge in recent months, shot ahead of its political opponents with a record 27.2 per cent saying they would vote the Sweden Democrats, according to figures from News Today / Senti.

Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk Mattias Karlsson, the group leader in the Swedish Parliament, said euroscepticism among Swedes was growing because people were starting to their state’s sovereignty was being compromised.

He said: “I think Sweden is becoming more eurosceptic because we have seen the problems with the Euro and all the problems facing the European Union in general and people are becoming more and more aware that we are not governing our own country anymore.

“I think in the beginning we saw it as a fun thing. We could cross borders however you wanted, go shopping and study in other countries.

“Now people are also experiencing the backside of this, organised crime, the fact that Sweden is paying very large amounts of money every year to the European Union and not getting very much back.”

Mr Karlsson added Brexit had opened the door for Sweden to follow it out of the bloc, the British people have shown it is possible to leave Brussels.

“I think the eurosceptic movement will increase and I think that Brexit had a very big impact on this,” the right-wing politician said.

“People are starting to believe it is really possible to leave the European Union.”

Mr Karlsson added: “The position of my party is we want a Swexit as soon as possible because we feel our membership of the European Union is hurting us.

:cool:

EMR Apr 13th 2017 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228329)
Mattias Karlsson - Eurosceptic party Sweden Democrats surges in polls | World | News | Express.co.uk

The Eurosceptic party, which has seen its popularity surge in recent months, shot ahead of its political opponents with a record 27.2 per cent saying they would vote the Sweden Democrats, according to figures from News Today / Senti.

Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk Mattias Karlsson, the group leader in the Swedish Parliament, said euroscepticism among Swedes was growing because people were starting to their state’s sovereignty was being compromised.

He said: “I think Sweden is becoming more eurosceptic because we have seen the problems with the Euro and all the problems facing the European Union in general and people are becoming more and more aware that we are not governing our own country anymore.

“I think in the beginning we saw it as a fun thing. We could cross borders however you wanted, go shopping and study in other countries.

“Now people are also experiencing the backside of this, organised crime, the fact that Sweden is paying very large amounts of money every year to the European Union and not getting very much back.”

Mr Karlsson added Brexit had opened the door for Sweden to follow it out of the bloc, the British people have shown it is possible to leave Brussels.

“I think the eurosceptic movement will increase and I think that Brexit had a very big impact on this,” the right-wing politician said.

“People are starting to believe it is really possible to leave the European Union.”

Mr Karlsson added: “The position of my party is we want a Swexit as soon as possible because we feel our membership of the European Union is hurting us.

:cool:

Sweden is not in the Euro like the UK so please explain how it has suffered.

Look likes the Swedish Ukip is just as our part of that name us just as out of touch with reality.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 13th 2017 9:47 am

The Times....

Confidence among small businesses has bounced back to levels last seen before the EU referendum, with companies enjoying strong export sales and improved access to finance, figures from Britain’s largest employers’ group show.

The Federation of Small Businesses said that sentiment among members was at a 15-month high, reversing a hit to confidence that followed last year’s Brexit vote.

Small exporters are benefiting from goods and services being cheaper to overseas buyers thanks to the weakness in the pound.

The proportion of companies reporting an increase in export activity over the past three months, and the number of businesses expecting international sales to increase over the coming quarter, were both at five-year highs, the FSB said.

Red Eric Apr 13th 2017 9:49 am

Yeah, but what about the workers?

EMR Apr 13th 2017 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12228334)
The Times....

Confidence among small businesses has bounced back to levels last seen before the EU referendum, with companies enjoying strong export sales and improved access to finance, figures from Britain’s largest employers’ group show.

The Federation of Small Businesses said that sentiment among members was at a 15-month high, reversing a hit to confidence that followed last year’s Brexit vote.

Small exporters are benefiting from goods and services being cheaper to overseas buyers thanks to the weakness in the pound.

The proportion of companies reporting an increase in export activity over the past three months, and the number of businesses expecting international sales to increase over the coming quarter, were both at five-year highs, the FSB said.

Good news continues while we remain in the EU with free access to its markets for our exporters.
SFA to do with brexit.
I take you also dismiss the view of you favourite newspaper whose moronic editors do not seem to understand the relationship to a successfull economy with the need for workers that the UK cannot provide.
Who do you agree with Dick, the Times or the Express.?