British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Annetje Apr 12th 2017 2:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227622)
1) Five years is not a long time in the future of the UK.



There is also a separate thread for Positive Brexit News--Why?

5 years of what ... desperately seeking trades no matter what, NHS down the drain, pensioners and so called ''jam people'' even harder of than they are now, shops closing, business moving to EU etc etc etc

Of course there is a separate thread for positive news ... that is just a ''whish list'' whilst this thread is objective and down to earth and sees all the negative happening in front of here eyes !!!!

I wish all these Brexiteers would wake up and look around and become a bit realistic ... but I am afraid that is not going to happen. There head is too far in the sand
:amen:

EMR Apr 12th 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227590)
Is it not important, for all in the UK for Brexit to be successful?
The Remain voters complain of a 'project fear', however what is this constant negative, 'talking down' of Brexit, before even negotiations start?

(Anything positive posted on BE, has to be insulted or go on a separate thread!):lol:

AS I posted the Tory party is already split on the subject of immigration with one group of ex senior ministers wanting an immediate end for five years followed by a max nett limit of 50,000.
This in not project fear but project Brexit.

iano Apr 12th 2017 2:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227617)
Read the last two paragraphs of your link. It is a potential problem, but with headline "catastrophe for British shipping"..

'Custom checks' would be a catastrophe, and as we're heading outside the EU customs union, apparently, custom checks would become a reality.

The UK would also be dependent on goodwill from French ports to ensure supply chains operate efficiently. #takebackcontrol. Yeah, right.

Annetje Apr 12th 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
And then, the future is partly in the hands of this idiot :

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...xit-tim-farron

And we are supposed to feel comfortable with Brexit ???????

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Annetje Apr 12th 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Now, should I put this here or on the positive Brexit thread ?

Post-Brexit Britain: This is what taking your country back looks like | The Independent

They are talking new trade deals though, so maybe it is POSITIVE

:sarcasm:

Bipat Apr 12th 2017 2:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12227655)
And then, the future is partly in the hands of this idiot :

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...xit-tim-farron

And we are supposed to feel comfortable with Brexit ???????

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I presume you meant Tim Farron? :lol:
Who is he to say "as the LibDems demand"?

(I am open minded --I was a member of the LibDems and still have voting rights --did not vote for Tim Farron!)

Also I agree Boris Johnson was not a good choice for Foreign Minister--he can be sacked at next re-shuffle--we don't have to get the agreement of the EU!:lol:

Bipat Apr 12th 2017 2:39 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12227659)
Now, should I put this here or on the positive Brexit thread ?

Post-Brexit Britain: This is what taking your country back looks like | The Independent

They are talking new trade deals though, so maybe it is POSITIVE

:sarcasm:

UK is already trading with these countries as is the EU?

All the countries mentioned are completely different, why 'lump' them all together, and only show photos and describe of those disapproved of.

Annetje Apr 12th 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227663)
I presume you meant Tim Farron? :lol:
Who is he to say "as the LibDems demand"?

(I am open minded --I was a member of the LibDems and still have voting rights --did not vote for Tim Farron!)

Also I agree Boris Johnson was not a good choice for Foreign Minister--he can be sacked at next re-shuffle--we don't have to get the agreement of the EU!:lol:

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumb down:

amideislas Apr 12th 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
It varies, depending on the narratives of certain politicians on any given day, but if you simply google "brexit news", on any given day, the results usually have a clear pattern:

First, the more pessimistic Brexit headlines tend to dominate - and they come from many sources globally, and even the more credible ones.

But the "optimistic" headlines are far less dominant, and come almost exclusively from UK publications. And the most [wildly] optimistic predictably come from the Sun, Mail, and Express, Britain's most-read rags, and at the same time, amongst the least credible news outlets the western world.

You can draw your own conclusions, but for me, it suggests that Brexit optimism is primarily a British tabloid sensation, or a popular "fad", really. The more objective observers (the more knowledgeable, without any dog in this fight at all) still struggle to quantify how Brexit can possibly mean anything positive for anyone involved.

But the tone seems to shifted away from one of dismay, to one of acceptance that Britain will be undergoing a substantial downward economic and political adjustment as a result of Brexit. How far is the big question, and remains to be seen.

The first and most obvious sign of that sentiment is the value of sterling. That didn't happen because the markets believe Britain has a bright future. Quite the opposite, really. And it hasn't recovered, despite the optimistic economic news (which is demonstrably now coming to an end - except in the tabloids, of course).

Yet there still isn't any obvious logic or strategy which paves a path toward salvation - other than wishful speculation that the EU will somehow "capitulate" in the end and give Britain whatever it wants, but that's very unlikely to happen - or the wishful speculation that the new "Global Britain" will somehow turn it all around with "trade deals" that will miraculously be negotiated with self-serving giants in record-breaking time, from a demonstrable position of weakness (and frankly, desperation). It's good to stay positive though.

In the end, it's just a new reality that Britain will inevitably have to face. But that's what Britain voted for, and so it shall be.

The irony though, is that by the time it's all done and dusted, the fad that brought you Brexit won't likely be in vogue anymore, leaving Britain a little "behind the times". But then again, returning to past times with fond memories of how "things were better" was another factor in the vote to leave, so perhaps being a little "behind the times" is also what Britain wanted.

EMR Apr 12th 2017 2:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227663)
I presume you meant Tim Farron? :lol:
Who is he to say "as the LibDems demand"?

(I am open minded --I was a member of the LibDems and still have voting rights --did not vote for Tim Farron!)

Also I agree Boris Johnson was not a good choice for Foreign Minister--he can be sacked at next re-shuffle--we don't have to get the agreement of the EU!:lol:

Not Tim Faron the post was about Boris.

Annetje Apr 12th 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227670)
UK is already trading with these countries as is the EU?

All the countries mentioned are completely different, why 'lump' them all together, and only show photos and describe of those disapproved of.


More head in the sand ...


I notice you didn't reply to my first post. Why not ? Too much negative there ? No answer, lifting of the shoulders, so what ... we will wait 5 years and see ? More head in the sand ?

Bipat Apr 12th 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12227679)
Not Tim Faron the post was about Boris.

It was written by Tim Farron!

iano Apr 12th 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
As an aside; note how Boris Johnson and Donald Trump could be twins ?

NYC-born, wealthy populist maverick with affected unruly blond hair, loose cannon talking slobocks, ego the size of Antarctica, media whore....jacket button always undone, did I mention anti-establishment ? I did. :p

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/wp-c...pointments.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...rns-895689.jpg

Wankers !

Bipat Apr 12th 2017 2:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12227682)
More head in the sand ...


I notice you didn't reply to my first post. Why not ? Too much negative there ? No answer, lifting of the shoulders, so what ... we will wait 5 years and see ? More head in the sand ?

Perhaps thinking all non-EU countries are the same!! is "Head in the sand" (they are not all deserts) or possibly a symptom of Xenophobia? :lol:

Your first post was your own personal negative thoughts, as Brexit hasn't happened how can it be happening before your eyes?

Annetje Apr 12th 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12227690)
Perhaps thinking all non-EU countries are the same!! is "Head in the sand" (they are not all deserts) or possibly a symptom of Xenophobia? :lol:

Your first post was your own personal negative thoughts, as Brexit hasn't happened how can it be happening before your eyes?

There is just no talking to you, is there !!!!

Just just go on, lolling away, with your head in the sand whilst people are struggling.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:46 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.