British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Apr 9th 2017 6:18 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Sorry Scamp, but the news is that the Eu is already failing and falling apart as the Brussels Dictators have been left with no option but to accept that some countries are going to do their own thing,
just as they have been doing for quite a while now.

Meanwhile unrest and terrorism within the Eu continue to increase.

Thanks a bunch Merkel and the Eu. :sarcasm:

Dick Dasterdly Apr 9th 2017 6:21 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Hard to believe the Dumbos get rid of one lot of mad Dictators hellbent on total control and absolute power and replace it with another like minded mob.

I sometimes wonder why we ever bothered.


:cool:

jimenato Apr 9th 2017 6:58 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
You're early today Dick. Or is it late yesterday?

Scamp Apr 9th 2017 7:46 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12224780)
Sorry Scamp, but the news is that the Eu is already failing and falling apart as the Brussels Dictators have been left with no option but to accept that some countries are going to do their own thing,
just as they have been doing for quite a while now.

Meanwhile unrest and terrorism within the Eu continue to increase.

Thanks a bunch Merkel and the Eu. :sarcasm:

What would you prefer:

Britain part of the EU. Both doing well and positively prosperous.
OR
Britain not part of the EU. Both failing miserably, economic stagnation and struggles.

Fredbargate Apr 9th 2017 8:00 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12224817)
What would you prefer:

Britain part of the EU. Both doing well and positively prosperous.
OR
Britain not part of the EU. Both failing miserably, economic stagnation and struggles.

Or Britain not part of the EU both doing well?

Don't be so negative.

EMR Apr 9th 2017 8:03 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12224780)
Sorry Scamp, but the news is that the Eu is already failing and falling apart as the Brussels Dictators have been left with no option but to accept that some countries are going to do their own thing,
just as they have been doing for quite a while now.

Meanwhile unrest and terrorism within the Eu continue to increase.

Thanks a bunch Merkel and the Eu. :sarcasm:

I take in your very odd mind the EU and Merkel are responsible for the home grown terror acts taking place in the UK which is part of the EU.
Your very very very odd mind.

amideislas Apr 9th 2017 8:21 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Why do you guys even bother to argue with Dick? You may as well argue with a ficus.

Scamp Apr 9th 2017 8:29 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12224830)
Or Britain not part of the EU both doing well?

Don't be so negative.

Trying to understand Dick's point of view. I can't work out which he wants more; Britain to be 'independent' etc or the EU to fail.

iano Apr 9th 2017 9:45 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12224842)
Why do you guys even bother to argue with Dick? You may as well argue with a ficus.

Though one at least gives a fig.

DaveLovesDee Apr 9th 2017 10:36 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12224780)
Sorry Scamp, but the news is that the Eu is already failing and falling apart as the Brussels Dictators have been left with no option but to accept that some countries are going to do their own thing,
just as they have been doing for quite a while now.


Meanwhile unrest and terrorism within the Eu continue to increase.

Thanks a bunch Merkel and the Eu. :sarcasm:

Has the UK ever done anything than than 'it's own thing' since joining the EU? It could have been in the position people seem to claim Germany's in, and led the EU in the direction it wanted, but instead, the UK only ever looked after it's own self-interests.


Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12224781)
Hard to believe the Dumbos get rid of one lot of mad Dictators hellbent on total control and absolute power and replace it with another like minded mob.

I sometimes wonder why we ever bothered.


:cool:

Those 'dictators' we're getting rid of are the democratically-elected national leaders of every one of the 28 EU member states, all working together for the mutual benefit of all member states. And the 751 democratically-elected MEPs from those same countries are there to represent the voices of residents of those same countries.

We're replacing it with a buch of self-servatives who are looking increasingly likely to have won the last General Election by fraudulently under-declaring election expenses in up to 25 constituencies. As their majority is only about 12 MPs, this would clearly have affected the result of the election, including whether an EU referendum would actually have been called.

We're also replacing it with people who have repeatedly tried to avoid Parliament's involvement in the Brexit process, despite claims we were taking back sovereignty (which the Brexit White Paper clearly said we hadn't lost).

So who exactly is #TakingBackControl ? The UK, or just the 17 million who voted Leave?

DaveLovesDee Apr 9th 2017 10:50 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
The Day the UK Died

EMR Apr 9th 2017 11:25 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Reading this mornings Sunday Times I had to check know the date to see if it was still April 1.
But it obviously is not which means that the geriatric Tories in the " leave means )leave group " are being deadly serious.
This group which includes past Tory luminaries such as lamented, Villiers, Lilley is calling get for a 5 year freeze on ALL unskilled migrants and a TOTAL limit on ALL immigration of 50,000.
Skilled migrants would have to have a job paying at least 35,000, health insurance and sufficient savings not need the NHS etc for a month of 5 years.
The paper was drawn up by an ex UKIP member who is thinking of joining the Tories.

Looks like May is going to face more problems from within the Brexit camp than outside.

DaveLovesDee Apr 9th 2017 11:41 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12224955)
Reading this mornings Sunday Times I had to check know the date to see if it was still April 1.
But it obviously is not which means that the geriatric Tories in the " leave means )leave group " are being deadly serious.
This group which includes past Tory luminaries such as lamented, Villiers, Lilley is calling get for a 5 year freeze on ALL unskilled migrants and a TOTAL limit on ALL immigration of 50,000.
Skilled migrants would have to have a job paying at least 35,000, health insurance and sufficient savings not need the NHS etc for a month of 5 years.
The paper was drawn up by an ex UKIP member who is thinking of joining the Tories.

Looks like May is going to face more problems from within the Brexit camp than outside.

:sarcasm: All those things are workable IF the UK government funds the ability of unemployed Brits to do the jobs of the unskilled migrants would do. Many of these jobs are in rural agricultural industries where workers work long hours doing manual work, and live in cramped accommodation on farms, out of the comfort zone of most Brits.

I have experience of working away for periods at a time, but even I wouldn't want to pick fruit for £7.50ph when my regular job working away pays more for a lot less physical labour.

EMR Apr 9th 2017 11:47 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12224964)
:sarcasm: All those things are workable IF the UK government funds the ability of unemployed Brits to do the jobs of the unskilled migrants would do. Many of these jobs are in rural agricultural industries where workers work long hours doing manual work, and live in cramped accommodation on farms, out of the comfort zone of most Brits.

I have experience of working away for periods at a time, but even I wouldn't want to pick fruit for £7.50ph when my regular job working away pays more for a lot less physical labour.

Warehouse distribution, Amazon and their like, food processing, leisure, hotels, construction etc etc require tens thousands of new unskilled workers every year.
Where are they going to come from.
50,000 does not even keep up with the ageing UK born population or are 70,80 year old expected to carry on working to replace so called unskilled migrants .

lutonlad Apr 9th 2017 11:47 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12224955)
Reading this mornings Sunday Times I had to check know the date to see if it was still April 1.
But it obviously is not which means that the geriatric Tories in the " leave means )leave group " are being deadly serious.
This group which includes past Tory luminaries such as lamented, Villiers, Lilley is calling get for a 5 year freeze on ALL unskilled migrants and a TOTAL limit on ALL immigration of 50,000.
Skilled migrants would have to have a job paying at least 35,000, health insurance and sufficient savings not need the NHS etc for a month of 5 years.
The paper was drawn up by an ex UKIP member who is thinking of joining the Tories.

Looks like May is going to face more problems from within the Brexit camp than outside.

Not sure about all EU countries, but isn't that similar to the rules in Spain?
I mean, unless you're a pensioner you have to prove your 'self sufficiency' to become a resident - including healthcare (and even in the case of pensioners, the UK Govt pays Spain a sum per head).


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:50 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.