British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

la mancha Apr 5th 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12222369)
I'm not doubting it's on their website. I'd be very surprised if you found your way there to it all of your own accord, though, given our previous exchanges regarding trades unions.

The fact that you used a term I haven't heard before (or seen you use before, come to that) in relation to freedom of movement and that very same phrase cropped up less than a week later in Marine le Pen's speech indicates to me that it may well be floating around as a current thing in very right circles. You're highly organised in the propaganda department, after all and repetitious use of dubious phrases is all part of it ;)

What a load of arrogant shite you have just posted.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 5th 2017 6:41 pm

More bad news for Krankie.

MASSIVE BLOW to Sturgeon's plans as report shows North Sea Gas and Oil are 'drain on economy' - Your Brexit

Most estimates indicate that the Scotttish economy would be on the rocks within 12 months if they were dumb enough to vote for independence.

:cool:

EMR Apr 5th 2017 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12222406)
More bad news for Krankie.

MASSIVE BLOW to Sturgeon's plans as report shows North Sea Gas and Oil are 'drain on economy' - Your Brexit

Most estimates indicate that the Scotttish economy would be on the rocks within 12 months if they were dumb enough to vote for independence.

You are a referendum out of date Dick,, no surprise there.
The reliance on Nov Sea oil and gas being overplayEd was a feature then.
Do keep up.

EMR Apr 5th 2017 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12222344)
Do I really have to waste time spelling it out to you? EMR implied that the EU is not a country and therefore does not export. I showed him and you others that the EU does export to the Saudis. The point is trade, not what trade.

Do you know what’s going on, any of you?

Some individual countries who are members of the EU export including the UK.
There is no country called the EU even though you have created one to fuel your prejudices.

mrken30 Apr 5th 2017 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12222418)
There is no country called the EU even though you have created one to fuel your prejudices.

The EU is a union , similar to the UK being a union.

EMR Apr 5th 2017 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12222426)

Nothing like, the UK is a sovereign nation with a head of state .
Are you British, clearly not.

Red Eric Apr 5th 2017 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12222379)

No, it's absolutely true. Le Pen really did use the phrase "social dumping" yesterday. I was quite surprised myself.

OK, it wasn't actually "social dumping" she said, as she was speaking in French, so it came out as "dermping so-see-arl", which is as near as dammit.

la mancha Apr 5th 2017 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12222418)

Jesus, you and your prejudices. You implied the EU does not export because it is not a country. I posted a link from the European Commission’s website that clearly showed the EU does export to the Saudis. The question is not whether the EU is a country or a dysfunctional organisation: the point is that it does export. Look at the link. If the link is wrong email the European Commission and tell them. They said it: not me.

DaveLovesDee Apr 5th 2017 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12222495)
Jesus, you and your prejudices. You implied the EU does not export because it is not a country. I posted a link from the European Commission’s website that clearly showed the EU does export to the Saudis. The question is not whether the EU is a country or a dysfunctional organisation: the point is that it does export. Look at the link. If the link is wrong email the European Commission and tell them. They said it: not me.

When the report refers to the EU exporting, it's referring to the EU member countries as a group.

What would the EU as an entity itself actually manufacture or provide as a service that would be exportable to a non-EU country?

Dick Dasterdly Apr 5th 2017 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12222533)
When the report refers to the EU exporting, it's referring to the EU member countries as a group.

What would the EU as an entity itself actually manufacture or provide as a service that would be exportable to a non-EU country?

Bullshit comes to mind,
though I think the available supply from the Brussels bullshit mountain, might well exceed the demand. :lol:

Dick Dasterdly Apr 5th 2017 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12222426)

News to me.
I always thought you had to be united to be a union.
With 27 squabbling children, plus a bunch of overpaid squabbling teachers trying to keep them under control, the Eu looks a long way from being a union to me.

:confused:

Dick Dasterdly Apr 5th 2017 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12222412)
You are a referendum out of date Dick,, no surprise there.
The reliance on Nov Sea oil and gas being overplayEd was a feature then.
Do keep up.

Since when it's gone downhill even further.

At present Scotland is the only U.K. country with negative growth and is relying on the other three countries to keep it afloat.

Another quarter like the last and it would officially be in recession.

Krankie and her extremist sidekicks are fiddling and fantasising in international affairs while Scotland goes to the dogs, causing great concern amongst Scots in general that she is seriously neglecting domestic affairs which are in urgent need of immediate attention.

DaveLovesDee Apr 5th 2017 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12222577)
Bullshit comes to mind,
though I think the available supply from the Brussels bullshit mountain, might well exceed the demand. :lol:

Which part is bullshit?

The EU report, that it refers to EU member states, or my question of what the EU itself (separately from it's member states) manufactures or provides services in to non-EU countries.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 5th 2017 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12222292)
I understand that the UK collects taxes on the profits banks take on the services.

And apparently, the total exchanges are worth a trillion per day.

Anyway, this explains more:

Brexit risks taking multi-trillion euro trading from London

Still, no matter what happens, the clearinghouses can move to the continent without it being cost-prohibitive. Automakers don't have the same luxury.

In your dreams sweetheart. ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/business...despite-brexit

London will remain Europe’s financial capital despite Brexit

:thumbup:

Scamp Apr 6th 2017 3:00 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12222344)
Do I really have to waste time spelling it out to you? EMR implied that the EU is not a country and therefore does not export. I showed him and you others that the EU does export to the Saudis. The point is trade, not what trade.

Do you know what’s going on, any of you?

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12222379)

You're such a nasty little man, astounding you can call anyone arrogant.