British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

morpeth Apr 4th 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12221697)
Evening, Fred.

That's the average volume of daily business. It's a very lucrative business managing credit risk, and London has to date cornered around 70% of the Euro derivative swaps market.

Currently sensitive pre-Brexit talks, but rest assured moves are afoot...

All euro business should be moved from London after Brexit - top lawmaker | Reuters

Financial service institutions will still trade Euros and can create Euro derivatives no matter what the EU says. It cant stop financial institutions from creating and dealing in Euro derivative credit swaps and any more than the US could stop Venezuela issuing dollar denominated bonds, or a London bank entering into a Euro swap with an American bank.

The EU might make it more difficult. but derivative swaps generated and serviced by and through London will continue.

iano Apr 4th 2017 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12221719)
The EU might make it more difficult. but derivative swaps generated and serviced by and through London will continue.

As it explained in the linked Reuters article; London's Euro derivative clearing business could be forcibly moved to the continent through EU legislation, and the ECB are fully behind it, as they were 2 years ago.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 4th 2017 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12221719)
Financial service institutions will still trade Euros and can create Euro derivatives no matter what the EU says. It cant stop financial institutions from creating and dealing in Euro derivative credit swaps and any more than the US could stop Venezuela issuing dollar denominated bonds, or a London bank entering into a Euro swap with an American bank.

Precisely.

DaveLovesDee Apr 4th 2017 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12221730)
As it explained in the linked Reuters article; London's Euro derivative clearing business could be forcibly moved to the continent through EU legislation, and the ECB are fully behind it, as they were 2 years ago.

And THAT is called, #TakingBackControl

Dick Dasterdly Apr 4th 2017 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12221580)
She's throwing everybody out? I hadn't seen anything about that, but wouldn't that leave Germany as a "ghost town"?

Oh, I get it... She leaves a handful of select people there that will vote for her. That'll make it a "dicktatership", right?

Clever, dick, clever.

Err no, Read my post again.
I DID NOT SAY EVERYBODY.
Got it now.

There are well over half a million failed asylum seekers that Merkel is desperate to get rid of and she obviously doesn't care a damn where they end up as long as they're off German soil before election time.

On top of that, mainly as a result of ongoing "incidents" she has thousands more who were granted asylum that companies no longer wish to employ.

Possibly the dumbest of her many dumb ideas was to try and fast track some of them as qualified truck-drivers.

Maybe the least said about that the better. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Apr 4th 2017 10:26 pm

From the Times...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/me...kers-xtv7d6g3g

"Angela Merkel has been warned that public confidence is being “destroyed” by her government’s failure to deport more than half a million rejected asylum seekers.

A total of 556,499 migrants who lost claims to remain in Germany have stayed on, according to figures published yesterday by the Bundestag.

Four out of five have been in the country for more than six years, giving them extra rights, despite growing pressure for tougher expulsion policies after the influx of more than a million asylum seekers since January 2015."

Scamp Apr 5th 2017 5:14 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12221396)
The trade deals we negotiate will be better than the ones the EU negotiated for us.

La Mancha has me on ignore I think, so can someone else ask why they think this?

amideislas Apr 5th 2017 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12221948)
La Mancha has me on ignore I think, so can someone else ask why they think this?

"jingoism"?

amideislas Apr 5th 2017 5:40 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12221396)
The trade deals we negotiate will be better than the ones the EU negotiated for us.

What makes you so sure of that, manch?

amideislas Apr 5th 2017 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12221754)
Err no, Read my post again.
I DID NOT SAY EVERYBODY.
Got it now.

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12221554)
Yeah, but they're all foreigners. You really don't expect foreigners to become "exceptional" at anything, do you?

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12221572)
Is that why Merkels throwing so many back out of her country ?

:cool:

Since when are Germans not "foreigners", Dick? Surely you'd be opposed to letting them come to Britain to get away from the "disaster" of the EU? (the whole place is full of foreigners living on benefits because it's impoverished, which is one of the main reasons Britain voted to leave it)..

But then you go on to say...

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12221764)
From the Times...
"Angela Merkel has been warned that public confidence is being “destroyed” by her government’s failure to deport more than half a million rejected asylum seekers.

So, is she "throwing them out" or not?

Good job Britain is though (I reckon Merkel could take some tips from Britain and start "throwing them out");

German neuroscientist with right to live in UK told 'prepare to leave' after Brexit

Home Office criticised for 'outrageous' letter telling people with residency rights they need to get ready to leave

jetsam1 Apr 5th 2017 7:05 am

Well, Britain apparently shares values with Duterte. So there we go.

amideislas Apr 5th 2017 7:23 am

Dismay over Liam Fox's claim of 'shared values' with Duterte's brutal regime

Gotta make friends somewhere, I reckon.

EMR Apr 5th 2017 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12221764)
From the Times...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/me...kers-xtv7d6g3g

A total of 556,499 migrants who lost claims to remain in Germany have stayed on, according to figures published yesterday by the Bundestag.

Four out of five have been in the country for more than six years, giving them extra rights, despite growing pressure for tougher expulsion policies after the influx of more than a million asylum seekers since January 2015."

Dick obviously and not for the first time has not read the article.

Red Eric Apr 5th 2017 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12221754)
There are well over half a million failed asylum seekers that Merkel is desperate to get rid of and she obviously doesn't care a damn where they end up as long as they're off German soil before election time.

On top of that, mainly as a result of ongoing "incidents" she has thousands more who were granted asylum that companies no longer wish to employ.

Possibly the dumbest of her many dumb ideas was to try and fast track some of them as qualified truck-drivers.

Maybe the least said about that the better. :cool:

I honestly can't see what your problem is with any of this, unless you have completely misunderstood the whole situation from the outset.

On the one hand, you complain non-stop about bogus asylum seekers, on the other you complain about Germany turning down requests for asylum. You go on and on and on and on about it, alternating inconsistently between one and the other. I don't think you even know you're doing it - it's really quite puzzling.

They were only let in to present their case (asylum can't be granted from without). Each case has to be considered individually and either approved or rejected. If rejected, the applicant loses the right to continue residing in the country, unless they lodge an appeal. If the appeal is deemed to be on spurious grounds, it won't be heard at all and they will be asked to leave. If the appeal is on acceptable grounds but is lost, they are asked to leave. Either way, if they don't leave they can be deported.

It's all pretty straightforward. Which bit are you struggling to comprehend?

amideislas Apr 5th 2017 8:18 am

Good explanation Eric.

Unfortunately, it's about like teaching cats how to tie their shoes.