British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Aug 15th 2016 11:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12027340)
Again, Dick, you're not the only victim of tabloid scaremongering. Lots of people bought it, just like you.


Fortunately I've not been the victim of unfounded scaremongering propaganda, whether it came from the media, from your own posts or from Cameron and Osborne the chief instigators, who have now thankfully paid the price.

Nor it seems were more than 17 million others the victims, who were wise enough to see straight through the endless stream of lies and unsubstantiated BS.

The point I was making was that now the vast majority of their blatant lies have been debunked, the pro EU brigade are left without a leg to stand on and a rerun of the referendum would simply embarrass them even further, leaving them red in the face with egg yolk running down their chinny chin chins, all the way down their nice white shirts and dripping onto their teeny weeny booties

Meanwhile I suggest you save your crocodile tears and sympathy for those who really need it most, such as that bunch of devious overpaid clowns in Brussels whose chickens are now coming home to roost big time, as well as millions of their less fortunate poverty stricken victims throughout the EU. :cool:

amideislas Aug 16th 2016 5:19 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I've always said people have short memories

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/b7...501.png.cf.jpg

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/pix/...er-montage.jpg

Vexcore Aug 16th 2016 3:01 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
^-- you don't believe any of that then? you live in 'La La Land' where the roads are painted gold and the sky is made of cotton lol?

amideislas Aug 16th 2016 3:14 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Do You?

Vexcore Aug 17th 2016 2:00 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12027815)
Do You?

Not all of it, but you think all of that is fake?

C'mon you can't be that gullible and think these 'migrants' don't bleed the system.

TGA Aug 17th 2016 4:46 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12027524)

so what one/s are you disputing?

amideislas Aug 17th 2016 5:17 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12028296)
Not all of it, but you think all of that is fake?

C'mon you can't be that gullible and think these 'migrants' don't bleed the system.

Other than stuff published in the tabloids, there's never been much credible evidence to show that. In fact, virtually all credible studies show that the vast majority of those receiving benefits are born-and-raised white anglo saxon British citizens, and the vast majority of "migrants" (especially those from Europe) are the least likely to receive benefits, and consistently make net positive contributions to the UK economy.

And it's not exactly a secret the the sun, daily mail and daily express are notoriously sensationalist, and equally notorious for exaggerating or outright falsifying their facts. None of them are considered to be beacons of responsible or ethical journalism. Just money mills.

The troubling thing is not their made up hysteria. It's that a majority of British voters believe it.


But in favour of your argument, it is an interesting observation that since we've "left", the "migrants on benefits" scare seems to have mostly left the building. And that does suggest that leaving the EU "solved it". I haven't heard nary a peep about that since the end of June.

Vexcore Aug 17th 2016 6:18 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12028365)
Other than stuff published in the tabloids, there's never been much credible evidence to show that. In fact, virtually all credible studies show that the vast majority of those receiving benefits are born-and-raised white anglo saxon British citizens, and the vast majority of "migrants" (especially those from Europe) are the least likely to receive benefits, and consistently make net positive contributions to the UK economy.

And it's not exactly a secret the the sun, daily mail and daily express are notoriously sensationalist, and equally notorious for exaggerating or outright falsifying their facts. None of them are considered to be beacons of responsible or ethical journalism. Just money mills.

The troubling thing is not their made up hysteria. It's that a majority of British voters believe it.


But in favour of your argument, it is an interesting observation that since we've "left", the "migrants on benefits" scare seems to have mostly left the building. And that does suggest that leaving the EU "solved it". I haven't heard nary a peep about that since the end of June.

We haven't 'fully left' yet but we're on our way to that path.

Any illegals living in uk that 'claim asylum' is 90% BS reasons to make the actual claim.... why cant they do it in France then? Anyway they do get benefits regardless of the situation or what the media says, it's a fact.... and i am sick to death of seeing them claiming asylum telling lies through the claim itself and in the end our gullible government that is known as 'Soft Touch Britain' they get them in a house money coming in, and live a life... till in the end they get a British passport? (if that is the case..) (and if a application is rejected? they'll just apply again or call the racist card.

But OUR VERY OWN BRITISH BORN CITIZENS have to jump through many hoops to get there none eu/wife into the country ?

i just don't get why is it VERY DIFFICULT for our GOV to deport the scum? get them back on a boat get them the hell out boat plane even the train to France.... how hard can it be? if they don't comply? i'll use force
(gotta send a message somehow) - Enough is enough and we can't be 'soft anymore'

LEAVING THE EU, is one factor to control the EU nationals in the future.


Makes my blood boil.

jimenato Aug 17th 2016 6:49 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12028378)
We haven't 'fully left' yet but we're on our way to that path.

Any illegals living in uk that 'claim asylum' is 90% BS reasons to make the actual claim.... why cant they do it in France then? Anyway they do get benefits regardless of the situation or what the media says, it's a fact.... and i am sick to death of seeing them claiming asylum telling lies through the claim itself and in the end our gullible government that is known as 'Soft Touch Britain' they get them in a house money coming in, and live a life... till in the end they get a British passport? (if that is the case..) (and if a application is rejected? they'll just apply again or call the racist card.

But OUR VERY OWN BRITISH BORN CITIZENS have to jump through many hoops to get there none eu/wife into the country ?

i just don't get why is it VERY DIFFICULT for our GOV to deport the scum? get them back on a boat get them the hell out boat plane even the train to France.... how hard can it be? if they don't comply? i'll use force
(gotta send a message somehow) - Enough is enough and we can't be 'soft anymore'

LEAVING THE EU, is one factor to control the EU nationals in the future.


Makes my blood boil.

EU nationals or illegals or asylum seekers?

amideislas Aug 17th 2016 7:08 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I think you'll only find the answer to that question in pre-June 24 issues of the sun, daily mail and express, jimenato. There's little, if any credible or tangible evidence that would support any of vex's claims to be found in any respectable media.

It's also curious that despite the leave campaign having always framed the remain rhetoric as "fear mongering", it's quite ironic that leavers like vex exhibit such fear of what the leave camp led them to believe. The downside of course, is that voters were led to self inflicted injury by these false premises. The upside is that the basis for these fears don't actually exist.

Vexcore Aug 17th 2016 9:24 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12028394)
EU nationals or illegals or asylum seekers?


illegals and asylum seekers

How often is the asylum seeker legit? not often.... because if they was? they'll claim asylum in the first country they got to. (and the acceptance rate is high) and thats it... they are allowed to stay..... (while a british born citizen has to jump through hoops to get there loved ones/wife/husbands to stay and have income? (its in infuriating and insulting to the citizens)



Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12028400)
I think you'll only find the answer to that question in pre-June 24 issues of the sun, daily mail and express, jimenato. There's little, if any credible or tangible evidence that would support any of vex's claims to be found in any respectable media.

It's also curious that despite the leave campaign having always framed the remain rhetoric as "fear mongering", it's quite ironic that leavers like vex exhibit such fear of what the leave camp led them to believe. The downside of course, is that voters were led to self inflicted injury by these false premises. The upside is that the basis for these fears don't actually exist.



Hard to find it, but you really can'y believe the so called
asylum seekers don't get a single penny? of course they do, everyone here knows that, it's just common sense the government will help the BS asylum seekers.... (it's time to say no and tell them to GTFO or deport by force)

We all can be sympathetic... but push us to hard and take the piss, you'll be in for a shock.

The UK gov need to MAN up, and sort the mess out.

(but we have MAY AS PM... that is the problem her lies are already spouting lol)

Assanah Aug 17th 2016 9:38 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12028446)
illegals and asylum seekers

How often is the asylum seeker legit? not often.... because if they was? they'll claim asylum in the first country they got to. (and the acceptance rate is high) and thats it... they are allowed to stay..... (while a british born citizen has to jump through hoops to get there loved ones/wife/husbands to stay and have income? (its in infuriating and insulting to the citizens)






Hard to find it, but you really can'y believe the so called
asylum seekers don't get a single penny? of course they do, everyone here knows that, it's just common sense the government will help the BS asylum seekers.... (it's time to say no and tell them to GTFO or deport by force)

We all can be sympathetic... but push us to hard and take the piss, you'll be in for a shock.

The UK gov need to MAN up, and sort the mess out.

(but we have MAY AS PM... that is the problem her lies are already spouting lol)

But just to make it clear: Illegal immigration has nothing to do with the EU. According to EU law EU nationals are legally allowed to move to the UK and work there. Refugees have to apply in the country they arrive in (in theory at least).
Of course, now that the UK leaves the EU, the EU is legally not obligated to prevent any illegals to come over to the UK. So the Germans and the French can just allow these people to march through, buy some boats and paddle over to the UK. Problem solved for the EU.

Chiclanagir Aug 17th 2016 11:10 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12024817)
So where are all the doom and gloom remainiacs who forcast that London would lose its financial centre in the event of Brexit ?

Read today's news. Lloyds of London is now actively seeking to move. So many heads in the sand.

DaveLovesDee Aug 17th 2016 11:17 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir (Post 12028482)
Read today's news. Lloyds of London is now actively seeking to move. So many heads in the sand.

Don't confuse Dick with facts! :p

amideislas Aug 17th 2016 11:50 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir (Post 12028482)
Read today's news. Lloyds of London is now actively seeking to move. So many heads in the sand.

World’s biggest banks already plotting mass exodus from London after Brexit
Despite public messages of patience, banks are in a race to secure best European office space and accommodation for thousands of workers they plan to eventually move from the UK

Global Banks Aren’t Waiting Around to See What Brexit Deal the U.K. Can Get - Bloomberg
Big investment banks with their European headquarters in London will start the process of moving jobs from the U.K. within weeks of the government triggering Brexit, a faster timeline than their public messages of patience would imply, according to people briefed on the plans being drawn up by four of the biggest firms.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:05 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.