British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

iano Apr 1st 2017 11:18 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218859)
I bow to your experience of what you see in the massive malls in India

Despite having your own dedicated India/Eu ref thread a quick search reveals this is the 226th time you've mentioned 'India' on this one, quite astounding. :lol:

DaveLovesDee Apr 1st 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12218881)
Despite having your own dedicated India/Eu ref thread a quick search reveals this is the 226th time you've mentioned 'India' on this one, quite astounding. :lol:

To be fair to Bipat, some of them were in context, and in response to another post.

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 11:23 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218866)
Have a look at the labels,the country of manufacture as I did just a few days ago.
You may find made in India on the premium clothes sold under a UK brand or other well know European retailers.

Australian over stayers are probably white Anglo saxon of British descent ,not that I am suggesting our government would take this into account.

I do look at labels. I was asking you, as you have so much knowledge what you look at, in the malls etc.

(One point, the clothes they make for export are better quality than for home use, stitching, colour fast etc. Which is why locals like foreign made stuff --but you must have noticed that!)

I think it is you that has the prejudice EMR!

iano Apr 1st 2017 11:24 am

Interesting article. Another thing that puzzles me, the youth overwhelmingly voted to remain, why aren't they angry ?

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12218881)

You have been busy counting!
European countries, USA, Gibraltar, etc have you counted them?
It is an important Post Brexit trade partner which is why Mrs May went there first. What is your objection.

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 11:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12218874)
It's irrelevant which nationalities the most overstayers are.

Anyone who overstays their visa intentionally without trying to legalise their continue stay before the date they should have left, should be put on the first plane back to their home country.

It people like that who are part of the reason the Home Office makes it much harder for Brits to bring a non-EU spouse to the UK than it is for a non-EU to bring their spouse here.

A non-EU doesn't have to meet a minimum income requirement to bring their spouse here, do they?

It seems for your posts that Indians do no wrong, or you deflect from the Indians doing x because more of another nationality do the same.

Of course Indians do plenty of wrong and as there are a billion + of them they will do more wrong than most.
The problem with sending back is the lack of documents proving origin.

lutonlad Apr 1st 2017 11:39 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218847)
Thatcher had the Falklands ( an avoidable crisis ) with an election not too far away and May has Gib ( another avoidable crisis ).
Just coincidence ?.

I'm not aware that TM is trying to make an issue about Gib.
As for an 'avoidable crisis' and subsequent lack of planning - I'm sure Dave is sunning himself somewhere, worried sick about it.

amideislas Apr 1st 2017 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218864)
I was answering a post. No, it has nothing to do with present day Germany or Brexit, neither has the British Empire rule anything to do with modern politics, that was my point.

Thanks for clarifying.

Still, I think it can be argued that much of the arrogance exhibited by brexiteers (as a matter of public record) suspiciously reflects the "Empire" mindset, as if Britain is still somehow a powerful global "Empire" (or in the more ironic argument, the aspiration to "regain" a "lost empire").

Although to be fair, as long as Britain continues to be the globally-preferred front door to the world's largest economy (and one that's got a lot of room to grow), it could be argued that as a purely practical matter, Britain does indeed represent a formidable entity on the global stage.

Until, well...

EMR Apr 1st 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218885)
I do look at labels. I was asking you, as you have so much knowledge what you look at, in the malls etc.

(One point, the clothes they make for export are better quality than for home use, stitching, colour fast etc. Which is why locals like foreign made stuff --but you must have noticed that!)

I think it is you that has the prejudice EMR!

I think you are loosing it.
Made in England means just that.
Sold under an English company label but made in India,China,Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Thailand Sri Lanka is no different than we get in the UK.
Even the UK top designer names use cheap far eastern or eastern european manufacture.
If they were made in the UK few of us would be able to afford most of the clothes sold under UK brand names our high street.
Where do you think that the clothes promoted to the young on the heavily advertised Internet companies are made.?
This the huge trade the UK already has with countries outside of the EU.

iano Apr 1st 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218888)
You have been busy counting!
European countries, USA, Gibraltar, etc have you counted them?
It is an important Post Brexit trade partner which is why Mrs May went there first. What is your objection.

It only took 0.2 seconds !

No desire to.

Well, seeing as you've asked, I do find the repetition tedious, similar to Dick's constant 'Junkie/Merkel/EU' bashing, but would always defend your right to do so.

Repetition appears to be a theme with you Brexiters, 3 or 4 of you yesterday made a similar claim that some of us want the UK to fail !

EMR Apr 1st 2017 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12218894)
I'm not aware that TM is trying to make an issue about Gib.
As for an 'avoidable crisis' and subsequent lack of planning - I'm sure Dave is sunning himself somewhere, worried sick about it.

The referendum was on 24th June, it's now 1st April .
That's 9 months .
Maybe she is thinking that it's just a Spanish April fools or expecting it all along now gives her an excuse just to walk away with no deal and no meaningfull negotiations.
Remember politicians are devious baskets.

It's the best news the euro sceptic geriatric wing of the Tory party could have hoped for.

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218906)
I think you are loosing it.
Made in England means just that.
Sold under an English company label but made in India,China,Pakistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Thailand Sri Lanka is no different than we get in the UK.
Even the UK top designer names use cheap far eastern or eastern european manufacture.
If they were made in the UK few of us would be able to afford most of the clothes sold under UK brand names our high street.
Where do you think that the clothes promoted to the young on the heavily advertised Internet companies are made.?
This the huge trade the UK already has with countries outside of the EU.

As you will have seen in your trips around the Malls/supermarkets/shopping areas it is not just clothes!!
My main point is that this an increasing market and Post Brexit this is important.

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12218911)
It only took 0.2 seconds !

No desire to.

Well, seeing as you've asked, I do find the repetition tedious, similar to Dick's constant 'Junkie/Merkel/EU' bashing, but would always defend your right to do so.

Repetition appears to be a theme with you Brexiters, 3 or 4 of you yesterday made a similar claim that some of us want the UK to fail !

I find the repetition of 'Brexiters are---- 'unintelligent/xenophobic/dislike immigrants, only read tabloids/ admire Farage' etc. etc. tedious and actually insulting. There is far more of that on this thread.

lutonlad Apr 1st 2017 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218914)
The referendum was on 24th June, it's now 1st April .
That's 9 months .
Maybe she is thinking that it's just a Spanish April fools or expecting it all along now gives her an excuse just to walk away with no deal and no meaningfull negotiations.
Remember politicians are devious baskets.

It's the best news the euro sceptic geriatric wing of the Tory party could have hoped for.

Thanks for your valuable insight. Your inside knowledge is without parallel.

Just a point. Do you think it's possible that some Remainers actually went to vote on the wrong day - Hence the result :confused:

Jerseygirl Apr 1st 2017 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12218616)
Seems freedom of speech has been taken away ohh dear...

Nice one Jersey.

You could of at least edited the post then if you didn't like it.

You little dictator (good job)

Your foul mouth tirade didn't add anything to this thread. In fact very little of what you post adds anything to any thread.

You've been banned once...or is it more than once? Top tip: it's a good job I'm in a good mood today but don't push your luck. :D