British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Apr 1st 2017 10:21 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218796)
If you had put a joke post like this about Germany there would have been an outcry on this thread!

You have posted numerous times about the UK ,plundering and exploiting India.
So why so idignant.

EMR Apr 1st 2017 10:25 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218792)
As you know the EU want a free trade deal with India, recently tried to resurrect failed negotiations.

I know what I read and see. British products --retail, clothing, educational, creative, eg. 1000 new Holland & Barrett etc are popular.
They have had close association with UK for more than a century--they know all about the UK! There is great increase in tourist travel to UK.

(I hate to say it, as I disaprove, there is an expected increase in arms sale by UK to India, post Brexit).

Few British clothes are made in the UK, Holland and Barrett is again mainly imported products.
A brand name does not necessarily made in England.
At least our arms probably are.
30,000 illegal Indian over stayers in the UK, that did not go down well with the Indian government when May bought it up.
How many of those were on tourist visas.

amideislas Apr 1st 2017 10:35 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12218810)
You don't win arguments by suggesting that the people who disagree with you are sub-intelligent nor by posting links to editorial which simply reflects your own opinions. Try posting your reasoning and not just your prejudice. And PLEASE don't say you have already done that cos I ain't seen it :sneaky:

I offer reasonable, rational, and perfectly plausible arguments all the time, and even as you demonstrate, you (and others) patently dismiss or otherwise ignore them. But you sure seem to listen to my "opinions", especially when not employing seemingly "intellectual" phrasing or words, or anything rational or evidentially contradicting of what you want to believe.

Hence, the post you seem to find so objectionable. Yet, considering your demonstrable behaviour, I don't believe it's a stretch for me to come to that conclusion.

iano Apr 1st 2017 10:47 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12218500)
I still think the whole thing feels kind of rushed into, to be honest.

Understatement of the year !

With Crazy May and Delusional Davis in the cockpit, we've taken off without filing a flight plan; bit of turbulence around Scotland and Norn Ireland, nearly stalled when we hit the Withdrawal Bill and now ye gods, Gib is looming into view and we're pulling back hard on the joystick. Oh, what fun.

While it lasts.

EMR Apr 1st 2017 10:51 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Thatcher had the Falklands ( an avoidable crisis ) with an election not too far away and May has Gib ( another avoidable crisis ).
Just coincidence ?.

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 10:53 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218832)
You have posted numerous times about the UK ,plundering and exploiting India.
So why so idignant.

I am not indignant--I was pointing out that any post critical of Germany's past gets an outcry from the people who voted Remain!
It was a lighthearted reply EMR!

Red Eric Apr 1st 2017 10:56 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218847)
Thatcher had the Falklands ( an avoidable crisis ) with an election not too far away and May has Gib ( another avoidable crisis ).
Just coincidence ?.

It'll certainly be a very welcome diversion if it can be ramped up a bit at the right times, won't it? I expect some of the politicians and certain newspapers could even make it look as though the general population of the UK actually cares.

iano Apr 1st 2017 10:57 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218847)
Thatcher had the Falklands ( an avoidable crisis ) with an election not too far away and May has Gib ( another avoidable crisis ).
Just coincidence ?.

Bloody Brexit was an avoidable crisis, let alone Gib !

DaveLovesDee Apr 1st 2017 10:59 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218848)
I am not indignant--I was pointing out that any post critical of Germany's past gets an outcry from the people who voted Remain!
It was a lighthearted reply EMR!

It depends on the context Germany's history is brought up.

Often, it's compared to the EU being a dictatorship, yet Hitler was elected, and so were the national leader of each EU member state under their country's election rules (in a loose sense). Other than May, who became leader of her party (and therefore PM) because all the other candidates withdrew.

amideislas Apr 1st 2017 11:01 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218848)
I am not indignant--I was pointing out that any post critical of Germany's past gets an outcry from the people who voted Remain!
It was a lighthearted reply EMR!

First, when did anyone post about Germany's past in this context (I presume you're referring to the Nazis)? Second, when did anyone defend it?, and third, what does that have to do with Brexit? (Other than the occasional misguided comparison to the EU).

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 11:04 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12218833)
Few British clothes are made in the UK, Holland and Barrett is again mainly imported products.
A brand name does not necessarily made in England.
At least our arms probably are.
30,000 illegal Indian over stayers in the UK, that did not go down well with the Indian government when May bought it up.
How many of those were on tourist visas.

There are more over-stayers from Australia in the UK. (Thanks to D/Ds info.)
Mrs May hasn't been to Australia yet, just the important one first!

(No, I agree that was not the time for Mrs May to raise the subject, it could have come later).

I bow to your experience of what you see in the massive malls in India and local supermarkets you obviously know more.
(Makes your continued prejudice surprising though!)

DaveLovesDee Apr 1st 2017 11:06 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Despite its Brexit victory, the hate-addicted right rages on – but the left is silent


The Brexit victors aren’t addicted to independence. They’re addicted to hatred.

Bipat Apr 1st 2017 11:07 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12218856)
First, when did anyone post about Germany's past in this context (I presume you're referring to the Nazis)? Second, when did anyone defend it?, and third, what does that have to do with Brexit?

I was answering a post. No, it has nothing to do with present day Germany or Brexit, neither has the British Empire rule anything to do with modern politics, that was my point.

EMR Apr 1st 2017 11:08 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218859)
There are more over-stayers from Australia in the UK. (Thanks to D/Ds info.)
Mrs May hasn't been to Australia yet, just the important one first!

(No, I agree that was not the time for Mrs May to raise the subject, it could have come later).

I bow to your experience of what you see in the massive malls in India and local supermarkets you obviously know more.
(Makes your continued prejudice surprising though!)

Have a look at the labels,the country of manufacture as I did just a few days ago.
You may find made in India on the premium clothes sold under a UK brand or other well know European retailers.

Australian over stayers are probably white Anglo saxon of British descent ,not that I am suggesting our government would take this into account.

DaveLovesDee Apr 1st 2017 11:14 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12218859)
There are more over-stayers from Australia in the UK. (Thanks to D/Ds info.)

It's irrelevant which nationalities the most overstayers are.

Anyone who overstays their visa intentionally without trying to legalise their continue stay before the date they should have left, should be put on the first plane back to their home country.

It people like that who are part of the reason the Home Office makes it much harder for Brits to bring a non-EU spouse to the UK than it is for a non-EU to bring their spouse here.

A non-EU doesn't have to meet a minimum income requirement to bring their spouse here, do they?

It seems for your posts that Indians do no wrong, or you deflect from the Indians doing x because more of another nationality do the same.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:36 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.