British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Mar 29th 2017 6:47 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12216528)
I am concerned with the UK that is why I voted for Brexit. India does want a free trade deal with the UK! How many links have I put on!! Talks have beeen going on since the result of the referendum.
Anyway it is very late, so goodnight. I am supposed to be packing! Soon to be in the UK where I suppose OH will be grabbed and at the airport by xenophobic brexiters!:lol:::lol:

So do lots of others (want a "trade deal" with the UK). Easy pickins'. The UK thinks they'll pull it all together in a few years, with few resources or leverage. Because, well, you know, England is "unstoppable". As Mr. Davis says, they'll negotiate a free trade deal that gives the UK everything it has and more. Wouldn't it be great if the "rest of the world" didn't actually see you coming?

EMR Mar 29th 2017 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12216528)
I am concerned with the UK that is why I voted for Brexit. India does want a free trade deal with the UK! How many links have I put on!! Talks have beeen going on since the result of the referendum.
Anyway it is very late, so goodnight. I am supposed to be packing! Soon to be in the UK where I suppose OH will be grabbed and at the airport by xenophobic brexiters!:lol:::lol:

I look forward to hearing that India cancels all tarriffs on UK exports.
That is free trade.

Lion in Winter Mar 29th 2017 8:25 pm

Lloyds of.....Brussels

Insurer Lloyd's of London 'to open Brussels office', say reports - BBC News

DaveLovesDee Mar 29th 2017 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12216487)
They were trying for a free trade deal for nine years!!!

The UK was just one of 28 members.
Yes the future is uncertain but at this stage at least be optimistic, we are leaving.

Until the EU and India come to some agreement resolving the issues still keeping them from a free trade deal, nothing is going to change. And whatever the sticking point(s) is/are, the EU is less likely to budge. It doesn't need a deal as much as India does.

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12216494)
True there were problems on both sides which is why a deal with the UK will possibly be more successful.

Because the UK will be more eager to complete as many deals as possible in the 10 months before campaign really starts for the next UK General Election in May 2020. And the media's spin on these will shape the public's voting.

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12216497)
Ya think?

Yeah, whatever you want... We need something or else we'll get flat-out destroyed in 2020 elections. Please? pretty please? Anything! Really. We're yours!

The Tory/Brexit media will blame any failure on the EU not giving the UK everything it wants, aka punishing the UK. And Corbyn (if he's managed to survive the numerous character assassination attempts by that same media) will have to remind voters that it was the Tories who caused this. UKIP should be a dead horse by then, too.

SultanOfSwing Mar 29th 2017 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12216639)
UKIP should be a dead horse by then, too.

They've pretty much served their purpose now, right? I'd expect them all to piss off back to the Tory back benches again now they've managed to get rid of the sole cause of every single problem the UK has ever, or ever will have in all the entire history of ever.

la mancha Mar 29th 2017 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12216426)
There should be a new soap on British TV

The whinging remoaners :rofl:

What an excellent day it is :thumbsup:

Today has been a real classic on here!

The carping has been absolutely hilarious!

SultanOfSwing Mar 29th 2017 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12216668)
Today has been a real classic on here!

The carping has been absolutely hilarious!

Passive-aggression and a little bit of thought policing. Is facebook leaking again?

You appear to be carrying a great mental burden today, want to talk about it? Need a hug?

la mancha Mar 29th 2017 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12216669)
Passive-aggression and a little bit of thought policing. Is facebook leaking again?

You appear to be carrying a great mental burden today, want to talk about it? Need a hug?

You have been posting shite for hours now. The last one was a real beaut. You expect UKIP can now go back to the Tory back benches again???

Hilarious!

I think you need more than a hug.

Let’s put out the lights and go to bed.

amideislas Mar 29th 2017 9:43 pm

Huh? WTF?

Dick Dasterdly Mar 29th 2017 10:02 pm

I see Merkel and co are refusing to talk business until their ransom/blackmail demands have been met.

Best if we just pull the plug, cut off their last lifeline and put them out of their misery quick.

On certain occasions you have to be cruel to be kind.

:cool:

Vexcore Mar 29th 2017 10:11 pm

I heard a pro-EU politician saying today that "there was no
possible benefit for Britain in leaving the EU"....what about the UK
being able to make tax and employment laws again without having to ask
27 other countries first?

0_o

mrken30 Mar 29th 2017 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12216700)

0_o

Scrap minimum wage for starters and allow 5 year old kids to work again like the did before joining the EU.

Lion in Winter Mar 29th 2017 10:25 pm

0_o

And so we come full circle.

Stop trying to justify the situation. It's done, get on with changing your passport colour or whatever it was you wanted.

I will be waiting for the new age of prosperity for those on the losing end of our society. I've brought sandwiches.

DaveLovesDee Mar 29th 2017 10:28 pm

0_o

Welcome back. You weren't missed.

Most of the UK's tax and employment laws have nothing to do with the EU. At all.

The only ones that do have things to do with EU law are those that equalise the rules across each EU member state. And those rules were agreed by a majority of the leaders of those member states, and passed by the EU Parliament.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12216692)
I see Merkel and co are refusing to talk business until their ransom/blackmail demands have been met.

Best if we just pull the plug, cut off their last lifeline and put them out of their misery quick.

On certain occasions you have to be cruel to be kind.

:cool:

Fair enough. Tell Verhofstadt that we aren't going to negotiate, and that we're leaving at 00:00hrs on the 29th March 2019.

We're allowed to do that. But the current rules won't change until that point, then everything changes.

Vexcore Mar 29th 2017 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12216702)
Scrap minimum wage for starters and allow 5 year old kids to work again like the did before joining the EU.

This isn't *india'

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12216709)
And so we come full circle.

Stop trying to justify the situation. It's done, get on with changing your passport colour or whatever it was you wanted.

I will be waiting for the new age of prosperity for those on the losing end of our society. I've brought sandwiches.

Give or take 10 years... then we'll see who's right n who's wrong.

Yea looking forward when we get DARK BLUE PASSPORTS OMG SOOO EXCITED!!!!! :sarcasm:

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12216711)
Welcome back. You weren't missed.

A pig just flew by