Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Old Sep 30th 2018, 10:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
My Mrs. has just taken it up - has just joined Long Ashton.

​​​​​​​Boring as buggery I reckon.
Where's your imagination? You have to line up your putt and say something like "jimenato...this putt for the championship...the crowd takes on an expectant hush..."
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:04 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
...the crowd takes on an expectant hush..."
What's up with you, are you trying to bring this back on topic?

If so, then expectant hush my arse, more like frantic teeth gnashing and hysterical wailing.

Which ain't that easy at the same time.

Dear Ms Bot, I have a question..

Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:06 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Where's your imagination? You have to line up your putt and say something like "jimenato...this putt for the championship...the crowd takes on an expectant hush..."
I just love the game and spent the last 3 days in front of the tele
The passion of the Ryder Cup is just the best, second to none.
Did you see the crowds !

Have to wait 2 years now

Allez allez allez allez yes yes yes

Btw on my course it is a challenge ... 7,5 km up and down the slopes ... with a dog attached to the trolley.

Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
I take it you have never walked around a golf course carrying a full golf bag, even pushing a trolley, up and down steep slopes covering 4-5 miles at a time,.
Yes, pushing those trolleys is quite a challenge. Followed by hours on the putting green.

Sorry, it’s my fault for continung the subject. Totally off topic, now back to Chequers.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:14 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Did you see the crowds !

Have to wait 2 years now

Allez allez allez allez yes yes yes

Btw on my course it is a challenge ... 7,5 km up and down the slopes ... with a dog attached to the trolley.

I only watched highlights of highlights, spent most of yesterday.. no I'll put that in the French forum or the Belgian thread.

Does the dog have a handicap, apart from being attached to a trolley?

Could it lead a UK political party?

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Sep 30th 2018 at 11:15 pm. Reason: Late thought---
Old Oct 1st 2018, 2:42 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Did you see the crowds !

Have to wait 2 years now

I think the wait is a big part of what makes it so special. Those guys in yellow and blue ...

Tiger Woods has never had a good Ryder record, even when he was on top of his game. He just won a title as if "he's back" and he promptly lost all four of his matches. That, together with the world's current number one, winning only once and losing four, really shows the Ryder Cup to be something special.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 7:58 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
No worries. Leaving the EU will stop all that. Well, minimise the attraction anyway.
You state 5% when the reality is 14% - the usual emainiac attitude to facts - was this another of your matter of public records?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:00 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Long Ashton, you must be posh😀😀
She has ideas above her station. She's from Pill.

​​​​​​​
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:25 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
It is what is thought to be best for the country not a personal issue. It was a referendum, we all had the right to vote as we thought best, just because you disagree with the result doesn't mean that those who voted leave should be targets for verbal abuse from Remainers such as yourself.
I don't think you can be verbally abused on an internet forum can you?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:29 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

It is what is thought to be best for the country not a personal issue. It was a referendum, we all had the right to vote as we thought best, just because you disagree with the result doesn't mean that those who voted leave should be targets for verbal abuse from Remainers such as yourself.
I have no issue with remainers who can support their argument with verifiable facts , but nonsense such as losing our independence etc only deserves ridicule..
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:32 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

It's what children do when they don't get their own way.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I have no issue with remainers who can support their argument with verifiable facts , but nonsense such as losing our independence etc only deserves ridicule..
I thought you were a remainer? Why would you ask for verifiable facts?

(In your previous post you asked a question regarding my OH, it was not a argument.)
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:57 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were a remainer? Why would you ask for verifiable facts?

(In your previous post you asked a question regarding my OH, it was not a argument.)
The status quo is a verifiable fact, where as your brexit fantasies are far from them..
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:43 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

The status quo is a verifiable fact, where as your brexit fantasies are far from them..
Being part of the British empire was once the status quo for the now United States. Do you think them delcaring independence was a bad idea?
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:47 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
You state 5% when the reality is 14% - the usual emainiac attitude to facts - was this another of your matter of public records?
Well, look at it this way. A little over half of those aren't from the EU. So, with with respect to Brexit, how will it have any impact on the other 8% or so? And what would happen if the UK actually started using the tools at its disposal, like all other EU member States do? Might that have an impact on the 6% or so of EU immigrants?

Still, these aren't big numbers, so while I can appreciate that you might not like 1 in 9 people on the street being foreigners, the question is, is the unlikely chance of reducing it worth the consequences? Especially considering that the UK hasn't even used the tools it has at its disposal?

Still, as post-brexit UK becomes a less and less desirable place to live, the "problem" may well take care of itself.

Last edited by amideislas; Oct 1st 2018 at 9:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.