Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Old Sep 30th 2018, 4:15 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

One of the world's icons of xenophobia is married to a foreigner. His wife before that, too. And before that...

But then, apparently "grabbing pussy" seems to be a hobby, too. I reckon if it's a sex object, it doesn't matter where it comes from. And as we all know, those foreign women understand their place.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 4:43 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
So Remainers are not insistent on the FOM necessary for EU membership? Meaning less from countries that also have a relationship with the UK.

(A different sort of the "foreigners" that Ami goes on about and on and on and on, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of this view).

Where is EMR?----we will soon get the Pavel better than Patel argument!!!
You've started this discussion sooooooo often, you even know what's coming next !

Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Stillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond reputeStillgame has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Oh, Christ! Now you're back to the streets of gold. As if the UK is the ultimate brass ring that everybody wants. And you're back to using syrawman arguments too.

I don't care if the UK ends it's lesser implementation of "FOM". I do feel that Brexit is political act of self-harm, has only downside for everyone, especially the UK, and was sold to the public on false premises. And what's happened since the referendum is dogmatic, yet was predicted by many, but wholly ignored.

But that's the irony. And irony is one of my favourite literary story lines. And this one's a biggie.

Anyway, I'm done with this debate. Circles.
​​​​
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
You've started this discussion sooooooo often, you even know what's coming next !

See post 702----I rarely start any discussion on this thread----I was replying to the hypocrisy of Remainers who continually refer to all Leavers as being xenophobic when in fact they are often exhibiting just that themselves. Their 'world' is very small!
Also replying to the negativity about the proposed 'festival'; about which I said that now was the wrong time to announce it.

Are you saying this thread is only for Remainers to post?
So yes, I knew what is coming next---more of the same.

Still a useful, interesting break from the Ryder Cup-----did you watch that?
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:44 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

See post 702----I rarely start any discussion on this thread----I was replying to the hypocrisy of Remainers who continually refer to all Leavers as being xenophobic when in fact they are often exhibiting just that themselves. Their 'world' is very small!
Also replying to the negativity about the proposed 'festival'; about which I said that now was the wrong time to announce it.

Are you saying this thread is only for Remainers to post?
So yes, I knew what is coming next---more of the same.

Still a useful, interesting break from the Ryder Cup-----did you watch that?
Where did I say that ? I would like an answer to this !

The ''Festival proposal'' just shows that May has lost it completely.

Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:46 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
If the UK wants that, then why not? But they are "foreigners", so I'm not convinced that's what the UK wants. They could, after all, take all jobs and live off benefits, raise the cost of living, yada yada... like other foreigners do (not).

The other thing that's misguided is the belief that somehow the UK is paved with gold, and "everybody" wants to live there. But if that were remotely true, a hell of lot more than 5% of the population would be foreign-born. Especially considering the UK's rather liberal immigration policies.
As the foreign-born population of the UK is a hell of a lot more than 5% - in fact just under three times that, then you will be stating that the belief is not misguided.
The Office for National Statistics produces annual estimates of the size of the UK population by country of birth, based on the Annual Population Survey. The estimates for 2017 show that 9.382 million people (14 percent of the usual resident population) were born abroad.[12]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...United_Kingdom
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Where did I say that ? I would like an answer to this !

The ''Festival proposal'' just shows that May has lost it completely.

I didn't say you did! I said "are you saying that"? it was a question.

Why do you disagree with the festival idea?
I do think now is the wrong time to suggest it, but a good idea for later.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:50 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

So Remainers are not insistent on the FOM necessary for EU membership? Meaning less from countries that also have a relationship with the UK.

(A different sort of the "foreigners" that Ami goes on about and on and on and on, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of this view).

Where is EMR?----we will soon get the Pavel better than Patel argument!!!
To busy watching the victorious EUROPEAN Ryder cup side whose banner is the EU flag.
A side firmed when it was obvious the old GB& I side was so lacking in talent and resources that it could never stand up to the US.
A metaphor for Brexit .
Too busy to bother with your rambling and distortion of facts and reality..
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:51 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Such a nonsensical idea. Is this the 1950s? Maybe Moggs came up with it.
In his world Shard it's the 1930's; Britain has it's Empire; the toiling masses doff their caps; the airship is the future, and that new, rather decent chappie, Hitler is 'taking back cotrol' of his country....
To me, this idea throws a fascinating light on the fossilised mindset of the British Establishment and particulary its English Elite. They actually do believe that holding a glorified national street-party over some months will placate and reunify the failed state they've so busily been creating.
Wooden perception, remote & out of touch, but mostly with a conceited juvenile arrogance they deem their beliefs to be that of the average person.
nauseating ....
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:52 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
As the foreign-born population of the UK is a hell of a lot more than 5% - in fact just under three times that, then you will be stating that the belief is not misguided.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...United_Kingdom
I am surprised that you can sleep at night with ,all those foreigners in the UK.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:54 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
To busy watching the victorious EUROPEAN Ryder cup side whose banner is the EU flag.
A side firmed when it was obvious the old GB& I side was so lacking in talent and resources that it could never stand up to the US.
A metaphor for Brexit .
Too busy to bother with your rambling and distortion of facts and reality..
It was a delight to watch our Blue & Gold flying like that !!!
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:54 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

It is fairly obvious that FOM from EU countries means that in order to keep numbers at a manageable level, more severe restrictions need to be put in place by the UK for others.

The "restriction thing" are called 'visas', and there is a limitation on the numbers issued per month! There is also a salary requirement.
Considering that there are 168 non-EU countries and millions more population, it would be expected that the difference would be more, wouldn't it?
Those visa numbers could be increased or decreased anytime the UK government chooses to, but they choose not to do so unless there's a big media outcry such as doctors to be employed by the NHS being refused visas. No worries, the number of visa schemes will likely increase to cover those EU nationals who have never needed one before.

So Ami--- in view of your post---- why do you think the end of FOM when the UK leaves the EU be a problem for would be EU migrants?? As all Leavers keep telling you they will still come.
The end of FoM for EU nationals isn't likely to be a problem for those EU nationals who intend to use it in the future. They'll still have other EU countries in which to live and work.

Immigration is obviously an issue for Remainers. FOM is one of the four freedoms necessary for membership of the EU and all the fuss on this forum about the difficulty of the enormous task of filling in a visa form!: lol:
You're misrepresenting what was said (again)! It wasn't a 'fuss', nor was is it about how 'difficult' it would be to fill in a form. The point was asking why EU nationals would want to fill in a form and pay whatever fee the UK government sets (with no guarantee of a visa) when they could continue FM with the remaining EU countries with no additional paperwork or payment.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 5:59 pm
Preparing to move again

I didn't say you did! I said "are you saying that"? it was a question.

Rather a very very stupid question then which I will not answer

Why do you think I like that sort of insuniations ?

Why do you disagree with the festival idea?

Let's call it ''Independence day''

Again

I do think now is the wrong time to suggest it, but a good idea for later.

Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:00 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
I am surprised that you can sleep at night with ,all those foreigners in the UK.
The increased rents and cheaper tradespeople helps.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 6:16 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
It was a delight to watch our Blue & Gold flying like that !!!
Plus all those Brits in their thousands singing " Europe Europe ".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.