Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Old Oct 18th 2018, 1:41 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Collateral damage. In order to tar someone he dislikes with the foreigner-brush (an odious thing in itself) he has to invoke the USA presidential exception for natural born citizens, and claim that he is as against Boris taking high office as Miller campaigning for legislative authority. It's not easy denying ones true nature, I guess. As the natural born president of the USA would tweet, Sad!
It's an odd view isn't it?

But then he is a Brexiteer...
Old Oct 18th 2018, 1:46 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
It's an odd view isn't it?

But then he is a Brexiteer...
Yes. What's your point?
Old Oct 18th 2018, 1:47 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

What view have I expressed that makes you think I'm not a Thatcherite Conservative?
Yet to get an answer on that one so I'll have a guess and that is that DG thinks that MT was anti-Europe so I should be - it's all I can think of.

He was very young back then so I suppose it's understandable.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 1:48 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
Yes. What's your point?
That lots of Brexiteers have odd views.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 1:50 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Yet to get an answer on that one so I'll have a guess and that is that DG thinks that MT was anti-Europe so I should be - it's all I can think of.

He was very young back then so I suppose it's understandable.
I don't think he was even born back then.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 1:57 pm
FreeThinker

That lots of Brexiteers have odd views.
Doctors to ask patients if they’re Brexiters or normal people...

“Well, we can tell a lot from that one question,” said GP Simon Williams.

“For example, if the patient remains optimistic about what Britain will be like after Brexit, then we can conclude that he’s very, very stupid.

“Whereas, if they think that Brexit is currently going quite well, we can immediately assume that they’re utterly delusional and treat anything else they say as complete fantasy.

“If they’re the sort of Brexiter who thinks that we should just be telling the EU to sod off and cutting all ties with them immediately, then we assume they’re dangerous to themselves and others and take appropriate precautions.”
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:00 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

POLITICS.

Anyone want to hazard a guess where we are in the process. Seems like on one hand discussions in Brussels are progressing, but whatever backstop (NI or UK remaining in the CU) is agreed, it will not pass through parliament. Extending transition period seems a red herring. So I'm guessing snap GE on the cards, and then something of a re-set. Either a full hard Brexit (courtesy of the BJ lads, Boris and Jacob) or a Remain fudge (courtesy of the Red Devil).
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:11 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Shame.

And I don't call interfering with our democratic process doing something good for the country. I'd consider it to be the opposite of that in fact.
Actually, she fought and won the right Parliament was supposed to have anyway (but May was trying to bypass) to debate the referendum result. It was Miller who was ensuring democracy had it's say despite a government trying to prevent it.

Maybe your interpretation of democracy involves bypassing elected MPs, but mine involves them.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:11 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
The hole you digging for yourself is getting so deep that you could come up in Aus where you will probably be deported as an unwelcome foreigner..
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
POLITICS.

Anyone want to hazard a guess where we are in the process. .
Depends where you look. Yesterday, the Express had a screaming headline of "BETRAYED" while the BBC's was something along the lines of "Extra time for transition possible".

Some reports are suggesting that the EU is fed up and will focus on creating its own plan for the "no deal" scenario, to be used until the UK can get its act together.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:21 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Depends where you look. Yesterday, the Express had a screaming headline of "BETRAYED" while the BBC's was something along the lines of "Extra time for transition possible".

Some reports are suggesting that the EU is fed up and will focus on creating its own plan for the "no deal" scenario, to be used until the UK can get its act together.
Yes, I agree it totally depends where you look. I'm in a bit of a Remain bubble (Guardian, C4, BBC) so was curious as to other people's take on where we are.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:22 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​
**** off.
I hate it when I'm right
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:22 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

By far her biggest achievement though is convincing all of these far leftists and liberal morons that she is some sort of working class hero and libertarian. And as usual they lapped it up with a spoon because she was saying what they wanted to hear.
I don't know where you got any of that from and most of the people on here who've made any comment at all on her are anything but "far leftist".

I've certainly never said a single thing about her being working class or a hero of the working classes. Just someone who was well organised and performed a rather necessary duty at the time it needed performing. If it hadn't been her, somebody else would have done it.

It's your guys who keep virtue signalling about your apparent concerns for the working classes and touting Brexit as their saviour. It's all bollocks of course - the contempt of the leading Brexiteers for the working classes is palpable.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I don't know where you got any of that from and most of the people on here who've made any comment at all on her are anything but "far leftist".

I've certainly never said a single thing about her being working class or a hero of the working classes. Just someone who was well organised and performed a rather necessary duty at the time it needed performing. If it hadn't been her, somebody else would have done it.

It's your guys who keep virtue signalling about your apparent concerns for the working classes and touting Brexit as their saviour. It's all bollocks of course - the contempt of the leading Brexiteers for the working classes is palpable.
I will NOT be palpating any bollocks

The whole undignified and entirely unnecessary mess of this self-inflicted wound is frankly embarrassing.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:28 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

What view have I expressed that makes you think I'm not a Thatcherite Conservative?
He's lagging behind the rest of the remedial class, who were long ago schooled on the matter of Leave / Remain not being a right / left thing and managed to actually absorb it.

DG still lapses into calling all remainers leftists. And commies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.