Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Planet of the humans

Planet of the humans

Old May 2nd 2020, 9:34 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planet of the humans

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Why not watch it for an hour and forty? Presumably you are quite happy to watch some of the shit that's on Netflix - and you come out the other side of those none the wiser!

My take on it is it was depressing to watch, but none of its content is obviously false and I am yet to see any article that lays bare alleged falsehoods. In fact I would be delighted if I could confirm that the film is full of falsehoods, because without it being comprehensively debunked, the film confirms what many of us have known for a long time - that humanity has a bloody grim future and the current trajectory we are on to addressing it is pure folly. I would be happy to read or view any counter-narrative even if I presumed it to propaganda because not all propaganda is false - exaggerated perhaps, but not necessarily false. And besides, generally screams of "propaganda" come from those who have sets of propaganda of their own to peddle. But whatever, it is up to us to analyse, cross reference and separate truth from fiction - and I didn't see much fiction in it. Missing details perhaps. For example, what was noticeably missing from the film was nuclear energy. Of course one should be able to expect the Green Left to applaud nuclear not featuring in the energy equation. But apparently not so this time around - probably because without nuclear energy our planet is dead certain on a path to becoming a utterly desolate wasteland - which is going to happen anyway because our current global population needs half a dozen or more earth equivalent planets in order to sustain it. And as for that elephant in the room, every time anyone mentions that, some twat pops their head up and screams foul with "chilling" accusations, or worse: twat of twat remarks about racial selection - both reactions clearly aimed at silencing anyone from rationally discussing our currently bonkers global population size.
I watch loads of shit on Netflix but it's generally to entertain.

I think the population growth is a huge concern. I've not really stopped and thought about it before other than accepting it's an issue.

Reading shall commence soon and I'll find out a bit more.
Old May 2nd 2020, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I watch loads of shit on Netflix but it's generally to entertain.

I think the population growth is a huge concern. I've not really stopped and thought about it before other than accepting it's an issue.

Reading shall commence soon and I'll find out a bit more.
Good onya, mate.

It's one of the toughest questions ever to face humanity. But only now people are beginning to accept that it is indeed the elephant in the room. But that's the easy part. The really hard part is working out what to do about it. One thing for sure is we don't want to deal with it in any way that resembles the way that the Chinese Communist Party dealt with it. Watch "One Child Nation" - it's apalling what they did.

Old May 2nd 2020, 11:44 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, well, well. Finally someone from the left coming out and telling everyone what most of us on the right already knew. And surprise, surprise, finally acknowledgement that the elephant in the room is runaway population growth over the last century or so.
I’ve followed this thread with interest, and just reread the original post. I think it’s problematic that you chose to frame the issue in a partisan way, right vs. left ... but, since you did, my memory of the issue, going back many decades, is that it was a progressive or left-wing issue, back in the day. Left-wingers were concerned about “runaway population growth” because it threatened the progress that was being made to raise standards of living and health outcomes in developing countries, and also it threatened to cause environmental catastrophe & extinctions etc. I don’t remember the right-wingers bothering much about these type of issues, back in the 60s or 70s. They were too busy singing the Horst Wessel song or going fox hunting or whatever.
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I’ve followed this thread with interest, and just reread the original post. I think it’s problematic that you chose to frame the issue in a partisan way, right vs. left ... but, since you did, my memory of the issue, going back many decades, is that it was a progressive or left-wing issue, back in the day. Left-wingers were concerned about “runaway population growth” because it threatened the progress that was being made to raise standards of living and health outcomes in developing countries, and also it threatened to cause environmental catastrophe & extinctions etc. I don’t remember the right-wingers bothering much about these type of issues, back in the 60s or 70s. They were too busy singing the Horst Wessel song or going fox hunting or whatever.

It's also more than a little problematic when the issue is framed up as "too many people" while attempting to rubbish all the work to change how these people consume the planet, claiming that how we use the planet is not the problem. And hot on the heels of that we tend to discover that "too many people" means too many people of the wrong sort, ie those from "developing nations". If only their reproduction were controlled, allowing to rest of us to carry on as before........ If the OP were not a proponent of "replacement theory" I might be inclined to take his views more seriously. But he is, and I'm not.
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

My take on it is it was depressing to watch, but none of its content is obviously false and I am yet to see any article that lays bare alleged falsehoods.
I already offered you some articles explaining the falsehoods. If you don't want to read those here are a couple more.

https://www.thenation.com/article/en...ns-film-moore/

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-moore-993073/
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:49 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I agree, previously the right was all about personal freedom (to have as many kids as you want - see Rees Mogg or Bojo) and the left were more concerned about population and its impact on the developing world and on women.

Unfortunately the left have traveled down a virtue-signalling victim-culture dead-end where, as you can see from LiW's post, any discussion about reducing population is now an attack on the poor/non-white and instead we should allow for more billions but who are all equally poor and denuded in their lifestyles and comfort.
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the pro-choice thread?
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Is this the pro-choice thread?
I think it's the pro-marriage-equality thread. Cos you know, gay couples don't reproduce.
Old May 2nd 2020, 1:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I think it's the pro-marriage-equality thread. Cos you know, gay couples don't reproduce.
Couple questions . . . I think this is the right thread.

1) How do the good and moral pro-life people feel about The Trump Euthanasia by Corona policy?

2) Is it a good or bad thing when people of a certain genetic and/or cultural/religious background to move into an area, get all the girls pregnant, and change the skin tone and/or culture/religion of an existing population for the subsequent forever.
Old May 2nd 2020, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a9493511.htmlAnderson Cooper has announced he has become a father to a baby boy born via surrogate.

In a post shared on his Instagram account, the CNN anchor revealed his son, Wyatt Cooper, was born on Monday 27 April.

The television host shared several pictures of his child, including one that shows him bottle feeding his newborn son.

“I want to share with you some joyful news. On Monday, I became a father. This is Wyatt Cooper,” Cooper wrote in the caption.

“He is three days old. He is named after my father, who died when I was 10. I hope I can be as good a dad as he was.”
Old May 2nd 2020, 1:47 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

What an odd thread.

I'm agreeing with some of the things paulry's saying and wondering what Lion's going on about.

Old May 2nd 2020, 1:54 pm
WTF?

So, the "right" is now pro-family planning, pro-choice and supporting legal and safe universal access to inexpensive abortion? Woo-hoo, I can vote Republican again.
Old May 2nd 2020, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
What an odd thread.

I'm agreeing with some of the things paulry's saying and wondering what Lion's going on about.

Your mistake is taking any of this rubbish too seriously. Starting at the very top and bearing in mind the authors of each post.
Old May 2nd 2020, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
So, the "right" is now pro-family planning, pro-choice and supporting legal and safe universal access to inexpensive abortion? Woo-hoo, I can vote Republican again.
That certainly seems to be one conclusion.

The other is that the "left" is in fact now on the side of the "right", as long as you got that information from a whacked-out conspiracy website and not from some junky news channel like the BBC whose sole aim is to deceive the unwary who don't know how to find the whacked-out youtubers.
Old May 2nd 2020, 2:03 pm
WTF?

That certainly seems to be one conclusion.

The other is that the "left" is in fact now on the side of the "right", as long as you got that information from a whacked-out conspiracy website and not from some junky news channel like the BBC.
Obviously is obvious .... steal the other side's ideology, pretend you believe in something while doing the opposite, accuse the other side of NOT believing in what they believe, claim to have moral authority because you're really the one that believes the idea that you just stole, keep yelling the same thing over and over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.