Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Old Mar 6th 2021, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
FWIW, I thought what you posted was perfectly presented. You bolded words as appropriate to tell us why you were posting it (otherwise, I bet 80% of readers here would have glazed over before getting to that point because NO ONE ever reads lists like that ... you 'scan' them ...)

But that is exactly how misinformation spreads.

It was bolded to highlight a belief that chimpanzee and embryonic kidneys where in the vaccine, they are not!

I provided information as to what some of the text and methods used in the vaccine are.

I also offered an apology but hey this is the internet so whatever. But I believe you have to be far more careful when sharing information.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Continuing the above description of vaccine ingredients, there is apparently a problem with the USA not allowing export of essential raw materials for manufacture. Biden boosting Pfizer----Not Global cooperation!

US blocking raw materials will delay our vaccines, Adar Poonawalla complains to WHO (theprint.in)
Old Mar 6th 2021, 11:09 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Did you notice the 'nicotinamde' - makes me think this is a fake! Did you notice the mis-spelled 'Oganic Apples' ...
Vitamin B?
Old Mar 10th 2021, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Vitamin B?
https://dermnetnz.org/topics/nicotinamide/ .... 'Nicotinamide, also known as niacinamide or nicotinic acid amide, is the water-soluble, active form of vitamin B3"

Who'd a thunk 'nicotine...' would show up in a medical context!
Old Mar 10th 2021, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post

It was bolded to highlight a belief that chimpanzee and embryonic kidneys where in the vaccine, they are not!
I really don't think that's what she intended. She saw some interesting words in the middle of a long, dry list of ingredients, and bolded them for our benefit so we could see for ourselves. I could imagine doing exactly the same, and not with the intent of spreading misinformation.

Compare:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Spanish Inquisition Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
To:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Spanish Inquisition Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

They are identical. If I didn't bold 'Spanish Inquisition', would you have noticed it in the first copy of the paragraph?

Old Mar 10th 2021, 8:44 am
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't think that's what she intended. She saw some interesting words in the middle of a long, dry list of ingredients, and bolded them for our benefit so we could see for ourselves. I could imagine doing exactly the same, and not with the intent of spreading misinformation.

Compare:
To:

They are identical. If I didn't bold 'Spanish Inquisition', would you have noticed it in the first copy of the paragraph?
I did, as they were the only non-Latin words in there.