Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Old Mar 5th 2021, 1:09 pm
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post
How exactly? It is exactly what it says it is.

Misinterpretation happens when people try to push an agenda and deliberately conflate the sentence.
I'm not sure that wording is top of the agenda for astrazeneca. They would just use the language they use normally to describe the process.

People will always jump to conclusions when they see words like embryonic kidneys, and chimpanzee
Which is exactly why the original wording should have been qualified!
The word "synthesized" (or similar) might have helped.
No, the wording is not an AZ priority but I would have thought that the Government administrator who promulgated this information might have realised the potential for misunderstanding. As for pushing an agenda, the wording is a gift for those who would!
Old Mar 5th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
No, the wording is not an AZ priority but I would have thought that the Government administrator who promulgated this information might have realised the potential for misunderstanding. As for pushing an agenda, the wording is a gift for those who would!

Ah yes the governments fault for people not understanding (or willing to find out) the meaning of recombinant, or replication. Or look into what genetically modified means...
Old Mar 5th 2021, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Now you are stepping into politics. If you wish to carry on with this conversation, please do it elsewhere.

Fine line surely..... But warning heeded.

As I mentioned the wording is from astrazeneca themselves and is on the leaflet provided when the vaccine is administered.

Last edited by Phathamster; Mar 5th 2021 at 1:53 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 1:55 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

How exactly? It is exactly what it says it is.

Misinterpretation happens when people try to push an agenda and deliberately conflate the sentence.
I'm not sure that wording is top of the agenda for astrazeneca. They would just use the language they use normally to describe the process.

People will always jump to conclusions when they see words like embryonic kidneys, and chimpanzee
That's putting it mildly - many people would absolutely freak if they saw that. Misinterpretation happens through lack of clarity as well. And ignorance.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:08 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps lying was a little harsh but the post certainly had the intention of insinuating something that isn't true, perhaps this was done naively or perhaps as I assumed it was intentional.
There was absolutely zero intent to deceive or mislead - was I naive? - absolutely.... I'm a layman, an old gal who read it as I saw it - and was gobsmacked.. it's as simple as that.

This is why I don't come to this side of BE.. and won't be again.. thanks.

Perhaps you could not jump to conclusions or assume the worst - give people the benefit of doubt.
Bye bye.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 5th 2021 at 5:10 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
There was absolutely zero intent to deceive or mislead - was I naive? - absolutely.... I'm a layman, an old gal who read it as I saw it - and was gobsmacked.. it's as simple as that.

Perhaps you could not jump to conclusions or assume the worst - give people the benefit of doubt.
Bye bye.

Don't worry ----I get a shock when I look at the list of ingredients on packets of vitamin tablets or many food packets!
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bye bye.

Perhaps but it clearly wasn't just me who jumped to conclusions.

The internet is a wonderful tool full of information that can be easily found.

​​​​​​Apologies if any offence was caused it's common place on this forum for nonsense posting without fact checking.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:53 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

You should see what's in an apple!!

Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post

I can never find the matches, I'll try an apple next time I need to light a candle.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 6:22 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps but it clearly wasn't just me who jumped to conclusions.

The internet is a wonderful tool full of information that can be easily found.

​​​​​​Apologies if any offence was caused it's common place on this forum for nonsense posting without fact checking.
Not by me.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:53 pm
FreeThinker

Default Re: Off Topic Posts Re Vaccines moved from Coronavirus Thread

Not by me.
I'm with you on this. You only posted a published factual leaflet.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not by me.

Bless, you really believed there was chimpanzee and baby kidneys in the vaccine.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 12:05 am

Bless, you really believed there was chimpanzee and baby kidneys in the vaccine.
Bless, does it feel good to be so condescending to others? I learned many, many years ago that belittling others to make themselves feel bigger and better is usually an action by those who suffer insecurity issues. I trust this doesn't apply to you.

After 11 years of being a member in good standing, I really believe there are some things that are better being ignored.. any future comments by you will be added to that list... bye bye...

Apologies to JG and others for having inadvertently assisted in sending the Covid thread off topic... you can close this now, if you've a mind to..
Old Mar 6th 2021, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post

Did you notice the 'nicotinamde' - makes me think this is a fake! Did you notice the mis-spelled 'Oganic Apples' ...
Old Mar 6th 2021, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Bless, does it feel good to be so condescending to others? I learned many, many years ago that belittling others to make themselves feel bigger and better is usually an action by those who suffer insecurity issues. I trust this doesn't apply to you.

After 11 years of being a member in good standing, I really believe there are some things that are better being ignored.. any future comments by you will be added to that list... bye bye...

Apologies to JG and others for having inadvertently assisted in sending the Covid thread off topic... you can close this now, if you've a mind to..
FWIW, I thought what you posted was perfectly presented. You bolded words as appropriate to tell us why you were posting it (otherwise, I bet 80% of readers here would have glazed over before getting to that point because NO ONE ever reads lists like that ... you 'scan' them ...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.