Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off Topic posts re sex trafficking moved from Leon Brittan thread

Off Topic posts re sex trafficking moved from Leon Brittan thread

Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
what I find interesting is that India would appear to be having a double check on it's attitude - when in my experience and knowledge (which are limited in these matters) India isn't really well known for sexual child abuse - although abuse in other ways i.e. work etc is regularly documented.

However, the near neighbour Thailand has a very distinct reputation in such matters. Many people have taken the Paul Gadd route, both before and after him. And he was allowed to get away with a lot before certain people decided that as a foreigner it would do them good to jump on him.
Thailand population 66.8million
India population 1.237billion.

is there cause for worry about India?? I hope not.
perhaps, as with the Pakistani's who have taken their "desires" into the UK the Indians are going elsewhere. But with the former I believe it is more of a religious thing in abusing mixed with a knowledge that the race card has ensured a great deal of leeway and denial by senior local policemen who don't want to cause a fuss

perhaps going to another country is a case of not shitting on your own doorstep.
India is no different from any other country, sexual abuse happens. Sexual tourists apparently travel to Goa, I don't know about other states.
The Raymond Varley case is on going, he was living at the orphanage in question for some time.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

perhaps going to another country is a case of not shitting on your own doorstep.
Or not so ? Maybe Glitter could have followed with Savile and not become known ?

If it was not for that idiotic move by him to take his PC to pissyworld for repair, maybe even now we still be none the wiser.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 1:15 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic posts re sex trafficking moved from Leon Brittan thread

GG lived in a village not too far from us and there was always talk about him so it came as no surprise to the locals when he was first arrested.
Frankie Howerd also lived in the area but he was always the soul if discretion, he and his partner keeping themselves to themselves.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 1:21 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
GG lived in a village not too far from us and there was always talk about him so it came as no surprise to the locals when he was first arrested.
Frankie Howerd also lived in the area but he was always the soul if discretion, he and his partner keeping themselves to themselves.
There was never any suggestion that Frank was a paedophile was there?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
There was never any suggestion that Frank was a paedophile was there?
Gay I think but I do not think Paedofile, but he did know about Savile
"Hattie Jacques ... used to chat to me at the doctors surgery where I worked. "She told me that, on the set of the Carry-On films, Frankie Howerd said that Tom Driberg and Jimmy Savile were satanists who abused kids boys and girls..."
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:39 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666 View Post
But where's the quote from Andy?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
But where's the quote from Andy?
Google it, and / or are ask the question that you really mean to say.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he was definitely gay and having grown up in a time when that was viewed as a perversion he was extremely conflicted about it. He was famous for pursuing men, but I don't think children were ever involved. I have no idea if he actually knew what Saville was up to with children. I hope he didn't.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he was definitely gay and having grown up in a time when that was viewed as a perversion he was extremely conflicted about it. He was famous for pursuing men, but I don't think children were ever involved. I have no idea if he actually knew what Saville was up to with children. I hope he didn't.
despite personal leanings some keep (kept) themselves to themselves, perhaps out of fear, especially at that time - but there is still a moral code there which is kept to. Very much like the code of the old criminals - banks but no drugs, coppers or narks but no old ladies.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

It seems a few did know what Savile was up to so I can believe the quote, more than I would disbelive it
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:14 pm

It seems a few did know what Savile was up to so I can believe the quote, more than I would disbelive it
Sorry, what quote?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:39 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I have said before elsewhere, I can remember back in the 60's and 70's the stories about Savile always pulling the birds, especially the young ones. As to how far that went I never asked - as many people didn't.
But it makes perfect sense that those much closer to "the action" would know far more detail, and has been proven with his "chauffeur" actually got in on some of that "action".

As to other Savile and other matters - too many people in places like hospitals will have known or been told about his actions. He was a "bragger", using his "celebrity" (which we all gave him) to gain access to things that any normal person wouldn't have been interested in.

And then there is Aunty BBC - where many were also knowing as well as complicit. This goes ill against the editors of programmes who snipped here and snipped there if there was any small sense of impropriety.

So there are a number of people who kept things quiet, as well as those who set up "special places" using kids that had no connections, kids that they could ensure wouldn't be believed if they did have the strength of will to complain. But even they could be handled by various means.

`
Old Jul 9th 2014, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, what quote?
post #20 above

I have said before elsewhere, I can remember back in the 60's and 70's the stories about Savile always pulling the birds, especially the young ones. As to how far that went I never asked - as many people didn't.
But it makes perfect sense that those much closer to "the action" would know far more detail, and has been proven with his "chauffeur" actually got in on some of that "action".

As to other Savile and other matters - too many people in places like hospitals will have known or been told about his actions. He was a "bragger", using his "celebrity" (which we all gave him) to gain access to things that any normal person wouldn't have been interested in.

And then there is Aunty BBC - where many were also knowing as well as complicit. This goes ill against the editors of programmes who snipped here and snipped there if there was any small sense of impropriety.

So there are a number of people who kept things quiet, as well as those who set up "special places" using kids that had no connections, kids that they could ensure wouldn't be believed if they did have the strength of will to complain. But even they could be handled by various means.

`
The BBC Covered it up bigtime, the more I look, the more that comes out

in 1978 John Lydon did a interview
According to a rare audio clip just released (see video below), John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten, then of Sex Pistols and PIL fame, conducted an interview circa late 1978, where he joked about people he’d like to kill’ and interestingly he quipped, “I’d like to kill Jimmy Savile”…

He went on to comment about the late DJ and serial sex criminal’s ‘seediness’, and also that he (Savile) ‘was into all sorts’.
Also the BBC received many complaints from mothers about abuse to their children to which they forwarded to Saviles solicitors who took care of it.

I applaud this woman (if her story is true) for standing up in court about not paying her TV Licence, except the £20 she had to pay the BBC in a victim surcharge

Revenge of Jimmy Savile victim | UK | News | Daily Express

Last edited by andyrich666; Jul 9th 2014 at 4:07 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:13 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone mention wet knickers?

lesleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Old Jul 14th 2014, 7:18 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts View Post
Did someone mention wet knickers?

lesleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Im sure she shit them at least once as well......