Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off Topic posts re sex trafficking moved from Leon Brittan thread

Off Topic posts re sex trafficking moved from Leon Brittan thread

Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:54 pm
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,603
paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off Topic posts re sex trafficking moved from Leon Brittan thread

Of course, sexual crimes must be stamped out wherever they occur, but what's happened in the UK these past few decades pales into comparison with what is going on now on the Indian subcontinent. See ABC Four Corners: Streets of Shame and Ross Kemp, Extreme World: India. There's terrible terrible stuff happening there
paulry is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2014, 4:24 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14,893
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Of course, sexual crimes must be stamped out wherever they occur, but what's happened in the UK these past few decades pales into comparison with what is going on now on the Indian subcontinent. See ABC Four Corners: Streets of Shame and Ross Kemp, Extreme World: India. There's terrible terrible stuff happening there
As far as I remember the programme was about Pakistan. Not that India does not have its own problems.
Also paedophiles from the West travel to other countries 'Garry Glitter etc.).

At the moment the British authorities are refusing to extradite a convicted paedophile to India. (He is supposed to be suffering from dementia)

Fury in India as UK judge refuses extradition of convicted British paedophile - Crime - UK - The Independent
Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2014, 8:45 pm
  #3  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,054
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Of course, sexual crimes must be stamped out wherever they occur, but what's happened in the UK these past few decades pales into comparison with what is going on now on the Indian subcontinent. See ABC Four Corners: Streets of Shame and Ross Kemp, Extreme World: India. There's terrible terrible stuff happening there
if you know the right travel agent then trips for sex are readily available from all European countries. The authorities play tough when asked about it but they rarely do anything about it - a backhander works in just about any country.
And the parents are to a greater extent complicit in the goings on.

Having been out that way (but further east of India) the attitudes to sex are far far different to that in the strait-jacketed UK. And it isn't all kept under the carpet and reserved for foreigners, those with money and an appetite can get whatever they want.
To the point where a hetrosexual relationship is almost considered abnormal.

`
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 12:18 am
  #4  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,603
paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
As far as I remember the programme was about Pakistan. Not that India does not have its own problems.
Also paedophiles from the West travel to other countries 'Garry Glitter etc.).

At the moment the British authorities are refusing to extradite a convicted paedophile to India. (He is supposed to be suffering from dementia)

Fury in India as UK judge refuses extradition of convicted British paedophile - Crime - UK - The Independent
Two programmes: streets of shame was in Pakistan and the Ross Kemp one was in India. There was no sex tourism element in either of the programmes.

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
pot calling the kettle black - how the flying fish can you say that someone else has "narrow minded views"

and saying so is actually discrimination where you are denying someone the right to their own views without fear of ridicule. Something you insist on being allowed more than forcefully.

and as to "back on topic", that is a new area for you - been reading the posts by the grown-ups
Isn't she an absolute cracker!

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
if you know the right travel agent then trips for sex are readily available from all European countries. The authorities play tough when asked about it but they rarely do anything about it - a backhander works in just about any country.
And the parents are to a greater extent complicit in the goings on.

Having been out that way (but further east of India) the attitudes to sex are far far different to that in the strait-jacketed UK. And it isn't all kept under the carpet and reserved for foreigners, those with money and an appetite can get whatever they want.
To the point where a hetrosexual relationship is almost considered abnormal.
It's very shocking and makes me think that we in the west should be putting at least as much time and money into stopping whats going on in these countries as we do in our own. The foreign aid that we are giving them should be channeled into doing exactly that.
paulry is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:29 am
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14,893
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Two programmes: streets of shame was in Pakistan and the Ross Kemp one was in India. There was no sex tourism element in either of the programmes.



Isn't she an absolute cracker!



It's very shocking and makes me think that we in the west should be putting at least as much time and money into stopping whats going on in these countries as we do in our own. The foreign aid that we are giving them should be channeled into doing exactly that.

Thank you I didn't see the programmes (I was in India at the time). As in UK the average person there has no idea that these crimes are going on to this extent. I hope Ross Kemp gave his information to the appropriate authorities.
There is no need for aid to India, just government will to deal with these criminals. The new government (just a few weeks in power) hopefully will do just that.
(I can't speak for Pakistan the situation there is quite different).

The link I put on the last post, was not really about sex tourism, Raymond Varley was involved with an orphanage run by an Anglo/German man and 150 or more children tortured etc. over the years. I hope on appeal he is extradited and in this case there is cooperation with the Indian authorities.
Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:03 am
  #6  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Maybe we should start a new thread,.

How do we stop abuse of children in Asia and Africa by Europeans , N Americans etc and How do we stop the tourist sex trade.
Anyone who has travelled to these popular tourist destinations will have seen the groups of a certain type of tourist, they are not on golf holdays.
EMR is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:36 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14,893
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread,.

How do we stop abuse of children in Asia and Africa by Europeans , N Americans etc and How do we stop the tourist sex trade.
Anyone who has travelled to these popular tourist destinations will have seen the groups of a certain type of tourist, they are not on golf holdays.
I think you are on a dangerous mission 'threadwise', what about the Pakistani origin Muslims abusing vulnerable girls in care in the UK. Recent court cases.

These criminal people (some women also) see vulnerable children or adults in another country as easy prey and think they can get away with it.
Whether it is Westerners going East or Easterners going West.
Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:07 am
  #8  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,603
paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
What is wrong with discussing the issue in the UK.
Do you not think that they are lso victims.
Or is it just another excuse for you to reveal your real views on those of different colour and nationalities.
Sweetie, you've already demonstrated that you are a muddled thinker (think of your wet knickers conversation).

I've said all I wanted to say about what is happening every day in India and Pakistan, so as you were...
paulry is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:22 am
  #9  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14,893
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Sweetie, you've already demonstrated that you are a muddled thinker (think of your wet knickers conversation).

I've said all I wanted to say about what is happening every day in India and Pakistan, so as you were...
I think my post above agreed with your general views, but could I just ask that you do not (as others have on this forum) link together India with Pakistan.

They are different countries, the situations in each regarding women and children's issues are completely different. There are child protection forces in action in India as illustrated by the extradition request for Raymond Varley. Of course they could do far more, and I hope the new Minister Manekar Gandhi is active in this.

Now back to the main thread topic.

Last edited by Bipat; Jul 7th 2014 at 11:25 am.
Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:40 am
  #10  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,603
paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I think my post above agreed with your general views, but could I ask that you do not (as others have on this forum) link together India with Pakistan.

They are different countries, the situations in each regarding women and children's issues are completely different. There are child protection forces in action in India as illustrated by the extradition request for Raymond Varley. Of course they could do far more, and I hope the new Minister Manekar Gandhi is active in this.
I agree, they're different countries requiring different approaches but at present the degree of harm is the same.

Were you able to watch the ABC Four Corners programme? The reason I ask is it was on an Aussie TV website - did you use a VPN?

I couldn't stomach watching all of the programmes but from what I did see there were no sex tourists involved, the problems were entirely home grown.
paulry is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2014, 11:54 am
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14,893
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I agree, they're different countries requiring different approaches but at present the degree of harm is the same.

Were you able to watch the ABC Four Corners programme? The reason I ask is it was on an Aussie TV website - did you use a VPN?

I couldn't stomach watching all of the programmes but from what I did see there were no sex tourists involved, the problems were entirely home grown.
No I didn't see the programmes, I was in India. But I can understand what you mean, with a billion population you will find any gross atrocity if you look for it.

Of course the harm is the same for any victim, and in any country.
The point I was making is that the disapproval of the majority and of the government is the same there, as in the UK. (Policing though is a major on-going problem.)

There have been scandals involving Indian politicians and women but so far none involving children.
Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2014, 11:55 am
  #12  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,054
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
No I didn't see the programmes, I was in India. But I can understand what you mean, with a billion population you will find any gross atrocity if you look for it.

Of course the harm is the same for any victim, and in any country.
The point I was making is that the disapproval of the majority and of the government is the same there, as in the UK. (Policing though is a major on-going problem.)

There have been scandals involving Indian politicians and women but so far none involving children.
I had to read that twice or three times to get my head round that statement and think I have it right.

But what has to be remembered that those who wear misogynist blinkers/spectacles very conveniently forget that women are also actively involved in the misuse of children in sexual activities. Both directly and indirectly in provision and detaining of children.

This is a problem with both genders not just the males.
And it doesn't matter what the size of the population is, it is a problem even in small countries if they don't have the correct attitude or a weak police force that can be easily bribed to sweep things under the carpet.
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:16 pm
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
 
andyrich666's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
Posts: 3,569
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post

There have been scandals involving Indian politicians and women but so far none involving children.
Maybe like me they do not find them attractive ?
andyrich666 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:23 pm
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14,893
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
I had to read that twice or three times to get my head round that statement and think I have it right.

But what has to be remembered that those who wear misogynist blinkers/spectacles very conveniently forget that women are also actively involved in the misuse of children in sexual activities. Both directly and indirectly in provision and detaining of children.

This is a problem with both genders not just the males.
And it doesn't matter what the size of the population is, it is a problem even in small countries if they don't have the correct attitude or a weak police force that can be easily bribed to sweep things under the carpet.
I am aware of the fact that women are also involved. I used the words "and women" in another post.

I mentioned the population as others (not you of course!) always use numbers as indicators of a problem. I in a million paedophiles in UK population would be 60 total, 1 in a million in India would be a 1,000 total. Just rough figures.
Yes many police there are open to bribes, their pay is a pittance.
Hopefully the new government will improve matters.

If you are interested in women 'of note' look up Kiran Bedi, retired high profile policewoman. She came to birmingham years ago to give some advice to police force there. (I admire her very much).

(Also my post took into account that I don't think there have been any scandals involving female Indian politicians and Men or other women!!!!)

Last edited by Bipat; Jul 9th 2014 at 12:26 pm. Reason: Addition
Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:42 pm
  #15  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,054
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leon Brittan & Gov't cover ups

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I am aware of the fact that women are also involved. I used the words "and women" in another post.

I mentioned the population as others (not you of course!) always use numbers as indicators of a problem. I in a million paedophiles in UK population would be 60 total, 1 in a million in India would be a 1,000 total. Just rough figures.
Yes many police there are open to bribes, their pay is a pittance.
Hopefully the new government will improve matters.

If you are interested in women 'of note' look up Kiran Bedi, retired high profile policewoman. She came to birmingham years ago to give some advice to police force there. (I admire her very much).

(Also my post took into account that I don't think there have been any scandals involving female Indian politicians and Men or other women!!!!)
what I find interesting is that India would appear to be having a double check on it's attitude - when in my experience and knowledge (which are limited in these matters) India isn't really well known for sexual child abuse - although abuse in other ways i.e. work etc is regularly documented.

However, the near neighbour Thailand has a very distinct reputation in such matters. Many people have taken the Paul Gadd route, both before and after him. And he was allowed to get away with a lot before certain people decided that as a foreigner it would do them good to jump on him.
Thailand population 66.8million
India population 1.237billion.

is there cause for worry about India?? I hope not.
perhaps, as with the Pakistani's who have taken their "desires" into the UK the Indians are going elsewhere. But with the former I believe it is more of a religious thing in abusing mixed with a knowledge that the race card has ensured a great deal of leeway and denial by senior local policemen who don't want to cause a fuss

perhaps going to another country is a case of not shitting on your own doorstep.
Domino is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.