Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Old Jun 20th 2020, 12:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Annetje was around on the 18th. If you look at a member’s profile page you will see the last time they logged in. Of course they may have decided to be ‘invisible’, which means they don’t want you to know, so leave them alone
I wondered why I couldn't see the last time DG logged in, now I know I certainly wouldn't PM or email a 'missing' member to find out why they're not posting, that would be rude! Unless they were a good mate of course. I think it's ok to just ask on the forum if anyone's heard from them though, no one connected to them would give any confidential information (you'd hope not anyway)

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jun 20th 2020 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 4:30 pm
Devourer of Haribo

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
He's ok, we found ourselves in a similar predicament and have been pen pals for a while now.
And I hope you both are happy and well...

1-1, he really is a Decent Guy......
Old Jun 20th 2020, 11:09 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And I hope you both are happy and well...

1-1, he really is a Decent Guy......
Yeah doing ok, 3 months here now and borders still restricted so looks like another 6 weeks. That, of course depends on there being no new cases in NSW for a while. It is what it is, not getting my hopes up, gonna be quite some party when I do get home.
I actually feel his predicament is worse, at least I'm able to turn mine to my advantage, that poor sods plans were just pulled out from under him. He's just a decent guy, to me that statement needs no qualification.

Last edited by stevenglish1; Jun 20th 2020 at 11:12 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 11:48 pm
Devourer of Haribo

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Yeah doing ok, 3 months here now and borders still restricted so looks like another 6 weeks. That, of course depends on there being no new cases in NSW for a while. It is what it is, not getting my hopes up, gonna be quite some party when I do get home.
I actually feel his predicament is worse, at least I'm able to turn mine to my advantage, that poor sods plans were just pulled out from under him. He's just a decent guy, to me that statement needs no qualification.
And though you and I have disagreed, we can have a sensible conversation about the issues that affect us.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
? Annetje isn't the slightest bit populist, and Digital Ghost posts on lots of different kinds of threads.

Me ... Populist ....

Anyway, yes I am a bit quiet lately, loads of stuff to sort out and tbh there is just so much going wrong in the UK, I can't keep up anymore. Thank God for U-turns

Quick update : arrived in Charente Maritime, 3 weeks (more or less) at my brothers, found a lovely little house to rent on the coast (80 m from the beach), moved my stuff,
have too much to fit in this place, try to sort it out, miss my friends already so am not sure it was a good idea to move so far, will give it 1 year and then decide.
Downside : Bl**dy cold here ! I haven't worn a pull in June since 1990 !
Upside : hopefully finally I can go to Spain or Portugal in the winter !

Stay home and safe xx
Old Yesterday, 7:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't see any comment about Nigel Farage breaking self isolation rules upon his return to the UK from Trump's Tulsa rally for his essential trip to the pub today.

Perhaps it was one of those eyesight tests.

Farage apparently claims he got back to the UK the same day as the rally (June 20th) but that would mean he had mastered time travel. The time he was at the rally it was already Sunday in the UK so he's already out and about while his 14 days are not yet up.

It's supposed to be a full 14 days and a negative test result does not exempt on from the 14 days which in his case would mean he should be out on Monday at the earliest.
Old Yesterday, 8:03 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I haven't see any comment about Nigel Farage breaking self isolation rules upon his return to the UK from Trump's Tulsa rally for his essential trip to the pub today.

Farage apparently claims he got back to the UK the same day as the rally (June 20th) but that would mean he had mastered time travel. The time he was at the rally it was already Sunday in the UK so he's already out and about while his 14 days are not yet up.

It's supposed to be a full 14 days and a negative test result does not exempt on from the 14 days which in his case would mean he should be out on Monday at the earliest.
Listen, you can't trust experts! What do they know?
Old Yesterday, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Kent Police have been asked to investigate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-53294155

So is quarantine consider to be 14 x 24 hour periods?

He was in the USA on 20 June a Saturday fact. He say he flew back the same day (unknown) and dependent where he was several hours time change.He was seen driving a pint today Saturday.
Personal Exemptions for duty free allowances go from Sunday to Sunday etc.
A portion of any day is considered a full day for residency obligations.

So is he in violation? Depends what they consider 14 days. One of his supporters said this
"Dear Ed Davey, The police have better things to do, you sad little man. Getting an officer to go to Nigel's house to tell him he shouldn't have gone to the pub is a total waste of resources and makes you look like a pathetic, attention-seeking twerp."
Old Yesterday, 9:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
So is quarantine consider to be 14 x 24 hour periods?
It's a full 14 days. That means it starts the day after, day number 1 and finishes on day number 14, freedom on day 15.
Even if he did arrive in the UK on Saturday as stated that still doesn't meet the full 14 days.

He was in the USA on 20 June a Saturday fact. He say he flew back the same day (unknown)
Impossible. There's this time difference thing where Saturday evening in Tulsa at 9.00pm is already 2.00am on Sunday in the UK. Apparently there are no direct flights from Tulsa so it's about 11 hours. Of course he may have flown back from somewhere else but then there's the time to get there.

For him to have got back on the Saturday (by midnight UK time) US time would be 7.00 pm or earlier. Take that back earlier for the flight times and he was very close to leaving before he arrived. He only flew out on the 19th.

So is he in violation? Depends what they consider 14 days. One of his supporters said this
"Dear Ed Davey, The police have better things to do, you sad little man. Getting an officer to go to Nigel's house to tell him he shouldn't have gone to the pub is a total waste of resources and makes you look like a pathetic, attention-seeking twerp."
The usual claim from people who believe the rules don't apply to them. The elite.
Old Today, 6:27 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
...He was seen driving a pint today Saturday...
That's got to be an arrestable offence, hasn't it?