Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:35 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
You really are a PIA !
I don't think I am Pakistan International Airlines. At least I wasn't the last time I checked.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:51 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I thought you were pro-EU?
Suspension continued at February 2020 meeting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-voting-rights
Breaking your own rules again, Bipat. As you don't live here, or have hundreds of relatives here, you shouldn't be commenting. Your rules, remember.

Interesting to see how you have legged it back from the land of the "humanitarian crisis" (as described by the BBC) to the UK. I thought you would have stayed put to lend moral support to all your relatives there.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:00 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Untrue..... I'm attacking your comments, not you - and I saw your personal issues.... so your relatives were lucky to have you to stop them, weren't they?
You don't get to sit on a pedestal able to pontificate about others without being a target.... maybe you'd be better walking in someone else's shoes

I don't know you, so I certainly can't like or dislike you - I read what you say and I say what I think about the attitudes you express. If you want to categorize that as being "a poster you don't like", I can't stop you.... but I think you need to take a step back.

As for your belief I wish you harm....... really?
So your post was just misguided then. I wasn't trying to be a prick mentioning that I stopped them travelling, it was an example to back up what I was saying about people having time to decide and make responsible decisions.

What pedestal? Are we all targets if we have opinions? Is that how we should look at someone who thinks differently? We should seem them as a 'target'? Does that make you or anyone else who disagrees with this particular opinion a 'target'?

I'll save you the hassle of looking back earlier in the thread because I'm nice but I did say I don't really mind people being picked up and brought back (how could you, fundamentally), I just think they should pay for it though (someone said they are, I've not checked so I'll take it at face value) rather than the rest of the UK pay for their really poor decision when that money could fund more hospital equipment or nursing support or food banks or care or something far more positive.

It's a combo of bad: the deciding to travel at a point in time when it's obvious you shouldn't + the demand (that I've seen online) from people for the government to sort it out for them and get people home + the waste of cash (no matter how much they charge each person it won't cover it, will it?).
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Breaking your own rules again, Bipat. As you don't live here, or have hundreds of relatives here, you shouldn't be commenting. Your rules, remember.

Interesting to see how you have legged it back from the land of the "humanitarian crisis" **(as described by the BBC) to the UK. I thought you would have stayed put to lend moral support to all your relatives there.
I keep up to date with EU news!! I thought that was what 'Leavers' were supposed to do??
Perhaps you can explain why the EPP is wrong!

Regarding my "moral support" ----it is more needed by my UK two medic daughters---one with 3 children and a high risk husband, one at a teaching hospital with critical care patients being transferred from London.* Son with child eventually needing new heart valve so at risk also.

Moral support to the in-laws---staying in our Indian rural safe-house is reading his daily 'long' joking Whatsapps and her 'get me out of here' ---want to go back to Pune- 'rejoinders' (her words!

*Lack of equipment in UK---Hospital working daughter is posting 'scrubs' to GP daughter--who is seeing patients across a desk.

** Any time anything happens in one area of India--- the BBC describes it as a 'Humanitarian crisis'. There is a 'humanitarian crisis' in Europe. More cases per population at the moment.

Last edited by Bipat; Mar 31st 2020 at 12:51 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:15 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

https://britishexpats.com/forum/take.../#post12830174

I just read this post by DG saying his partner went to a cafe and ate lunch there. If that's what she's telling you then either a) she's lying, b) you're lying, or c) the cafe and her group of friends are breaking the law. I'll bet it's door a or b. There are no cafe's or restaurants in the state of Western Australia where patrons are being served anything but take away. No eating place has tables and/or chairs available for people to eat their take out. Anyone who says otherwise is not telling the truth.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:17 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
https://britishexpats.com/forum/take.../#post12830174

I just read this post by DG saying his partner went to a cafe and ate lunch there. If that's what she's telling you then either a) she's lying, b) you're lying, or c) the cafe and her group of friends are breaking the law. I'll bet it's door a or b. There are no cafe's or restaurants in the state of Western Australia where patrons are being served anything but take away. No eating place has tables and/or chairs available for people to eat their take out. Anyone who says otherwise is not telling the truth.
OK you can call me whatever you like but she's no liar. Possible I misunderstood, I don't know but the one thing always guaranteed from her is honesty. I know that she was able to buy food and coffee and enjoy it outdoors with her colleagues which means for a fact that she has more freedom in Western Australia than anybody in the UK does right now, unless you count the "key workers" such as the two police men who stood outside my apartment building yesterday eating prepacked sandwiches and drinking red bull.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
OK you can call me whatever you like but she's no liar. Possible I misunderstood, I don't know but the one thing always guaranteed from her is honesty. I know that she was able to buy food and coffee and enjoy it outdoors with her colleagues which means for a fact that she has more freedom in Western Australia than anybody in the UK does right now, unless you count the "key workers" such as the two police men who stood outside my apartment building yesterday eating prepacked sandwiches and drinking red bull.
Exactly. Police officers - and every one else - can still buy from a takeaway and if you want to sit down and eat it outside (at the proper distance from others) nobody's going to stop you any more than they will stop you from walking home with it. I wouldn't do it myself though. I would go home and wash my hands first. So yeah, for Australia "possibly you misunderstood".

Temporary quarantine regulations for public health to prevent thousands of unnecessary deaths simply do not constitute a "police state" and you are wasting your time trying to convince people here that it does. And this is allowing for mistakes made by individual Forces as well as "mistakes" made by people spitting at officers and emergency workers and pushing and shoving in supermarket queues. I suggest you put your energy into making things better for people now, rather than ranting on the internet. Maybe there's an older, vulnerable person who is shut in near you, who needs a conversation or help getting food delivered. Some people just want conversations on the phone, you could sign up for that. You could go and donate blood, which is going to be in short supply due to reduced donations. Endless possibilities.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Mar 31st 2020 at 12:31 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Exactly. Police officers - and every one else - can still buy from a takeaway and if you want to sit down and eat it outside (at the proper distance from others) nobody's going to stop you any more than they will stop you from walking home with it.
Actually yes I think they will.

In any case I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything and I hope that you're right and I'm wrong. I severely doubt it based on the experiences of the last several year but we can always live in hope.

I suggest you put your energy into making things better for people now, rather than ranting on the internet. Maybe there's an older, vulnerable person who is shut in near you, who needs a conversation or help getting food delivered. Some people just want conversations on the phone, you could sign up for that. You could go and donate blood, which is going to be in short supply due to reduced donations. Endless possibilities.
Honestly, why should I? Why shouldn't the people who got us into this mess in the first place i.e. the government, corporations and those in favour of globalisation volunteer to do those things? I'm sick to death of cleaning up after other people's mistakes and accepting restrictions on my life as a result of their reckless actions.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Mar 31st 2020 at 12:34 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Actually yes I think they will.

In any case I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything and I hope that you're right and I'm wrong. I severely doubt it based on the experiences of the last several year but we can always live in hope.

Honestly, why should I? Why shouldn't the people who got us into this mess in the first place i.e. the government, corporations and those in favour of globalisation volunteer to do those things? I'm sick to death of cleaning up after other people's mistakes and accepting restrictions on my life as a result of their reckless actions.
You are either a troll, or in a completely irrational state of mind. Either way, there is no real conversation to be had with you.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:36 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, DigitalGhost, we have an actual curfew here. If you want to go out after 8pm you have to have a permit. They also fire up ALL speed cameras (there's one every mile or two on all the big roads) and flash everyone during curfew. If you got a pass, you don't get a ticket. (Permits link).
BUT.....The two government owned and run booze shops have recently announced they'll start home delivery soon, so they take with one hand and give with another.

Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

You are either a troll, or in a completely irrational state of mind. Either way, there is no real conversation to be had with you.
I think you need to refer to my original post in this thread.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Hey, DigitalGhost, we have an actual curfew here. If you want to go out after 8pm you have to have a permit. They also fire up ALL speed cameras (there's one every mile or two on all the big roads) and flash everyone during curfew. If you got a pass, you don't get a ticket. (Permits link).
BUT.....The two government owned and run booze shops have recently announced they'll start home delivery soon, so they take with one hand and give with another.

https://twitter.com/DXBMediaOffice/s...202982400?s=20
Doesn't Dubai punish people for homosexuality as well? I'm sure Dubai can be nice at times but it doesn't even pretend to be a free and liberal democracy.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:40 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone in another country atm wants a view into just how much Britain has reverted into police state territory at this point, please read the following 2 articles:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...iftigniter-rhr
When police spotted a car full of people travelling through Greater Manchester they promptly pulled the vehicle over and ordered the occupants to return home at once or risk a fine for breaching the national lockdown rules.

Unfortunately, rather than reckless joyriders, the car contained a group of key workers who were on their way to a night shift at a major supermarket, but were unable to persuade the officers of their credentials.
4 or more people in a car together, unlikely to all be from the same family so should be social distancing. Or does it not apply in vehicles?

And my employer has issued me with a key worker letter that I keep with me. How many will tell the Police they're key workers when they're not.

Would you prefer Police just let them go to potentially spread Covid-19?

[QUOTE]https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...eyQrxTA23MK8CQ[QUOTE]

Stephen Kinnock was an ass.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:41 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Would you prefer Police just let them go to potentially spread Covid-19?
Yes. That's called freedom. It's supposedly to be the main pillar of our democracy and belief system.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

I made this point earlier, just ignore him and he will go away, it's attention seeking for whatever reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.