Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Not Priti Patel

Not Priti Patel

Old Nov 21st 2019, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Priti Patel

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
As, I think, Lion has said, it shows how far to the right the Tory party has lurched
I'm not sure I understand you correctly. The current bunch are just as bad as the mob that were in power between 1979 and 1997. I see no difference at all.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 6:37 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
Considering now we have 2 or even 3 generations living off benefits and the effect on social conditions and families, yes most people I come across in North Eats would have preferred the mines stay open.

Funny in the North East considering things still blamed on Thatcher one would think she were still alive.
It can't be that many families still impacted by it though. After 40 years. Maybe it's just residual resentment. It would be an interesting topic for a BBC documentary. Thanks for your perspective.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
I'm not sure I understand you correctly. The current bunch are just as bad as the mob that were in power between 1979 and 1997. I see no difference at all.
Some of those who held positions back then, rather than just simply being members of the party, even including a former PM, have been in disagreement with the current bunch and not just about the one issue.

Norman Tebbit has not joined them.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
Considering May fired her for corrupt and dishonest practices, she has no business being in the Cabinet again.
Heaven help us if BoJo resigns/retires, and she puts herself up for leader of the Tories or dare is say it PM (just because she has a top Cabinet post and she's Asian so it's good PR to have a non-white major party leader/PM).
She is British. Mrs May fired her because of her activity in Israel without permission.

(She is far too right-wing for my liking!)

Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:14 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Considering May fired her for corrupt and dishonest practices, she has no business being in the Cabinet again.
Heaven help us if BoJo resigns/retires, and she puts herself up for leader of the Tories or dare is say it PM (just because she has a top Cabinet post and she's Asian so it's good PR to have a non-white major party leader/PM).
She can't be all bad - she's proposing Vindaloo Visas!
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
It can't be that many families still impacted by it though. After 40 years. Maybe it's just residual resentment. It would be an interesting topic for a BBC documentary. Thanks for your perspective.
Well I guess depends on which town, but the towns I know well even decades after the fact most families I come across directly were affected and this led to the next generations degradation socially and economically such that living off benefits a standard way of life. Add in cost of bus fares and petrol, for many getting a job in Newcastle would mean less that what they receive in benefits- so better to take the benefits and work a bit for cash or selling drugs or whatever. Petty crime is rampant compared to decades before, only growth industry on the High Street seems to be charity shops. I would hazard a guess cost to the government the last 40 years has far exceeded the savings from closing the pits.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:34 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
Well I guess depends on which town, but the towns I know well even decades after the fact most families I come across directly were affected and this led to the next generations degradation socially and economically such that living off benefits a standard way of life. Add in cost of bus fares and petrol, for many getting a job in Newcastle would mean less that what they receive in benefits- so better to take the benefits and work a bit for cash or selling drugs or whatever. Petty crime is rampant compared to decades before, only growth industry on the High Street seems to be charity shops. I would hazard a guess cost to the government the last 40 years has far exceeded the savings from closing the pits.
Yes, could be. It's a shame. Apart from attracting Nissan, insufficient local investment I suppose. I don't know the area well enough to know what could have been done. It's probably successive governments prioritising the SE over every other region. At least the NW (Manchester etc) is getting some notice now.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Yes, could be. It's a shame. Apart from attracting Nissan, insufficient local investment I suppose. I don't know the area well enough to know what could have been done. It's probably successive governments prioritising the SE over every other region. At least the NW (Manchester etc) is getting some notice now.
Yes the North east is out of sight out of mind for the London-based parties and elite. There is a North Eats party that has a town council seats here and there.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

God pleaaaaaaese not more B******s is't there enough political pooh here
Old Nov 21st 2019, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
She is British. Mrs May fired her because of her activity in Israel without permission.

(She is far too right-wing for my liking!)
And those actions were dishonest and corrupt. She should never have been called up to high-Cabinet office again for that alone.
I know she's British. But she's clearly non-white. I don't see how that's offensive to cite. I just reckon she may challenge for Tory leader, due to the positive PR of her being the first non-white major party leader. And she shouldn't do it - given her record.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

And those actions were dishonest and corrupt. She should never have been called up to high-Cabinet office again for that alone.
I know she's British. But she's clearly non-white. I don't see how that's offensive to cite. I just reckon she may challenge for Tory leader, due to the positive PR of her being the
first non-white major party leader. And she shouldn't do it - given her record.
You have forgotten the Chancellor!
Old Nov 21st 2019, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

the question and topic at hand is Priti Patel. I know that Savid Javid holds a big Cabinet role too.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

the question and topic at hand is Priti Patel.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
She can't be all bad - she's proposing Vindaloo Visas!
Shes a dishonest bitch. That's what she is
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 3:40 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
It's her legacy that lives on.
Environmentalist?

Or the saviour of thousands from black lung?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.