Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Not long before Trump impeachment?

Not long before Trump impeachment?

Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not long before Trump impeachment?

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Are you knew to politics? The Congress was controlled by Republicans when Richard Nixon was impeached for "WaterGate".
If the smoking gun gets picked up by the press, Republicans will run for cover and protect their own nest. That includes impeaching a sitting President from their own party. As long as it's not political like with Bill Clinton's sex scandal Impeachment. If it's criminal, impeachment will happen!
I give it two to three years. Keep in mind we're talking about a person that violated the Cuban embargo in order to make money in Cuba. This is scary because it affects all people living in America.
Nixon wasn't impeached; he resigned. And at that point in time Democrats had a majority (242 to 192) in the House of Representatives where any impeachment would be made. Not that it's relevant, but the Democrats had a majority (56 to 42) in the Senate at that point too.

Seems like you are the one "new to politics".

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 10th 2016 at 8:16 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 1:46 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Nixon wasn't impeached; he resigned. And at that point in time Democrats had a majority (242 to 192) in the House of Representatives where any impeachment would be made. Not that it's relevant, but the Democrats had a majority (56 to 42) in the Senate at that point too.

I agree with your numbers. My bad! Doesn't change my point one bit. If the press learns that a criminal offense has been committed by trump, public and political pressure will force him to resign or be impeached. It happen to Nixon and it will happen to your Xenophobic hero Trump.
Old Nov 12th 2016, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
I agree with your numbers. My bad! Doesn't change my point one bit. If the press learns that a criminal offense has been committed by trump, public and political pressure will force him to resign or be impeached. It happen to Nixon and it will happen to your Xenophobic hero Trump.
If the "your" refers to me, then lol. I think Trump is an absolute disgrace.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Trump bashed so many Republicans though. There might be enough to impeach him and get Pence into the Presidency.
Even worse.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Impeachment is more than just a possibility , he think's he is one off the "Untouchables" now !

He is refusing to put his Business Interest into "Blind Trust" !
NO sight off his Tax Returns !

The rest off the reasons are below.
Huge amount off Conflict off Interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erest-business
Old Nov 14th 2016, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post

Just for the sake of accuracy, Nixon resigned to avoid being impeached & Ford immediately signed a pardon that contained the words "all crimes charged or uncharged" which put him in the clear.

Had he remained POTUS h'd have been impeached & had he not been pardoned, he'd have been charged.

Which of course begs the question of will BO do the same thing for HC before he steps down?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne View Post
Just for the sake of accuracy, Nixon resigned to avoid being impeached & Ford immediately signed a pardon that contained the words "all crimes charged or uncharged" which put him in the clear.

Had he remained POTUS h'd have been impeached & had he not been pardoned, he'd have been charged.

Which of course begs the question of will BO do the same thing for HC before he steps down?
I thought all charges against Hilary had failed to stick? The FBI had breached security by making them.It seems it was again a bit of political sabotage so beloved these days The last minute scandal. The FBI notoriously can't stand the CIA (who supported Hilary.)so did the dirty
Why everyone was scandalised that she used a separate email system is laughable.. If they only knew the half of it. The President runs two totally secret security agencies that report only to him.(Trump will make great use of that) Politics is secretive ,dirty, and shocking. The unwritten rule is you keep all that under wraps from the populous The first crack in that rule was the Nixon case,followed by the Clinton case. They have let Pandora out of the box and this is where it has lead them,plea bargaining amongst themselves.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I thought all charges against Hilary had failed to stick? The FBI had breached security by making them.It seems it was again a bit of political sabotage so beloved these days The last minute scandal. The FBI notoriously can't stand the CIA (who supported Hilary.)so did the dirty
Why everyone was scandalised that she used a separate email system is laughable.. If they only knew the half of it. The President runs two totally secret security agencies that report only to him.(Trump will make great use of that) Politics is secretive ,dirty, and shocking. The unwritten rule is you keep all that under wraps from the populous The first crack in that rule was the Nixon case,followed by the Clinton case. They have let Pandora out of the box and this is where it has lead them,plea bargaining amongst themselves.
The FBI have closed the email investigation for now but Trump may well have them re-open it & Gowdy may well nail her on Benghazi or the Foundation thing etc....... One way or another, I suspect we may well hear more about HC & her shennanigans........ OR that BO has pardoned her for 'all crimes charged or uncharged' or similar.

My own guess is that BO won't sign a pardon for her before stepping down because it'd taint his legacy but it's not impossible that he will.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:31 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The FBI have closed the email investigation for now but Trump may well have them re-open it & Gowdy may well nail her on Benghazi or the Foundation thing etc....... One way or another, I suspect we may well hear more about HC & her shennanigans........ OR that BO has pardoned her for 'all crimes charged or uncharged' or similar.

My own guess is that BO won't sign a pardon for her before stepping down because it'd taint his legacy but it's not impossible that he will.
She cannot be pardoned as no crime was committed, what is it about facts you cannot understand.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh , you might like to read this before you dig a bigger -hit hole for your self to live in

"GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz Reported To FBI For Using Potential Illegal Private Email Server"
There's a couple off reported thing's in this that the FBI should really investigate, But unless Comey is removed I doubt they will

+ There's a sentence in this report that you should be aware off , that's if you bother to read it

Threatening us? Here's some critique for you, Kellyanne: F-ck you and F-ck Trump

Last edited by Ingles; Nov 14th 2016 at 11:21 am.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
Impeachment is more than just a possibility , he think's he is one off the "Untouchables" now !

He is refusing to put his Business Interest into "Blind Trust" !
NO sight off his Tax Returns !

The rest off the reasons are below.
Huge amount off Conflict off Interest.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...erest-business
Giuliani says he can't put the business in a Blind Trust because that would put his children out of work. Presumably they are incapable of finding work without nepotism.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Giuliani says he can't put the business in a Blind Trust because that would put his children out of work. Presumably they are incapable of finding work without nepotism.
Presumably they hang out with Trump's children, who he put on his transition team. All one happy family.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Presumably they hang out with Trump's children, who he put on his transition team. All one happy family.
I meant Giuliani was talking about Trump's business/kids, not Giuliani's business/kids. If Trump can't give his kids jobs in the cabinet etc because of the nepotism law, surely he shouldn't be able to have them on his transition team? Am I being too logical?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 12:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I meant Giuliani was talking about Trump's business/kids, not Giuliani's business/kids. If Trump can't give his kids jobs in the cabinet etc because of the nepotism law, surely he shouldn't be able to have them on his transition team? Am I being too logical?
Yes, much too logical. American elections are not about logic, especially this one. This entire country isn't even about logic. I mean, look how much backpedalling and demonstration of his assorted lies has gone on in less than a week. Trump has already said he isn’t going to build a wall, he isn’t going to deport 10 million Mexicans, he isn’t going to repeal all of Obamacare, definitely isn’t going to be an outsider or appoint outsiders, isn’t going to destroy ISIS in 90 days. I imagine his followers are not bothered by any of this, even though I cannot remember any president elect ever who backed off of so many campaign promises within a week of winning. They were conned, and so they must insist they weren’t for as long as they can, or attempt to make people think that "they knew what he meant all along".

Bed, lie in it. 'Nuff said.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Clinton hasn't committed a crime so it's moot. The "shennanigans" are on the part of those that continue with these pointless Benghazi inquiries. Now on the eighth one, iirc.

Trump could appoint a special prosecutor and waste more time and money going after the Clintons. But it would be such a politically egregious act that I doubt even he would waste political capital on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.