Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland

Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:43 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy View Post
Anyone see the film the Wind that shakes the Barley, those Black Tan British soldiers were very brutal.
Yeh, but they were only actors ...
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:23 pm
2Ozornot2Oz? yes it is!!!

Location: Cold wet cold rain Norn Iron! not for long, woohoo!!!!!
Rusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Slam Thunderhide View Post
Having grown up in Belfast and experienced sectarianism first hand i realise there is no quick fix solution. I find the older i get the more wearisome become the arguments.All the opinions expressed on this thread are valid no matter which side you are looking from.I know only two things for sure,the solution to the Irish problem will never be found at the end of an Armalite (i had eight long years to think about it) and Ireland will be one nation some day,it is inevitable.
Hi Mr Thunderhide
as i have said earlier in the thread i grew up in Belfast too and i have to totally agree with everything you have said in this one. Ireland will one day be one nation have one flag again, it is inevitable.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:27 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
Maybe take it as an opportunity to explain to them that Northern Ireland is British.
but it isnt
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs View Post
but it isnt
I suggest you check the map ... Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom hence is is British.

Denial won't change that simple fact.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:09 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you check the map ... Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom hence is is British.

Denial won't change that simple fact.
It all depends who one asks....

And I promised myself I would never enter this thread.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla View Post
It's understood that there is a minority community in Northern Ireland who prefer to be seen as Irish. There are other minority communities in Europe who look more towards a neighbouring country than their own, and this has to be respected, but that in itself does not change borders or sovereignty.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:39 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

It's understood that there is a minority community in Northern Ireland who prefer to be seen as Irish. There are other minority communities in Europe who look more towards a neighbouring country than their own, and this has to be respected, but that in itself does not change borders or sovereignty.
And the vast majority of the community in the "south" of Ireland prefer to see Northern Ireland as part of Ireland, as it used to be hundreds of years ago. As I said, it all depends who you ask. On the border and sovereignty issue, why do you think there has been so much bloodshed for hundreds of centuries?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slam Thunderhide View Post
Having grown up in Belfast and experienced sectarianism first hand i realise there is no quick fix solution. I find the older i get the more wearisome become the arguments.All the opinions expressed on this thread are valid no matter which side you are looking from.I know only two things for sure,the solution to the Irish problem will never be found at the end of an Armalite (i had eight long years to think about it) and Ireland will be one nation some day,it is inevitable.
Hear hear Slam. Mssrs Adams, McGuinness, Docherty et al are slated for the road they took in trying to secure their countries unification by politically motivated war but now they instigate the peace process they are being slated as underhand and this is not their true intentions. I applaud their foresight and brave decision in trying to take the gun out of Irish politics.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Guggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really nice

Originally Posted by walla View Post
Absolutely and most assuredly it does not. Northern Ireland is, at the moment, and is likely to remain well into the forseeable future, British.

Last edited by Guggler; Feb 27th 2007 at 3:00 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=walla;4460426]And the vast majority of the community in the "south" of Ireland prefer to see Northern Ireland as part of Ireland, as it used to be hundreds of years ago. QUOTE]

Can you back up this assertion with statistics or factual evidence?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Hear hear Slam. Mssrs Adams, McGuinness, Docherty et al are slated for the road they took in trying to secure their countries unification by politically motivated war
You must acknowledge that it is (so called dissident) republicans who now slate the above mentioned for joining the peace process. Unionists have always slated them, so no change there.

It must be hard for unionists (and i dont mean loyalists linked to paramilitary groups, like the PUP etc). The above three characters rose to the very very top of the IRA (ie the army council) and you do not get there without putting in a fair amount of "dirty" work in first. There is prob a bit of bigotry in Paisley and co but killers they aint. And they got to share power with those guys!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has gone on longer than the Troubles!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:32 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
Yeh, but they were only actors ...
Thats a relief to know.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Thats a relief to know.
The English always on the wrong side of hollywood bullshit, Braveheart, The Patriot, U-571 (the engima machine one, whatever it was called!)
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a relief to know.
They would have been sued for bodily harm if they weren't and probably human rights violations..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.