British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   The New Conservative Age - a good thing? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/new-conservative-age-good-thing-935060/)

Jingsamichty Feb 19th 2021 2:33 pm

Re: The New Conservative Age - a good thing?

I see the "Herrenvolk shite" Laurence Fox has been espousing his poor-little-victim bullshit again. Apparently "being woke is anti-British".

He claims that 50% of British people are afraid to express their thoughts for fear of being called racist. And that makes him sad. So hoorah for Laurence Fox who will make it okay to call people rude names and put golliwogs back on our great British jam jars where they totally belong.

Lion in Winter Feb 19th 2021 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12975262)
I see the "Herrenvolk shite" Laurence Fox has been espousing his poor-little-victim bullshit again. Apparently "being woke is anti-British".

He claims that 50% of British people are afraid to express their thoughts for fear of being called racist. And that makes him sad. So hoorah for Laurence Fox who will make it okay to call people rude names and put golliwogs back on our great British jam jars where they totally belong.

An irrelevant non-entity. I don't see him getting any acting roles these days.

kimilseung Feb 19th 2021 2:50 pm

Got to love the right, who are now opposing their centuries old policy of cancel culture, now that it is slightly being turned on them.

Jingsamichty Feb 19th 2021 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12975265)
An irrelevant non-entity. I don't see him getting any acting roles these days.

Let's hope not. He could attract enough support to split the Conservative vote.

Jingsamichty Feb 19th 2021 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12975274)
Got to love the right, who are now opposing their centuries old policy of cancel culture, now that it is slightly being turned on them.

Indeed, remember it was conservatives who took books out of schools under the "Section 28" policy. To decry "cancel culture" is hypocritical beyond belief, which I suppose in itself is at least a conservative constant. Even in Parliament they try to suppress debate rather than face questioning or criticism.

Lion in Winter Feb 19th 2021 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 12975281)
Let's hope not. He could attract enough support to split the Conservative vote.

That is a good point. So Flange on one side and Fox on the other.

Now if Labour could just grab the imagination...

BristolUK Feb 19th 2021 3:36 pm

I was reading something about Sacha Baron Cohen today. I was never a great fan but it was a great quote.
"If you’re protesting against racism, you’re going to upset some racists.”

Looking at that link I don't see anything about whether they think it's a good thing that they can't be racist, homophobic, offensive etc as much as previously.

Fox is probably still pissed off after making a fool of himself over the Sikh soldier faux pas.

Red Eric Feb 19th 2021 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12975292)
Fox is probably still pissed off after making a fool of himself over the Sikh soldier faux pas.

Not to mention being mistaken for a gazelle.

Lion in Winter Feb 19th 2021 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12975323)
Not to mention being mistaken for a gazelle.

That's very unflattering.

To the gazelle.

Red Eric Feb 19th 2021 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12975368)
That's very unflattering.

To the gazelle.

Not keen on blonde manes?