Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:11 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to sort out my attitude...

Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
But the UK does have a *much* higher homicide rate than in Australia though.

See for yourself

UK

Australia

More info here
http://www.aic.gov.au/stats/crime/
http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/page108.asp
So basically what you are saying is that because Australia has a lower crime rate we should all be happy to live there. Nothing else in life matters apart from crime statistics? If only it were that simple.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

No you aren't being thick (that's my job) but UK crime is *one* of the reasons why people leave the UK heading for less populated countries.

Me personally, living in sleepy Surrey, I do not have a worry in the world about being shot or stabbed in my town.
I love living in this country, but I'm lucky to live where I live because if I was in Peckham right now I'd be crapping myself

I'm not UK bashing,
Crime also happens in surrey to
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:46 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

But the UK does have a *much* higher homicide rate than in Australia though.

See for yourself

UK

Australia

More info here
http://www.aic.gov.au/stats/crime/
http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/page108.asp
The UK has 3 times the Population of Australia, work the figures out Danny.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post
I did look on this forum before I came and I chose to ignore the negative threads and read more and more on the Australia forum. I suppose that having lived it I would like to tell the ones on the way out how it really is here. Won't make any difference to them as I think everyone needs to try it for themselves but in my experience and from talking to other people here in Perth, we all liked it while on holiday for a month but our feelings soon changed after having lived the "great lifestyle" for a year or so. Try going to the beach with a baby, or the park, or anywhere outside in fact, when it's 35 degrees or more. Try having a baby with no support, no family, no babysitters, no REAL friends. I totally underestimated what we had at home, and don't get me wrong, I don't think the UK is paradise, I lived there for 35 years, I know what it's like. But that's the thing, I know what it's like, and I'll be more than happy to go back there and start living again.

Jo
I understand and relate to everything you have said Jo! There is so much truth in all that, and I wish you all the luck in the world for going back. We won't be far behind, and I just SO agree with what you say about coming here on holiday, and the reality of living here being so different. You just know in your heart, don't you?

I get collywobbles about going back sometimes, but I just know it's the right thing to do. I will never feel at home here. But I guess people just have to get it out of their systems. I know I did!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham View Post
Basically, if you want to have no mortgage etc you need about 250,000 UK pnds, as you wont get anything decent here in Perth. You need mega dosh for kids schooling!!! Dont think about going back to UK unless you have savings (BTW they get used when you aint got enough money each month to pay the bills)... Holidays abroad Huh your having a laugh!!! 4 nights in a hotel in Mauritius $1215 each!!! A week in Margaret River in a wood cabin $1,000!!! unless you wanna tent it!!!.

Dont get me started on the clothes here $80 for a Billabong T-Shirt I DONT THINK SO!!!!
Yes we did look into all of this but believe me, no matter how much you prepare yourself things have changed dramatically over the two years we have been here....

I work 3 nights and my hubbie full time and according to a lot of people he's on a decent wage , average mortgage we dont drink much, smoke and I hardly use our car as I walk the kids to school) We have NEVER been so hard up as we are here, and as I said before we have no money left over each month, 3 kids and one used (not brand new car).... we are just trying to warn you and I didnt listen before!, go for it but forwarned is forarmed , it aint easy. No cheap flight to Spain here, but you have beaches there!!! I hear you cry (Ive been about 1/2 dozen times this year), sorry but if you want a very slow and unadventurous life for your kids (cos they cant afford to travel to Europe etc) come and be happy and Im sure you will be satisified for the first 1/2 years..... I know people that have been here years and are still unsure about it all....

BTW the kids soon get over the beach and stuff, too hot for the playing areas, which have no cover, back on PS2 most nights, and the pool is a thing of the past So hyped up about skin cncer your afraid to let them out!!!

It not moaning its telling it as it is..... Please dont get angry with us all, we just dont want you too feel dissapointed, and most of you will probably have a great life here, we arnt an evil bunch here, believe me, I have met some of these woman on here and they are really really lovely people. no witches couldrons and toads

Go on I know your all dying to have a go at me I can take it you know, Im over 40 and have a very broad shoulder

Kath
Kath can youtell me how much your household income is?
(either PM or post).
Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:33 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

The Uk has twice the homicide rate of OZ and the worst place in the western world to bring up kids as the recent report showed, no wonder theres so many Poms desperate to jump off the sinking ship and escape to OZ.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy View Post
The Uk has twice the homicide rate of OZ and the worst place in the western world to bring up kids as the recent report showed, no wonder theres so many Poms desperate to jump off the sinking ship and escape to OZ.
I like you LPP you make me chuckle. I'm sure you make all these comments in jest and I just take you with a pinch of salt!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:59 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving View Post
Why don't you just let the mods deal with the stupid Oz crap? The constant bickering about whether Oz or UK has the biggest balls or can pee the fiurthest is ruining this forum.

I agree. But when a challenge is made from someone lobbing in a hand grenade, we're hardly gonna sit back and watch it explode are we? And the mods efforts to date have been sketchy at best when it comes to parity across the forums.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:58 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

The Uk has twice the homicide rate of OZ...
No it doesn't... The graphs in previous posts were of total numbers, not the rate per capita...

See this Sydney based website for some more stats...

NationMaster
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:34 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM View Post
I agree. But when a challenge is made from someone lobbing in a hand grenade, we're hardly gonna sit back and watch it explode are we? And the mods efforts to date have been sketchy at best when it comes to parity across the forums.
I honestly believe that if you just ignored these comments, or replied "whatever", they'd go away. You are giving them exactly what they want - they're baiting you and you bite every time.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:40 am
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post
Just had a quick look at the Australia forum and saw a thread entitled
"Migrating to Perth"

Just had a real urge to respond with "Don't bother your arse love"

Need to keep my thoughts to myself I think!

Jo
nothing wrong with free speech.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:46 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Are all Aussies as dense as you? Or do you have a particular talent?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

He's winding you guys up, put it down to his sense of humour.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown View Post
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:35 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Are all Aussies as dense as you?
Certainly the majority
Or do you have a particular talent?
No, he fits in well
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:37 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.