Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:51 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need to sort out my attitude...

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post
Just had a quick look at the Australia forum and saw a thread entitled
"Migrating to Perth"

Just had a real urge to respond with "Don't bother your arse love"

Need to keep my thoughts to myself I think!

Jo
So what's your problem with Perth ?

Can't be any worse that England, where in the last week there have been 3 murders in South London and now armed police are on the streets and where the UK comes last in a UN list for virtually anything to do with kids !
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:37 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY View Post
So what's your problem with Perth ?

Can't be any worse that England, where in the last week there have been 3 murders in South London and now armed police are on the streets and where the UK comes last in a UN list for virtually anything to do with kids !
Better to be really dead in England than the living dead in Australia.

Armed police on the streets? You've seen the Police here yeah? That is a gun in their pocket, they're not just pleased to see you
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:50 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again.

Could we please get away from the incessant "is crime worse in the UK or Oz?" debate!

Or TAKE IT OUTSIDE (pleeeeeeeze) - that's what it's for.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

In my original post I was just meaning it's not for us .....

If you like parks, beaches, barbies, then YES come to Perth. If you want more than that, don't bother because it is REALLY BORING here. Don't get me wrong, it's not crap for everyone, my sister in law has been her for 7 years with her family and they love it, but it's not for everyone. OH's brother came over last week and absolutely hated it, kept saying "why is it good for kids? They go to school, come home and are caged until they go round someone elses house for a barbie" He found it amazing that his 9 year old niece was reading the TV mag. Couldn't get it at all, said kids should be playing in the street. Had to tell him that it isn't like that anymore, even in UK. He kept saying, "where is everyone, don't see anyone outside their houses"

Jo
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Due you know I just wrote a friggin page long reply and accidentely deleted the whole lot!!!!! ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:21 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FPM View Post
Better to be really dead in England than the living dead in Australia.

Armed police on the streets? You've seen the Police here yeah? That is a gun in their pocket, they're not just pleased to see you
You need help ! Lifes what you make it
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY View Post
You need help ! Lifes what you make it
You are sooooo fighting a losing battle mate, believe me, been there and worn the t shirt
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

can i just add we are going to australia to get away from the likes of moaning british people like yourselfs that has nother better to do than than put something down that you dont like that may not be the opions of others, did you try another area for instance, if i lived somewhere i didnt like and my only other option was to stay in england i wouldnt just put up with it i would move to anther area , england is that bad for some , it's wot you make it out there you cant just expect to go out there and everything good to come to you,you have to find that happy place after all that was your dream once and it is still ours ,so if you havent got anything nice to say then dont say anything at all
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, if you want to have no mortgage etc you need about 250,000 UK pnds, as you wont get anything decent here in Perth. You need mega dosh for kids schooling!!! Dont think about going back to UK unless you have savings (BTW they get used when you aint got enough money each month to pay the bills)... Holidays abroad Huh your having a laugh!!! 4 nights in a hotel in Mauritius $1215 each!!! A week in Margaret River in a wood cabin $1,000!!! unless you wanna tent it!!!.

Dont get me started on the clothes here $80 for a Billabong T-Shirt I DONT THINK SO!!!!
Yes we did look into all of this but believe me, no matter how much you prepare yourself things have changed dramatically over the two years we have been here....

I work 3 nights and my hubbie full time and according to a lot of people he's on a decent wage , average mortgage we dont drink much, smoke and I hardly use our car as I walk the kids to school) We have NEVER been so hard up as we are here, and as I said before we have no money left over each month, 3 kids and one used (not brand new car).... we are just trying to warn you and I didnt listen before!, go for it but forwarned is forarmed , it aint easy. No cheap flight to Spain here, but you have beaches there!!! I hear you cry (Ive been about 1/2 dozen times this year), sorry but if you want a very slow and unadventurous life for your kids (cos they cant afford to travel to Europe etc) come and be happy and Im sure you will be satisified for the first 1/2 years..... I know people that have been here years and are still unsure about it all....

BTW the kids soon get over the beach and stuff, too hot for the playing areas, which have no cover, back on PS2 most nights, and the pool is a thing of the past So hyped up about skin cncer your afraid to let them out!!!

It not moaning its telling it as it is..... Please dont get angry with us all, we just dont want you too feel dissapointed, and most of you will probably have a great life here, we arnt an evil bunch here, believe me, I have met some of these woman on here and they are really really lovely people. no witches couldrons and toads

Go on I know your all dying to have a go at me I can take it you know, Im over 40 and have a very broad shoulder

Kath
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:42 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come View Post
can i just add we are going to australia to get away from the likes of moaning british people like yourselfs that has nother better to do than than put something down that you dont like that may not be the opions of others, did you try another area for instance, if i lived somewhere i didnt like and my only other option was to stay in england i wouldnt just put up with it i would move to anther area , england is that bad for some , it's wot you make it out there you cant just expect to go out there and everything good to come to you,you have to find that happy place after all that was your dream once and it is still ours ,so if you havent got anything nice to say then dont say anything at all
If you are moving to Oz, great for you. I'm happy for you and hope it all works out fine. I've had my 23 years of adventure in various places, it worked out great and now I'm back in the UK and trying to contribute on this forum by offering advice and support to those who are moving back to the U.K..

I know it's hard to bite your lip when someone says something just a little bit negative about your soon-to-be-paradise-home, but please do just that. It's a necessary part of returning to the U.K. for some people (not me, fortunately) to justify or explain their reasons for returning. Please, just leave them be - their need to say "I hated Australia" on the Moving Back to the U.K. forum is just as important to them as I'm sure is your need to say "I am so excited to be going to Oz on the Australia Forum. Just be glad you are heading to a new adventure and cut a bit of slack to those who came out the other end with a negative experience.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

And if you dont want to hear negative things on here, dont come on MBTUK forum.

Moving around is very very expensive here an if you have school age children its a big issue taking them out of school and moving them around, bad enough coming to another country, but its all very different when you get here, believe me!!!

We arnt telling you not to come at all, you got to try it for yourself, we did I never listened to other peoples opinions about Perth but Im here and my opinions have changed.

Perth is a very beautiful city, gorgeous beaches to die for, gorgeous food places to eat (thats why I've put on so much weight ) Lovely jubbbly) its really is lovely.........

Enjoy, enjoy......Just..............

Take all the negatives bits and pop them in your back pocket for the future, thats all we are saying

Last edited by Kath & Graham; Feb 17th 2007 at 1:45 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

it's like you say , you've tried, but coming from where we live my 8 year old daughter has never been allowed to play outside exept in the garden, i wont go to the shop any time after teatime , due to amount of kids that make you feel intimidated.a nursey child was nearly kidnapped the other day from outside of school,a man was found dead in his car suspected drug related just 10 mins away,the gun crime is sky high, we cant do anything with the kids at weekends coz it's always raining,so they are stuck in thier bedrooms,
so for us anywhere has gotta be better than here and also we dont care if we cant afford to do the things we can here, we aint looking to be wealthy out there,but honestly do think carefully about coming back. and we are quite lucky in the fact that i do have sisters, brother in laws,and nieces and nephews in australia, so we wont be without family, try and think about why you left , hope things work out
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

It really helps if you have a support system here, wish my family were here, I understand where you are coming from , we lived in the Medway Towns a lot about us coming here was to take my eldest away, she was being bullied terribly and was nearly killed, we had our car vandalised three times and in the end had surveillance cameras on the house for 3 months.... On a lighter note, she absolutely loves it here and has a gorgeous boyfriend,even though her attitute stinks towards us,(typical 17 year old) yes I know where you are coming from...

Embrace it all, life it too short too hold back, and BTW there are bits of it I do love and I know many do even though they want to go back to UK, like yummie wedges at the Boat in Mindarie and OMG!!! I forgot about the non fattening ice creams at Cottesloe Beach, and of course the beautiful Beaches, if you get a chance 4 x 4ing at The Wedge is a number one priority..

Good luck ..........
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, still wondering why you would want to come back,with the trouble you have had here, wot does your daughter think of coming home ? hope it all works out well , best of luck for your future
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

.a nursey child was nearly kidnapped the other day from outside of school,a man was found dead in his car suspected drug related just 10 mins away,
Just like the 4 year old girl that was abducted from kindy class in Wanneroo just before Xmas. And the 15 year old girl given speed by her school bus driver. Both of these 10 mins away from us and we live in a good area.

It happens here too you know.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.