Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:54 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to sort out my attitude...

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
This forum exists to provide support to people moving back to the UK. It does not exist so that people can call each other names. I am tired of closing threads because of name calling and abuse, so please stop now, so that I needn't press the close button.
Yes sorry about that, got a bit excited. Some of my posts look a bit strange in the light of day .
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT View Post
Yup, whenever I hear about people emigrating or "thinking of coming to australia", my instant reaction is to think "You poor schmucks".

Ditto. Our mates in the UK are in the process now. She has admitted to loving her home there and the area they live in. He has a great well paid job will excellent pension. her parents live down the road and they are very close.

I've told her the bad points as well as the good in living here and she still wants to do it. I hope it works out for them I really do.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post
Just had a quick look at the Australia forum and saw a thread entitled
"Migrating to Perth"

Just had a real urge to respond with "Don't bother your arse love"

Need to keep my thoughts to myself I think!

Jo
Took your message exactly as you meant it, made me giggle & wished that I had listened to all who were leaving before we arrived - wouldnt have changed our minds, would have still come here as will many more after us.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post
Ditto. Our mates in the UK are in the process now. She has admitted to loving her home there and the area they live in. He has a great well paid job will excellent pension. her parents live down the road and they are very close.

I've told her the bad points as well as the good in living here and she still wants to do it. I hope it works out for them I really do.
I agree with that Tracey, it is beyond me why people with that sort of life do it and expect it to work.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post

I hope it does. It smacks to much of me this one. Good Luck to them
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by woodyinoz View Post
Whilst in the estate agents yesterday the guy said to that he couldn't understand why I have moved back and they are hoping to be going out next year. Poor sod isn't even going to visit first.

All I could say was that the grass was just a different shade

I am a bit cross that I ever spent all the money going there now. I may try to sue the Australian government for false advertising
Sounds good to me go ahead sue em they paint this country as perfect,perfect weather, perfect people,friendly Aussies...... when in fact it's quite the opposite. and if I hear this statement one more time I am going to screem " it's unaustralian " what the f... is that all about,what are they trying to tell us that no Australian does anything wrong they need to get a grip!!!!!

How have you settled down woodyinoz,have you found it hard getting back on to the housing market?especially having wasted all that money going to OZ.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:52 pm
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Thats the other option, but the point about name-calling and abuse needs to be taken on board by a few people as well.
Hi Polly, what's the TIO forum?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:58 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Need to sort out my attitude...

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
I agree with that Tracey, it is beyond me why people with that sort of life do it and expect it to work.

Nothing wrong with wanting the best for yourself and trying something different. I can totally understand people with a good life in the UK wanting a move to Aus. As the saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt". So they shout "Got It!!!" and move Aus because people in the UK get suckered in by this "weather, house & pool and your life is complete" stuff. When a lot of them discover that all that's worthless compared to friends,family, career, the buzz of the UK, sense of belonging and not being insulted all the time and made to feel like a second class citizen, then they rebel and hit out, which is what this forum provides an outlet for. It's like you've been cheated by both the media here who spout the gospel that everywhere else is better than the UK, and Australians with their "we're number 1 no worries mate the UK's crap" rubbish, which is completely borne out of a sense of insecurity. Personally, I think the odd person saying "Don't bother your arse" is every bit as valid as the BBC running a ludicrous series depicting life "down under" as one long surfing/barbeque beach holiday, and basically telling the licence paying public that the "lifestyle" in Australia is better than here. It's presented as a fact set in stone. No discussion or analysis, just beaches and barbeques and no friends=better lifestyle. Fact. A comment like don't bother your arse has as much merit in my opinion, and the sort of thing we should hear more of instead of being mercilessly battered by the "run-down the UK" media we have here, and the various convicts on this forum who routinely slag the Uk off.

I honestly met quite a few people English people during my time in Aus, and if there's one thing that united them, it's that they had no real friends in the UK. Sorry to labour the point, but that's just what I found. "OOhh I like it here in Australia. I like being insulted in the press and having to slag my home country off to get on with Australians, but I don't mind because I have no friends in the UK and the weather is nice, so I prefer it here."

Takes all sorts I suppose.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo View Post
Nothing wrong with wanting the best for yourself and trying something different. I can totally understand people with a good life in the UK wanting a move to Aus. As the saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt". So they shout "Got It!!!" and move Aus because people in the UK get suckered in by this "weather, house & pool and your life is complete" stuff. When a lot of them discover that all that's worthless compared to friends,family, career, the buzz of the UK, sense of belonging and not being insulted all the time and made to feel like a second class citizen, then they rebel and hit out, which is what this forum provides an outlet for. It's like you've been cheated by both the media here who spout the gospel that everywhere else is better than the UK, and Australians with their "we're number 1 no worries mate the UK's crap" rubbish, which is completely borne out of a sense of insecurity. Personally, I think the odd person saying "Don't bother your arse" is every bit as valid as the BBC running a ludicrous series depicting life "down under" as one long surfing/barbeque beach holiday, and basically telling the licence paying public that the "lifestyle" in Australia is better than here. It's presented as a fact set in stone. No discussion or analysis, just beaches and barbeques and no friends=better lifestyle. Fact. A comment like don't bother your arse has as much merit in my opinion, and the sort of thing we should hear more of instead of being mercilessly battered by the "run-down the UK" media we have here, and the various convicts on this forum who routinely slag the Uk off.

I honestly met quite a few people English people during my time in Aus, and if there's one thing that united them, it's that they had no real friends in the UK. Sorry to labour the point, but that's just what I found. "OOhh I like it here in Australia. I like being insulted in the press and having to slag my home country off to get on with Australians, but I don't mind because I have no friends in the UK and the weather is nice, so I prefer it here."

Takes all sorts I suppose.
Exactly my point. If you have a close family, loads of friends, enjoy going to quaint pubs and hellholes like Trafford Centre then Australia most definately won't be for you.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:25 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly my point. If you have a close family, loads of friends, enjoy going to quaint pubs and hellholes like Trafford Centre then Australia most definately won't be for you.
NB,

why does your avatar say 'Uneducated'?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:28 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by FPM View Post
NB,

some twirp posted yesterday in the Australia forum suggesting that anyone who liked it was uneducated amongst various other things. As I fall into that category I thought I should change my avatar!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FPM View Post
NB,

It happened on another thread about some poor guy not liking Brisbane. They all took the piss out of him and all changed their avatars to Uneducated...meaning he is an idiot!!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:30 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

some twirp posted yesterday in the Australia forum suggesting that anyone who liked it was uneducated amongst various other things. As I fall into that category I thought I should change my avatar!
Oh I see.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by paulrachel View Post
It happened on another thread about some poor guy not liking Brisbane. They all took the piss out of him and all changed their avatars to Uneducated...meaning he is an idiot!!!
Actually that isn't why we all changed our avatars.

This was the penultimate sentence of his post

I’m really struggling to fathom how anyone would stay here unless they are quite lazy and accept second best in their lives a matter of everyday occurrence, or is a complete uneducated hooligan.

I had sympathy up to that point and then I realised that the poster was a complete troll.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:37 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl View Post
Hi Polly, what's the TIO forum?
TIO = Take It Outside:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.