Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:31 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to sort out my attitude...

Gordon Bennett, why do people like putting the mockers on other peoples dreams?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:35 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
Gordon Bennett, why do people like putting the mockers on other peoples dreams?
I know, people are dreaming about getting back to the real world then some half wit that knows nothing sticks his ore in. Who would credit it.

Last edited by kevinl; Feb 16th 2007 at 3:38 pm. Reason: It maybe taken as getting at the mods who do a job I could not do.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:14 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
I know, people are dreaming about getting back to the real world then some half wit that knows nothing sticks his ore in. Who would credit it.
Just like you dreaming to get to Oz huh?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312770
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:26 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

This is on the going back forum and therefore has exactly the same credance as the post you quote had on the Australian forum, so your point is?

You know nothing, good luck, good fortune you knumb nut.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
Never been to Australia

That must have taken some work going back to my old posts, I am impressed but then you are in IT and that has always impressed me. Being in it, great aint it. it that is.

I have actually been visiting some of my old posts and accidentaly reposted one on the Australian lifestyle forum but then I am not in IT so it's not surprising.

I would think that there are very few people that look at going back that have not done the full circle of OMG I have the visa to OMG what have I done, so what is your story and are you getting the most from MBTUK or not?

Last edited by kevinl; Feb 16th 2007 at 4:39 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:06 pm
Tea Drinker

This is on the going back forum and therefore has exactly the same credance as the post you quote had on the Australian forum, so your point is?

I have no idea what you are rambling on about? The post I quoted was from the Australian Immigration forum, I presume the day you got your visa.

My point was that once upon a time you were happy and excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone that you got accepted into Australia.
The last thing you needed at that time was some miserable old git telling you ""Don't bother your arse love" as Clougherty Family so eloquently put it.
That was the topic of this thread after all.

Such irony in calling me a "knumb nut"

That must have taken some work going back to my old posts, I am impressed but then you are in IT and that has always impressed me. Being in it, great aint it. it that is.

I have actually been visiting some of my old posts and accidentaly reposted one on the Australian lifestyle forum but then I am not in IT so it's not surprising.

I would think that there are very few people that look at going back that have not done the full circle of OMG I have the visa to OMG what have I done, so what is your story and are you getting the most from MBTUK or not?
Don't put yourself down old chap, you found out that I work in IT so you too must have found a way to read other peoples old posts.

My story is the same as thousands of others, I fancy a change and wish to move to another country. Perhaps it will work perhaps it will not, who knows.
But one thing I am certain of is that you will not find me here in 2-3yrs time ruining other peoples dreams because mine didn't work out.

Enough said, good luck
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what you are rambling on about? The post I quoted was from the Australian Immigration forum, I presume the day you got your visa.

My point was that once upon a time you were happy and excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone that you got accepted into Australia.
The last thing you needed at that time was some miserable old git telling you ""Don't bother your arse love" as Clougherty Family so eloquently put it.
That was the topic of this thread after all.

Such irony in calling me a "knumb nut"

Don't put yourself down old chap, you found out that I work in IT so you too must have found a way to read other peoples old posts.

My story is the same as thousands of others, I fancy a change and wish to move to another country. Perhaps it will work perhaps it will not, who knows.
But one thing I am certain of is that you will not find me here in 2-3yrs time ruining other peoples dreams because mine didn't work out.

Enough said, good luck
Sorry for ruining people's dreams. Didn't realise anybody who is sane would really take my post for anything other than it is, just an impulsive post by someone who is sooooooooooooooooooo over Perth. Didn't think anyone on the MBTTUK forum would be offended and certainly didn't think anyone would decide not to move here based on my comment

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post
Sorry for ruining people's dreams. Didn't realise anybody who is sane would really take my post for anything other than it is, just an impulsive post by someone who is sooooooooooooooooooo over Perth. Didn't think anyone on the MBTTUK forum would be offended and certainly didn't think anyone would decide not to move here based on my comment

Jo
Don't worry - I just read your original post as that you see yourself from yesteryear in those people who are all excitedly moving to Perth, and in a way, you're just screaming at yourself (hindisght, and all that). (if that makes sense!)
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:17 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This forum exists to provide support to people moving back to the UK. It does not exist so that people can call each other names. I am tired of closing threads because of name calling and abuse, so please stop now, so that I needn't press the close button.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Clougherty family don't know what the fuss is about. You are in the moving back to the uk thread so you have let of steam. For goodness sake if you like it here, coming here,don't read it or comment on it. I have read to many look at me I have got my visa ,rubbish the uk to the max then some go back within weeks let alone months.
I am still thinking of trying somewhere else.Perth perhaps
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:24 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
This forum exists to provide support to people moving back to the UK. It does not exist so that people can call each other names. I am tired of closing threads because of name calling and abuse, so please stop now, so that I needn't press the close button.
You should send it to the TIO Forum - Sue sent one there a little while ago and it's had people cracking up all night.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:26 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving View Post
You should send it to the TIO Forum - Sue sent one there a little while ago and it's had people cracking up all night.
Thats the other option, but the point about name-calling and abuse needs to be taken on board by a few people as well.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Thats the other option, but the point about name-calling and abuse needs to be taken on board by a few people as well.
Absolutely with you on that one, what's happening to MBUK lately is turning reasonable people miserable. But the TIO crowd seems to have a way of "persuading" (sinsister laugh) these trolls to simmer down. Basically they make fools of them.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:43 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post

Jo
I think there are many of us like you who feel exactly the same when we read the "Ive got it" posts. We remember just how excited we felt at the time and how awful we feel now, how it can tear families apart, destroy you financially and yes, you do want to scream DONT DO IT. It isn't a case of destroying people's dreams but wanting to prevent them going through the heartache we've been through.

I know that many people succeed and love it, but it doesn't stop you feeling for the percentage that will be heading home miserable and broke.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouiseD View Post
I think there are many of us like you who feel exactly the same when we read the "Ive got it" posts. We remember just how excited we felt at the time and how awful we feel now, how it can tear families apart, destroy you financially and yes, you do want to scream DONT DO IT. It isn't a case of destroying people's dreams but wanting to prevent them going through the heartache we've been through.

I know that many people succeed and love it, but it doesn't stop you feeling for the percentage that will be heading home miserable and broke.
Yup, whenever I hear about people emigrating or "thinking of coming to australia", my instant reaction is to think "You poor schmucks".

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.