Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need to sort out my attitude...(Moved from MBTTUK forum)

Just had a quick look at the Australia forum and saw a thread entitled
"Migrating to Perth"

Just had a real urge to respond with "Don't bother your arse love"

Need to keep my thoughts to myself I think!

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:25 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to sort out my attitude...

Now go wash your mouth out with soap you blasphemous creature you!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:39 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clougherty family View Post
"Migrating to Perth"

Jo
It is so hard to do isn't it....i just hate reading them. And the "GOT IT" threads...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bless em, they need to find out for themselves anyway. Our thoughts are with them
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

"Migrating to Perth"

Jo
Yeah I used to find it hard not responding to shitty threads too but I have got over it now.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
Yeah I used to find it hard not responding to shitty threads too but I have got over it now.
Whilst in the estate agents yesterday the guy said to that he couldn't understand why I have moved back and they are hoping to be going out next year. Poor sod isn't even going to visit first.

All I could say was that the grass was just a different shade

I am a bit cross that I ever spent all the money going there now. I may try to sue the Australian government for false advertising
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz View Post
Whilst in the estate agents yesterday the guy said to that he couldn't understand why I have moved back and they are hoping to be going out next year. Poor sod isn't even going to visit first.

All I could say was that the grass was just a different shade

I am a bit cross that I ever spent all the money going there now. I may try to sue the Australian government for false advertising
I didn't visit first either. For some it works for some it doesn't its as simple as that.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

NB,

So glad for you that you love it here, not sure why you have to keep on telling us?? We won't change our minds, we JUST DON'T LOVE LIFE HERE. No offence to you or anyone else, it's not for everyone.
Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

NB,

So glad for you that you love it here, not sure why you have to keep on telling us?? We won't change our minds, we JUST DON'T LOVE LIFE HERE. No offence to you or anyone else, it's not for everyone.
Jo
I don't want to change your mind at all and I don't care if you meant to offend at all. I don't see your need to belittle people for wanting to come here. That was you at one stage and I am damn sure you would have not found it nice to have someone tell you "not to bother your arse with it" I wish you luck with your move back to the UK.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I did look on this forum before I came and I chose to ignore the negative threads and read more and more on the Australia forum. I suppose that having lived it I would like to tell the ones on the way out how it really is here. Won't make any difference to them as I think everyone needs to try it for themselves but in my experience and from talking to other people here in Perth, we all liked it while on holiday for a month but our feelings soon changed after having lived the "great lifestyle" for a year or so. Try going to the beach with a baby, or the park, or anywhere outside in fact, when it's 35 degrees or more. Try having a baby with no support, no family, no babysitters, no REAL friends. I totally underestimated what we had at home, and don't get me wrong, I don't think the UK is paradise, I lived there for 35 years, I know what it's like. But that's the thing, I know what it's like, and I'll be more than happy to go back there and start living again.

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

I did look on this forum before I came and I chose to ignore the negative threads and read more and more on the Australia forum. I suppose that having lived it I would like to tell the ones on the way out how it really is here. Won't make any difference to them as I think everyone needs to try it for themselves but in my experience and from talking to other people here in Perth, we all liked it while on holiday for a month but our feelings soon changed after having lived the "great lifestyle" for a year or so. Try going to the beach with a baby, or the park, or anywhere outside in fact, when it's 35 degrees or more. Try having a baby with no support, no family, no babysitters, no REAL friends. I totally underestimated what we had at home, and don't get me wrong, I don't think the UK is paradise, I lived there for 35 years, I know what it's like. But that's the thing, I know what it's like, and I'll be more than happy to go back there and start living again.

Jo
Yes I have been through all those things you mention and sympathise. I had a baby in Canada by emergency section. 3 days after she was born my husband moved 3000 miles to the other side of Canada to work. I followed 3 weeks later. Everyone has some demon or problem to overcome, I just get on with it because moaning is pointless. Home is where the heart is and yours is clearly in England.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not moaning, just telling it like it is. I also had emergency c-section in UK because of massive blood clot 4 weeks early with first baby, placenta abruption. Had baby Thurs morn, let me out Sat morn........... whatever. Got on with it. Had second baby here by c-section, they were brilliant, no complaints (King Edward in Subiaco) . . Researched Australia before coming. obviously, just didnt' live the life till we got here and then realised it was BORING!!!!!!!!!!! Just because we have kids doesn't mean we are retired.

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Not moaning, just telling it like it is. I also had emergency c-section in UK because of massive blood clot 4 weeks early with first baby, placenta abruption. Had baby Thurs morn, let me out Sat morn........... whatever. Got on with it. Had second baby here by c-section, they were brilliant, no complaints (King Edward in Subiaco) . . Researched Australia before coming. obviously, just didnt' live the life till we got here and then realised it was BORING!!!!!!!!!!! Just because we have kids doesn't mean we are retired.

Jo
I wish you a speedy return.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your interest.

Jo
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Thanks for your interest.

Jo
You are most welcome.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.