Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Naomi Wolf in Guardian / Shocking truth about the Occupy crackdown

Naomi Wolf in Guardian / Shocking truth about the Occupy crackdown

Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Post Naomi Wolf in Guardian / Shocking truth about the Occupy crackdown

The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy / by Naomi Wolf

Occupy Wall Street protester Brandon Watts lies injured on the ground after clashes with police over the eviction of OWS from Zuccotti Park. Photograph: Allison Joyce/Getty Images
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Naomi Wolf in Guardian / Shocking truth about the Occupy crackdown

Some of the comments I like:

Fantastic article Naomi - the occasional hyperbole is excusable I think, for it expresses your emotions, and to hell with 'objectivity', this is an emotional subject.

You - and those of us who are not wearing the mind-forged manacles of the state - rightly feel, deeply and keenly, just how nasty the corporate machine really is, when we see what's happening to peaceful protesters - yes, our brothers and sisters - all over the planet, right now, as ordinary people finally wake up from their spell-induced sleep and see what's really going on on our planet.

I note that there are several posters on here - and by extension assume there are many, many people, who still don't get it - I would characterise this as Stockholm Syndrome on a mass scale - people loving their jailors, for this is the reality they have come to know, and feel secure with. The reality of a world without our invidious 'masters' terrifies many people.

But how much longer can people avoid the truth? The world - our world - is being systematically raped, looted and pillaged by a political and corporate elite who are still desperately trying to keep the genie in the bottle through the combined efforts of the mainstream media propaganda, political rhetoric (read: bullshit) and, when it suits them, brutality.

To all of you who think the Occupy movement has no meaning, or worse, to those of you who condemn these people for impinging upon your propaganda-induced comas, I say WAKE UP. Seriously, wake up, and look around you, look at what's happening: wholesale murder (wars) and financial theft on a grand scale... can anyone seriously tell me they're happy with this?

And yes, there are alternatives. Transparency in all state and tax dealings is the place to start. We, the people, demand it.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

And this one:

When they came for the Jews I did not stand up because I was not a Jew
When they came for the Communists, I did not stand up because I was not a Communist.
When they came for the Homosexuals, I did not stand up because I was not a Homosexual.
And when they came for me, there was no one left to stand up.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:46 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite Naomi Wolf interview.

Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank View Post
My favorite Naomi Wolf interview.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dyLSstqMvH8
Have to admit ABY, if more of these so called 'women's libbers' put as much into their appearance as Naomi does - nice splash of lippie, skirt 3 inches above the knees and a few buttons undone on the blouse, I'm sure a lot more of us would take them a bit more seriously.