Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Muslim protests

Muslim protests

Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Muslim protests

Hi all

I've just been reading on the ABC website about Muslim protests in London and around the world. It reports that although the protests in the London have been peaceful there is a fear they could spread and become violent.

I've just been on the BBC's website and there is not one reference to the protests in the UK.

Do you think this news been censored? If it has this is quite worrying.

Keel
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:07 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muslim protests

Originally Posted by keel View Post
Hi all

I've just been reading on the ABC website about Muslim protests in London and around the world. It reports that although the protests in the London have been peaceful there is a fear they could spread and become violent.

I've just been on the BBC's website and there is not one reference to the protests in the UK.

Do you think this news been censored? If it has this is quite worrying.

Keel
Get real! News like this is always censored. Do you know what they did to the ambassador in Benghazi before they killed him? You won't if you rely on the mainstream media. I believe the DM has some reference to flag burning in London and demo outside US Embassy.

Last edited by Zen10; Sep 15th 2012 at 6:12 am.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

What did they do to him?

I never gave it much thought as they're always killing people.

Keel
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:18 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

What did they do to him?

I never gave it much thought as they're always killing people.

Keel
I'm not going to put it on a wholesome family forum. AFP have a report that Washington Times is describing as unconfirmed. It's obviously hard to know because it's just chaos there. I doubt Huw Edwards is going to be reading it out at dinner time though.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

The muslim protests in Sydney don't seem peaceful. This surprises me as I have been told that islam is the religion of peace.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:46 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
The muslim protests in Sydney don't seem peaceful. This surprises me as I have been told that islam is the religion of peace.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Eventually, there's going to be a final showdown between these guys and other Australians/Brits because they just will not integrate into our societies and it's going to start causing more and more problems.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:36 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10 View Post
Eventually, there's going to be a final showdown between these guys and other Australians/Brits because they just will not integrate into our societies and it's going to start causing more and more problems.
Will not integrate into any non Muslim country.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Beaverstate View Post
Will not integrate into any non Muslim country.
Quite agree. It's a non-starter. It doesn't matter so long as we're talking small numbers but they're getting bigger. Maybe around 1% of Americans ( I can't believe that by the way because of the no. of African Americans who convert), 2% of Australia and more like 5% of Britain. Danger ahead.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:44 am

Quite agree. It's a non-starter. It doesn't matter so long as we're talking small numbers but they're getting bigger. Maybe around 1% of Americans ( I can't believe that by the way because of the no. of African Americans who convert), 2% of Australia and more like 5% of Britain. Danger ahead.
Massively complicated subject. Different countries populations will deal, or not, with the problem differently. I can fairly easily see Americans response. France and other western European countries??
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:48 am
Banned

Massively complicated subject. Different countries populations will deal, or not, with the problem differently. I can fairly easily see Americans response. France and other western European countries??
And in France it's around 10% so they're facing the issue well before Australians and Americans. They're "protesting" in Sydney right now and police have arrested at least eight. They have signs saying "behead those who insult the prophet."
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:57 am

And in France it's around 10% so they're facing the issue well before Australians and Americans. They're "protesting" in Sydney right now and police have arrested at least eight. They have signs saying "behead those who insult the prophet."
It is easy to dismiss them as a small minority. (which you are not) But democracies have a way of letting problems fester. Problems that in hindsight were manageable. While there is zero chance of Sharia law ever taking hold in the US, other nations with a smaller ratio of muslin vs christian could well succumb. Such as sub saharan Africa and some East Asian ones.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked the sign the went along the lines of "Australia will adopt sharia law"

Some complete nutters from Bankstown come on into town intent on venting anger at who????? What's the point? There was the nutters, then a few other protestors calming them down, then the police.

A few bad eggs gives a whole religion a bad name.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:04 am
Banned

It is easy to dismiss them as a small minority. (which you are not) But democracies have a way of letting problems fester. Problems that in hindsight were manageable. While there is zero chance of Sharia law ever taking hold in the US, other nations with a smaller ratio of muslin vs christian could well succumb. Such as sub saharan Africa and some East Asian ones.
I quite agree and I agree with Beoz and his reference to a few trouble makers as well. There are hundreds of Muslims on the streets in Sydney - but of course that means there are thousands who are at home minding their own business.

Yes - African countries are converting from Christianity to Islam at an alarming rate and IMO it is a major FP failing of western states to allow this and it's storing up all kinds of trouble for the future.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:08 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

something happened near the US consulate on Martin Pl, Sydney. in the MLC centre which is like a massive structure. i shall stay away from that bldg for some time.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.