Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Michael Jackson has died

Michael Jackson has died

Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:40 pm
  #436  
 
Sugarmooma's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,098
Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Don't really have anything to add but saw the word 'Essex'.


Sugarmooma is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:29 pm
  #437  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
Essexbloke543 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
That's funny. MJ obviously rated both Elvis and The Beatles as major ground breaking musicians and even bought up most of the back catalogue of The Beatles. As for other musicians not being influenced by either Elvis or The Beatles is just plain daft. There would have been little music industry without Elvis and stacks of British performers especially, name The Beatles as their main influence.

I think you're just in wind up mode because no one lucid would come out with such comments. Made me chuckle though, so thanks for that.
Give me the names of major artist who's musical talent were influenced by Elvis or the Beatles? I can name you several that credit Michael Jackson for playing a role in their style of music. Madonna, Lionel Richie, Usher,Beyonce,Justin Timberlake,Celin Dion,Billy Joel, Sheryl Crow,Janet, Britney Spears, ect ect.

Can you name any major stars who to this day is actually performing music that was influenced by Elvis or the Beatles? Not going to happen. The Beatles and Elvis were great artist but their talents did not spawn a new generation of artist that followed them.

Nor did they reinvent or raise the standard of what is expected of a artist in the way that MJ did. Can you name anyone who is currently a major influence in today's music scene because of Elvis or the Beatles?

No!

The generation before the baby boomers and segments of the Baby boomers remember Elvis & the Beatles and once that generation is gone there will be few people who will relate to that kind of music. Fact.
Essexbloke543 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:34 pm
  #438  
WTF?
 
Leslie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Homeostasis
Posts: 77,843
Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Essexbloke543 View Post
Give me the names of major artist who's musical talent were influenced by Elvis or the Beatles? I can name you several that credit Michael Jackson for playing a role in their style of music. Madonna, Lionel Richie, Usher,Beyonce,Justin Timberlake,Celin Dion,Billy Joel, Sheryl Crow,Janet, Britney Spears, ect ect.

Can you name any major stars who to this day is actually performing music that was influenced by Elvis or the Beatles? Not going to happen. The Beatles and Elvis were great artist but their talents did not spawn a new generation of artist that followed them.

Nor did they reinvent or raise the standard of what is expected of a artist in the way that MJ did. Can you name anyone who is currently a major influence in today's music scene because of Elvis or the Beatles?

No!

The generation before the baby boomers and segments of the Baby boomers remember Elvis & the Beatles and once that generation is gone there will be few people who will relate to that kind of music. Fact.
You idiot. Who in the Donald Duck do you think influenced Michael Jackson?!?!? Gee ... you don't reckon it was Elvis or the Beatles, ffs.
Leslie is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:35 pm
  #439  
You aint seen me, right?
 
SpoogleDrummer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: US of A, TN
Posts: 3,006
SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Ending something with Fact doesn't make it true I'm afraid. The obvious answer would be Oasis for the Beatles. There's probably loads more but that's not my genre. Of course everyone is claiming Michael Jackson influenced their music, they want his fans to buy their crap too.
SpoogleDrummer is online now  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:36 pm
  #440  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
Essexbloke543 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Leslie66 View Post
You idiot. Who in the Donald Duck do you think influenced Michael Jackson?!?!? Gee ... you don't reckon it was Elvis or the Beatles, ffs.
No!!!

Sammy Davis Jr & James Brown Period!!!

Last edited by Essexbloke543; Jun 30th 2009 at 11:34 pm.
Essexbloke543 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:37 pm
  #441  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 84,193
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Essexbloke543 View Post
No!!!

Sammy Davis Jr Period!!!
For the fourth time...is there any chance of a reply to my question...or are you just trolling this thread with false info?
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:37 pm
  #442  
WTF?
 
Leslie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Homeostasis
Posts: 77,843
Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Essexbloke543 View Post
No!!!

Sammy Davis Jr Period!!!
Leslie is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:39 pm
  #443  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
Essexbloke543 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
For the fourth time...is there any chance of a reply to my question...or are you only trolling this thread with false info?

Ask a sensible question and I'll answer you.
Essexbloke543 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:43 pm
  #444  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 84,193
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Essexbloke543 View Post
Ask a sensible question and I'll answer you.
Again you are evading my question. This was my question...Please explain how Paul McCartney speaks and acts weird. You made the statement now please back it up with proof.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=379
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:48 pm
  #445  
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 49
Gibo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

@ Essexbloke543

I know you’re a MJ fan and that’s great, but come on, Paul McCartney is one of the nicest, most level headed artists there is.

There are a whole bunch of artists that helped influence MJ.

Elvis (which I can not stand) The Beatles, James Brown, Steve Wonder etc etc I have been having a few words with a few tossers on here also. But you’re wrong about Paul McCartney.
Gibo is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:48 pm
  #446  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Ending something with Fact doesn't make it true I'm afraid.
I beg to differ. FACT!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=fact+thread
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:49 pm
  #447  
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,043
Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
@ Essexbloke543

I know you’re a MJ fan and that’s great, but come on, Paul McCartney is one of the nicest, most level headed artists there is.

There are a whole bunch of artists that helped influence MJ.

Elvis (which I can not stand) The Beatles, James Brown, Steve Wonder etc etc I have been having a few words with a few tossers on here also. But you’re wrong about Paul McCartney.
Cleri is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:50 pm
  #448  
WTF?
 
Leslie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Homeostasis
Posts: 77,843
Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Again you are evading my question. This was my question...Please explain how Paul McCartney speaks and acts weird. You made the statement now please back it up with proof.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=379
I think it's the British accent. Makes him seem like he's coming across all European. It's quite weird.
Leslie is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:11 pm
  #449  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 263
Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Essexbloke543 View Post
No!!!

Sammy Davis Jr Period!!!
MJ has said himself Sammy Davis,James Brown...when he was a child he would watch James Brown backstage...the reason that Elvis does not figure - is because many artist felt he ripped off many black artists, music/moves etc and Elvis was a well-know racist..whether or not he actually uttered the phrases attributed to him, the smear has stuck...ask Little Richard

Last edited by Islandgurl; Jun 30th 2009 at 11:13 pm.
Islandgurl is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:25 pm
  #450  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 30
Essexbloke543 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Michael Jackson has died

Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
@ Essexbloke543

I know you’re a MJ fan and that’s great, but come on, Paul McCartney is one of the nicest, most level headed artists there is.

There are a whole bunch of artists that helped influence MJ.

Elvis (which I can not stand) The Beatles, James Brown, Steve Wonder etc etc I have been having a few words with a few tossers on here also. But you’re wrong about Paul McCartney.
I agree that James Brown and Sammy Davis Jr were major influences on Michael Jackson. I never said Paul Mccartney wasn't a nice bloke. I stated that he behaved and spoke in a weird way. Paul admitted that his public behavior at one time had changed for the worse because of his drug use. Maybe that explains his love for Heather Mills
Essexbloke543 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.