Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Old Jul 13th 2019, 12:14 pm
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,526
UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Many people in America are troubled by the treatment Meghan Markle is receiving in the UK and see similarities to how Princess Diana who lost her life while being constantly hounded. But the difference between them is how Duchess Meghan is criticized for everything under the sun including for holding her new baby in such a protective manner.When realistically looking at why Meghan Markle is the target for so much hate from media outlets, and some people in the general public. The resentment can't be due to Meghan's behavior because there have been times when she was criticized for doing something similar to Kate Middleton, who's exact same conduct was received well by the exact same critics.

So what's the difference if the action is the same?

It has to be bias stemming from resentment because Prince Harry fell in love with a hot woman from America, instead of marrying a British girl. We have seen Kate(who is a sweet girl) make multiple mistakes in public but gets a "British pass" for those acts because she is "one of ours", while the other woman is hated for being foreign and for stealing the most eligible bachelor in the country. That is her sin, and why she is being hounded. She is beautiful, elegant, cares about the world, smart and has her own mind and none of those attributes matter. My British friends tell me that if Meghan was British born, none of these attacks would be happening to Meghan. They also tell me that a British Royal in the minds of some should always be British and white. Change away from the status quo is also resented.

What's your opinion about why Meghan is hounded for everything including how she breathes?
UkWinds5353 is online now  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 12:27 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 12,692
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Many people in America are troubled by the treatment Meghan Markle is receiving in the UK and see similarities to how Princess Diana who lost her life while being constantly hounded. But the difference between them is how Duchess Meghan is criticized for everything under the sun including for holding her new baby in such a protective manner.When realistically looking at why Meghan Markle is the target for so much hate from media outlets, and some people in the general public. The resentment can't be due to Meghan's behavior because there have been times when she was criticized for doing something similar to Kate Middleton, who's exact same conduct was received well by the exact same critics.

So what's the difference if the action is the same?

It has to be bias stemming from resentment because Prince Harry fell in love with a hot woman from America, instead of marrying a British girl. We have seen Kate(who is a sweet girl) make multiple mistakes in public but gets a "British pass" for those acts because she is "one of ours", while the other woman is hated for being foreign and for stealing the most eligible bachelor in the country. That is her sin, and why she is being hounded. She is beautiful, elegant, cares about the world, smart and has her own mind and none of those attributes matter. My British friends tell me that if Meghan was British born, none of these attacks would be happening to Meghan. They also tell me that a British Royal in the minds of some should always be British and white. Change away from the status quo is also resented.

What's your opinion about why Meghan is hounded for everything including how she breathes?

Agree that she is being 'hounded', however as you say ---just like Diana but Diana was British.
The problem nowadays is that anyone in the public 'eye' is treated as the 'property' of the press and any 'difference' is seen as more reason to what is in effect 'torture' them.
Imagine how it feels to have everything you do or say is reported on the 'front' page. Even the children of 'Kate' can't have a picnic in peace.

Bipat is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 1:26 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Pica's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,472
Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

The Markle woman didn't "steal" Harry at all, he just made a catastrophic mistake.
Pica is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 1:28 pm
  #4  
Who - me?
 
Red Eric's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Arcos de Valdevez "Onde Portugal se fez"
Posts: 10,841
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

He might only be on loan.
Red Eric is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 1:45 pm
  #5  
FreeThinker
 
jimenato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: the moors and levels
Posts: 8,366
jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

They'll move abroad to avoid the crap.
jimenato is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 2:39 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Pica's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,472
Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
They'll move abroad to avoid the crap.
Mars might be a good start
Pica is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 3:12 pm
  #7  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 49,947
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Many people in America are troubled by the treatment Meghan Markle is receiving in the UK and see similarities to how Princess Diana who lost her life while being constantly hounded. But the difference between them is how Duchess Meghan is criticized for everything under the sun including for holding her new baby in such a protective manner.When realistically looking at why Meghan Markle is the target for so much hate from media outlets, and some people in the general public. The resentment can't be due to Meghan's behavior because there have been times when she was criticized for doing something similar to Kate Middleton, who's exact same conduct was received well by the exact same critics.

So what's the difference if the action is the same?

It has to be bias stemming from resentment because Prince Harry fell in love with a hot woman from America, instead of marrying a British girl. We have seen Kate(who is a sweet girl) make multiple mistakes in public but gets a "British pass" for those acts because she is "one of ours", while the other woman is hated for being foreign and for stealing the most eligible bachelor in the country. That is her sin, and why she is being hounded. She is beautiful, elegant, cares about the world, smart and has her own mind and none of those attributes matter. My British friends tell me that if Meghan was British born, none of these attacks would be happening to Meghan. They also tell me that a British Royal in the minds of some should always be British and white. Change away from the status quo is also resented.

What's your opinion about why Meghan is hounded for everything including how she breathes?

Tbh, I suspect you'll find that most people in the UK don't care at all.
Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 3:17 pm
  #8  
Reasonable Bitch
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 15,836
amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Blimey. There's gotta be something wrong with her. Let's find it. And if we don't find some horrible secret, we can always make something up. That'll teach that little tramp.
amideislas is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 3:26 pm
  #9  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 12,496
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Many people in America are troubled by the treatment Meghan Markle is receiving in the UK and see similarities to how Princess Diana who lost her life while being constantly hounded. But the difference between them is how Duchess Meghan is criticized for everything under the sun including for holding her new baby in such a protective manner.When realistically looking at why Meghan Markle is the target for so much hate from media outlets, and some people in the general public. The resentment can't be due to Meghan's behavior because there have been times when she was criticized for doing something similar to Kate Middleton, who's exact same conduct was received well by the exact same critics.

So what's the difference if the action is the same?

It has to be bias stemming from resentment because Prince Harry fell in love with a hot woman from America, instead of marrying a British girl. We have seen Kate(who is a sweet girl) make multiple mistakes in public but gets a "British pass" for those acts because she is "one of ours", while the other woman is hated for being foreign and for stealing the most eligible bachelor in the country. That is her sin, and why she is being hounded. She is beautiful, elegant, cares about the world, smart and has her own mind and none of those attributes matter. My British friends tell me that if Meghan was British born, none of these attacks would be happening to Meghan. They also tell me that a British Royal in the minds of some should always be British and white. Change away from the status quo is also resented.

What's your opinion about why Meghan is hounded for everything including how she breathes?
So called celebrities have always been lucrative fodder for tabloid journalism, no matter who they are or where they're from. It's a huge industry with an equally huge and gullible audience, and makes vague references to 'our sources' and 'an insider' in an attempt to disguise the fact that they're just making it up. They don't hate any of the people they witter on endlessly about, they love (making money from) them
spouse of scouse is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 3:28 pm
  #10  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 12,496
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Tbh, I suspect you'll find that most people in the UK don't care at all.
I'd go along with that Most people have more pressing and real things to worry/talk about.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jul 13th 2019 at 3:39 pm.
spouse of scouse is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 3:50 pm
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Boiler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 31,424
Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Hypergamy on steroids.
Boiler is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 9:15 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,526
UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Agree that she is being 'hounded', however as you say ---just like Diana but Diana was British.
The problem nowadays is that anyone in the public 'eye' is treated as the 'property' of the press and any 'difference' is seen as more reason to what is in effect 'torture' them.
Imagine how it feels to have everything you do or say is reported on the 'front' page. Even the children of 'Kate' can't have a picnic in peace.
I hear what you're saying and agree being a public figure in the UK for some odd reason gives people a entitlement to target and hate that individual so voraciously that it's a wonder physical harm isn't caused by it. . But what we're seeing in Meghan's case makes me believe that the government should step in and change the defamation and right of privacy laws in order to prevent someone from losing their safety. It is an extreme level of harassment which is illegal in the United States.

The woman goes out in public and says all the appropriate things and then still will get criticized for being too appropriate. In her case being a person from a different country puts her life and maybe even her child's life at risk. It makes me question if there is a limit to what they would do to elicit a reaction for a photo, or in danger Meghan's safety by physically giving chase.

The same media outlets in the States would be accused of singling out and stalking charges and their ceo would find him/her self in jail, and their company would go bankrupt after losing every dollar for continuing this behavior. As a media company you have certain responsibilities one of which is to not put people in danger.
UkWinds5353 is online now  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 9:18 pm
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,526
UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by Pica View Post
The Markle woman didn't "steal" Harry at all, he just made a catastrophic mistake.
A lot of people view love as "catastrophic".
UkWinds5353 is online now  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 9:19 pm
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Boiler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 31,424
Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
The same media outlets in the States would be accused of singling out and stalking charges and their ceo would find him/her self in jail, and their company would go bankrupt after losing every dollar for continuing this behavior. As a media company you have certain responsibilities one of which is to not put people in danger.
I thought a lot of this occurred on US outlets, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Boiler is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2019, 9:24 pm
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,526
UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
They'll move abroad to avoid the crap.
That's what I'm thinking especially if it continues or worsen. I highly doubt they would want to raise innocent children in a country that don't have the appropriate laws in place to keep the vampires at bay. I would suggest them moving to America. Here a celebrity couple even with their star power could simply blend in. So many national icons from other countries have publicly said America is a place they could go and not be noticed.
UkWinds5353 is online now  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.