Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Legoland Perth

Legoland Perth

Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of
Default Re: Legoland Perth

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
I have sympathised with you before but I am afraid its worn very thin. You have absolutely no excuses. you are a thirty something person who lives at home with his parents. You have no committments or dependents. You are telling me that none of the big stores Woolies, Coles, Target, Big W, K Mart etc etc will employ you. No restaurant will employ you to wait tables or wash pots. Most people here have sweat blood to get to Australia and found out it wasn't for them and are managing to make it back to England with far more hurdles than you have. For gods sake get a grip of yourself, get off your arse and sort your life out, it won't sort itself out.

I have applied to all the stores you mentioned and am "in the pool" for all of them. Drowning, presumably. Cafe jobs? You've got to be joking, you've got to have experience for them and all they want is sixteen year olds they can pay eff all. I'm on the net every day looking for work so with all due respect, kiss my pommy ass.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl View Post
but we've certainly had some slow/bad service in a number of places we've been.
Of course, that doesnt happen anywhere else in the world.....

Yes, places tend to shut early here, people seem to eat earlier and go for a drink afterwards which is the opposite way as to how it was in the UK, but that's how they do it here, just gotta get used to it.

Greatidiot: From what I've learnt in the 18 months we've been here it's not what you know but who you know - if you are desperate for a job the best thing to do is start telling everybody you know, pop into shops/cafes/whatever and ask if they need anybody. Good luck
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:22 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie View Post
Of course, that doesnt happen anywhere else in the world.....

Yes, places tend to shut early here, people seem to eat earlier and go for a drink afterwards which is the opposite way as to how it was in the UK, but that's how they do it here, just gotta get used to it.

Of course bad service happens in other parts of the world, but that wasn't what my post was about was it? You chose to quote a tiny piece of my post out of context. I can say in all honesty that I have never had my meal taken away from under my nose before though, or been rushed through a meal while the wait staff are clearing our table away. That's happened here many a time and is down right rude.

Don't you think I am used to it by now? I've been here for over 10 years for God's sake.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Feb 27th 2007 at 6:24 am.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:55 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon View Post
The ocean off the coast of Cornwall is excellent, the beaches are also very varied and great. Ok so you need a wet or dry suit to go in the water most of the year, but at least there's no chance of stepping on a stone fish.

I used to like exploring caves, here I've yet to find a beach with any worth looking at.
Obvioulsy you have'nt been to the 12 Apostiles along the west coast of Victoria, hundreds of spectacular caves along the west coast of Victoria
along the great ocean road to Portland, Warrnambool, bridgewater bay, The coastline and scenery along there beats the crap out of Cornwall. You don't need a thermal suit to go swimming in summer either.
Attached Thumbnails Legoland Perth-3735680700.jpg   Legoland Perth-2313424799.jpg   Legoland Perth-4176582034.jpg   Legoland Perth-2027533480.jpg   Legoland Perth-3734350031.jpg  

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Feb 27th 2007 at 7:05 am.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:13 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy View Post
Obvioulsy you have'nt been to the 12 Apostiles along the west coast of Victoria, hundreds of spectacular caves along the west coast of Victoria
along the great ocean road to Portland, Warrnambool, bridgewater bay, The coastline and scenery along there beats the crap out of Cornwall. You don't need a thermal suit to go swimming in summer either.
Tell me of your personal experiences of Cornwall then...
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:14 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post

Hello stranger, you took the words right out of mouth there.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you think I am used to it by now? I've been here for over 10 years for God's sake.
If you've been here so long you should realise they all go to bed by 9pm so best to book a table for 7.30

I agree, it seems daft to me and some nights you just want to sit and chat over a meal until 10 - but that's how it's done here, aint nothing gonna change it (Unless you start your own restaurant of course)
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello stranger, you took the words right out of mouth there.
Just passing through and saw Lord Pom Penis up to his usual stuff.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:24 am
"amuse me"

Originally Posted by bridie View Post
If you've been here so long you should realise they all go to bed by 9pm so best to book a table for 7.30

I agree, it seems daft to me and some nights you just want to sit and chat over a meal until 10 - but that's how it's done here, aint nothing gonna change it (Unless you start your own restaurant of course)

If you'd read my post you'd have seen that I told a story of something that happened a long time ago. When you work and don't get home until after 6.30, why would you want to book a table for 7.30. We booked that table in question for 8pm. If your booking is taken then the food should be available and you should get the same service as anyone who books earlier. Haven't been anywhere yet where they tell you if you're still eating after 9pm you will get your meal snatched away and won't get dessert, have you?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:04 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
So many l don't have time to tell you
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:09 am
"amuse me"

So many l don't have time to tell you
Think you could be telling porkies. Name:  fibalotx.gif
Views: 307
Size:  10.3 KB
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:53 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT View Post
I have applied to all the stores you mentioned and am "in the pool" for all of them. Drowning, presumably. Cafe jobs? You've got to be joking, you've got to have experience for them and all they want is sixteen year olds they can pay eff all. I'm on the net every day looking for work so with all due respect, kiss my pommy ass.
I'll give you a job, you just need to wait a bit. Infact I'm probably going to make it policy to favor poms over the locals.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

When I drove the Great Ocean road I really could not see what all the fuss was about.

It is no more spectacular than most of the British coast and not a patch on other places I have been.....Oregon for example.

G
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by arkon View Post
I'll give you a job, you just need to wait a bit. Infact I'm probably going to make it policy to favor poms over the locals.
Can I have a temp job for an honorary POM please??
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:18 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag View Post
Can I have a temp job for an honorary POM please??
LOL, everyone can have one except LPP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.