Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

View Poll Results: A reward for Nigel Farage
Knighthood asap
13.51%
Knighthood within 20 years
2.70%
Nothing
48.65%
Prison sentence
35.14%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Old Feb 15th 2021, 10:57 am
  #31  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 25,057
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Reward him for what? Being an opportunistic **** of no principles?

Having said that, he wouldn't be the first one of those to get a gong.
That's flattery.

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than see folk address him as Sir.
I selected 'nothing', because he's such a monumental bellend that he'd leave prison with a book deal, film and newspaper column.
Scamp is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 2:41 pm
  #32  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 36,497
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Well, you said it!
Not if you can read what he said properly he didn't.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 3:06 pm
  #33  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: St Pée sur Nivelle
Posts: 971
KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Not if you can read what he said properly he didn't.
Maybe you should read it again.
KJMW is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 3:17 pm
  #34  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 36,497
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Maybe you should read it again.
I'll underline the key words for you
Using your argument, I didn't have kids and still don't, why should I pay that part of the tax that goes to education?

I don't resent it as it is for the benefit of the whole of society.
So the first underlined part is making it very clear it's NOT EnglishRed saying it, just illustrating how such an argument would work in a different scenario and the second underlined part shows he's not complaining anyway.
BristolUK is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:00 pm
  #35  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: St Pée sur Nivelle
Posts: 971
KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I'll underline the key words for you

So the first underlined part is making it very clear it's NOT EnglishRed saying it, just illustrating how such an argument would work in a different scenario and the second underlined part shows he's not complaining anyway.

Nonsense. Why would he use that analogy? It's his mind set. It's there to see.
KJMW is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:02 pm
  #36  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 36,497
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Nonsense. Why would he use that analogy? .
I don't know. But he specifically said using that argument, meaning it was not his argument.
You're not normally this slow on the uptake. No coffee yet?
BristolUK is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:13 pm
  #37  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 59,899
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Using your argument, I didn't have kids and still don't, why should I pay that part of the tax that goes to education?

I don't resent it as it is for the benefit of the whole of society.
Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Presumably though you went through the education system!! Maybe some paid for you who didn't have kids!!
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Maybe they did but maybe they wern't so narraow minded and selfish.
Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Nonsense. Why would he use that analogy? It's his mind set. It's there to see.
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I don't know. But he specifically said using that argument, meaning it was not his argument.
You're not normally this slow on the uptake. No coffee yet?

Good grief KJMW, it's perfectly clear. Look, I bolded it.

And Dave's point it also perfectly clear. Poll tax was flat tax. Income tax is progressive and therefore different.
Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:47 pm
  #38  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: St Pée sur Nivelle
Posts: 971
KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I'll underline the key words for you

So the first underlined part is making it very clear it's NOT EnglishRed saying it, just illustrating how such an argument would work in a different scenario and the second underlined part shows he's not complaining anyway.
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Good grief KJMW, it's perfectly clear. Look, I bolded it.

And Dave's point it also perfectly clear. Poll tax was flat tax. Income tax is progressive and therefore different.
I wondered when you would appear!
KJMW is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:49 pm
  #39  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: St Pée sur Nivelle
Posts: 971
KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I don't know. But he specifically said using that argument, meaning it was not his argument.
You're not normally this slow on the uptake. No coffee yet?
You are right. I'm not slow on the uptake. There is no doubt in my mind he meant 'why should he pay'.
KJMW is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:49 pm
  #40  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 59,899
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
I wondered when you would appear!
Well, now you have your answer you lucky man.

And it's ok to say "Yeah, I see now that I misread that post". That would be human and normal.
Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:50 pm
  #41  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 59,899
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
There is no doubt in my mind he meant 'why should he pay'.

So you don't understand this sentence?

"I don't resent it as it is for the benefit of the whole of society"
Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:53 pm
  #42  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: St Pée sur Nivelle
Posts: 971
KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Well, now you have your answer you lucky man.

And it's ok to say "Yeah, I see now that I misread that post". That would be human and normal.
Not really. Jumping on a bandwagon maybe right for you. I am convinced that he said it because that is what he meant.
KJMW is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:54 pm
  #43  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 59,899
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
So you don't understand this sentence?

"I don't resent it as it is for the benefit of the whole of society"
Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Not really. Jumping on a bandwagon maybe right for you. I am convinced that he said it because that is what he meant.
And what he said is......

Lion in Winter is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:55 pm
  #44  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2019
Location: St Pée sur Nivelle
Posts: 971
KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And what he said is......
Read it.
KJMW is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:56 pm
  #45  
 
Lion in Winter's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: City of Broad Shoulders
Posts: 59,899
Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knighthood for Nigel Farage?

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Read it.

Exactly.

""I don't resent it as it is for the benefit of the whole of society"
Lion in Winter is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.