British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Jo Swinson ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/jo-swinson-929083/)

BritInParis Nov 21st 2019 11:15 pm

Re: Jo Swinson !

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12767506)
It's strange, the more I hear or see her, the less I like her ...
She never talks about the Party but always in the ''I'' form, I want this, my ambition is that, etc.

And the polls mirror your opinion. Trying to run a presidential style campaign when your candidate isn’t particularly likeable or noteworthy isn’t the best strategy - just ask Mrs May. Perhaps she should be fighting less hard for that debate spotlight.

BristolUK Nov 21st 2019 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12767506)
It's strange, the more I hear or see her, the less I like her ...
She never talks about the Party but always in the ''I'' form, I want this, my ambition is that, etc.

I worked with people like that. Sadly they were the ones who (undeservedly) got on.

Annetje Nov 21st 2019 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12767515)
I worked with people like that. Sadly they were the ones who (undeservedly) got on.

You worked in the gas business ? :eek:

Annetje Nov 21st 2019 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12767513)
And the polls mirror your opinion. Trying to run a presidential style campaign when your candidate isn’t particularly likeable or noteworthy isn’t the best strategy - just ask Mrs May. Perhaps she should be fighting less hard for that debate spotlight.

So I'm not the only one ...
Like you said, she tries too hard.
She keeps forgetting the LibDems are trying to climb back up the ladder. That takes time and diplomacy !

BristolUK Nov 21st 2019 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12767525)
You worked in the gas business ? :eek:

Some might say that :lol: but, no, social security benefits/job centre

Annetje Nov 21st 2019 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12767530)
Some might say that :lol: but, no, social security benefits/job centre

Pffffttttt close one ;)

Bipat Nov 22nd 2019 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12767513)

I must say as a Lib Dem member I admired Jo Swinson, so disappointed that she has been a little 'wild' in her predictions and refusal to accept he referendum result.
I preferred Norman Lamb however he has 'aged' rather quickly and not standing in the election.
(I get daily e-mails asking for money!)

Shard Nov 22nd 2019 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12767654)
I must say as a Lib Dem member I admired Jo Swinson, so disappointed that she has been a little 'wild' in her predictions and refusal to accept he referendum result.
I preferred Norman Lamb however he has 'aged' rather quickly and not standing in the election.
(I get daily e-mails asking for money!)

Do you think she should have made a similar policy to Labour, revised deal, referendum, remain/leave?

I think strategically the only way for LD to stand out in this election was to be very bold. It may not work, but it may be that nothing would have worked.

GeniB Nov 27th 2019 10:11 am

I'm afraid she is not mature enough yet.. She didn't come out at all well in the BBC debate.. Had nothing to say on some pretty important issues. Her lack of experience showed.

Shard Nov 27th 2019 10:16 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12770263)
I'm afraid she is not mature enough yet.. She didn't come out at all well in the BBC debate.. Had nothing to say on some pretty important issues. Her lack of experience showed.

​​​​​​Seemed mature enough to me. Even if she were less mature, I'd rather have that than a charlatan who will drive the country off a cliff to fulfill his fantasies.

Bipat Nov 27th 2019 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12767675)
Do you think she should have made a similar policy to Labour, revised deal, referendum, remain/leave?
I think strategically the only way for LD to stand out in this election was to be very bold. It may not work, but it may be that nothing would have worked.

Yesterday got an e-mail -----a preview regarding the campaign ----it was just----'stop Brexit'---nothing about what they would do if it was stopped!!! Disappointing.

el collado kid Nov 28th 2019 6:28 pm

I have been told today i am voting for him:unsure:

Shard Nov 28th 2019 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12770983)
I have been told today i am voting for him:unsure:

Who is him ?

el collado kid Nov 28th 2019 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12770998)
Who is him ?

You knoe him:wink_smile:

GeniB Nov 28th 2019 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12770267)
​​​​​​Seemed mature enough to me. Even if she were less mature, I'd rather have that than a charlatan who will drive the country off a cliff to fulfill his fantasies.

I agree with that of course... but its what the public think that will count. Saying she won't entertain any kind of coalition... even if it would keep the Tories out of office ..seemed to me to be the move of a rather naive person. Yes she is full of vim and vigour and strong beliefs. but thats never enough.In the real world you usually have to compromise. The Lib/Dems made a mess of it the last time. but they should have learned from that .