Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

It's not just about guns, it's about the person holding the weapon

It's not just about guns, it's about the person holding the weapon

Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:39 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's not just about guns, it's about the person holding the weapon

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
The only 90% plus number I would agree with is if it is the number of people who do not know what is actually proposed.
Probably closer to 90% plus 90% of the remainder!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:22 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm - not just the Dads at my sons Scout Troop that are deserting the NRA in disgust.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3112750.html

Kudos to Busch. Now lets see some Senators have the balls to do the right thing.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

National Rifle Association (NRA) edged out President Barack Obama in the poll, with 46 percent saying the pro-gun lobby better reflects their views on guns, versus 43 percent for Obama.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:46 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

National Rifle Association (NRA) edged out President Barack Obama in the poll, with 46 percent saying the pro-gun lobby better reflects their views on guns, versus 43 percent for Obama.
Why stop there....the next para in that article goes onto read:

By a margin of 92 percent to 7 percent, voters supported background checks, the Quinnipiac University telephone poll showed. In households with a gun, 91 percent were in favor, while 8 percent were opposed, Quinnipiac said
unquote

or a couple of paras down...

A majority of those surveyed supported stricter national gun control laws, Quinnipiac said. Fifty-six percent were for a ban on the sale of assault weapons, and the same percentage supported a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines, defined as those holding more than 10 rounds.

unquote

Not intending going into the assaut weapons/clips argument as that is a lot less clear, but the background check is absolutely a no-brainer.

I realize I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this, but the simple fact is that La Pierre and the rest of them are not representing the general feeling on the street. They are not even consistent in their own views. They are just an incredibly small tail wagging way over their weight because of the massive financial support from vested interest groups, which is then enabling them to blackmail the weaklings in Washington, make a mockery of the democratic process, and defy common sense. What this country needs is an Iron Lady to kick their arses into shape....

Anyway - rant over - I'm out of here. Got a big bike ride this weekend and my anger over those tossers will power me up the hills at double quick speed
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

NRA funding is tiny compared to that of Bloomberg.

Assault Weapons are effectively banned anyway.

When I bought a gun I had a background check. State requirement.

As has been pointed out repeatedly the Background Check is a joke and is not enforced, and they want more laws.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps I should start a Poll on the Public Affairs Act of 1975.

Should it be repealed?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:18 pm

[QUOTE=Boiler;10667922]
When I bought a gun I had a background check. State requirement. Excellent - now lets level the playing field so everyone has to

As has been pointed out repeatedly the Background Check is a joke and is not enforced, And how many people have you seen arguing against stricter enforcement?
[/and they want more laws. Kind of overwhelmingly, I'd say....QUOTE]
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:21 pm

Should it be repealed?
Depends who's asking for it to be
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

42 of 45 no votes received "pro-gun cash". I wonder how many of the 55 yes votes received "anti-gun cash"? Whatever the answer, once again you just have to "follow the money" to see how Congress people of all stripes vote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...nated-senators
Old Apr 19th 2013, 4:44 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
42 of 45 no votes received "pro-gun cash". I wonder how many of the 55 yes votes received "anti-gun cash"? Whatever the answer, once again you just have to "follow the money" to see how Congress people of all stripes vote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...nated-senators
Anywhere else in the world this would just be called corruption. No ifs or buts.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Anywhere else in the world this would just be called corruption. No ifs or buts.
In the US it is institutionalized but legal bribery. i.e. bought and paid for.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:28 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Should it be repealed?
I think the 1765 Stamp Act, the 1767 Townshend Acts, and the 1773 Tea Act ought to be re-visited as well
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad View Post
Depends who's asking for it to be
You answer smacks of double standards.!.! or did I misunderstood your statement?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by KCK_DR View Post
You answer smacks of double standards.!.! or did I misunderstood your statement?
Google the referenced act......
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Probably, like Obamacare, many disagree with what he's done, and as many think he hasn't done enough, making the "disapproval rating" a hopelessly confused composite number.
And the % of Americans supporting Obamacare was what? yet they had to pass it to see what's in it, one day we will find out and regret it.

I think Sen Cornyn's amendment to expand CHL nationwide getting more votes than the background check bill, is true irony, in the American sense.

You realize why Reid voted no, right
To keep his A+ rating with the NRA? while also covering his buttocks.

I would have thought what's far more deplorable is that a majority can vote in favour of something - like this - but because of the Senate's procedural rules the vote fails.
He also was to the one who required a 60 vote threshold. He runs the senate rules.... Research Cloture, it is not required on all legislation and was a product of .... wait for it .... a democrat.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...re-on-gun-bill

OBTW: It was a dead on arrival bill in the House, just like the House Budgets are to the Senate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.