Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

It's not just about guns, it's about the person holding the weapon

It's not just about guns, it's about the person holding the weapon

Old May 2nd 2013, 12:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's not just about guns, it's about the person holding the weapon

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP View Post
I would assume that it was self-defense.
Thank god his 2nd amendment rights were protected, eh?
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:30 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
""It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."

I guess that's called clinging to your guns and religion.
It is god's will that a two year old gets shot and dies?

This god bloke's a bit of a cnut, isn't he?
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It is god's will that a two year old gets shot and dies?

This god bloke's a bit of a cnut, isn't he?
Par for the course though. I remember as a child reading in the Old Testament at school about some poor man who was smitten dead by god for putting out his hand to stop the ark of the covenant from falling off whatever the thing was that they were lugging it around on. It made me quite indignant at the time, at the age of about 10. I mean, would god have preferred it if the thing had fallen off?
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

God works in a mysterious way.
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:51 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Par for the course though. I remember as a child reading in the Old Testament at school about some poor man who was smitten dead by god for putting out his hand to stop the ark of the covenant from falling off whatever the thing was that they were lugging it around on. It made me quite indignant at the time, at the age of about 10. I mean, would god have preferred it if the thing had fallen off?
Indiana Jones would be farked then, wouldn't he?

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
God works in a mysterious way.
Mysterious and fictional are not the same thing
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:55 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

""It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX.
In that case, He and the parents can all be charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment. From the sound of things, the family is ready to testify against Him in the case. ("It was His fault, yer honor!")
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:13 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, He and the parents can all be charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment. From the sound of things, the family is ready to testify against Him in the case. ("It was His fault, yer honor!")
The two year old "was a church goer" I am glad she was a righteous child, that she made such wise decisions.
Old May 2nd 2013, 5:56 pm

Point of order - if you are going to testify against God, do you still put your hand on the bible?
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder where she is going:

GRAND JUNCTION — Heather Jensen giggled, smiled and flipped her newly permed hair as she waited in court Wednesday to waive a preliminary hearing so she can consider a plea agreement in the heat-stroke deaths of her toddler sons.

Jensen, 25, is charged with child abuse resulting in death, criminally negligent homicide and false reporting to authorities for leaving her sons in a locked vehicle for more than an hour with the heat running while she allegedly had sex with a man in a nearby truck in late November.

Two-year-old William Jensen and 4-year-old Tyler Jensen suffered fatal hyperthermia. William died at the scene — a rural roadside on the Grand Mesa — and Tyler died a week later at Children's Hospital
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

GRAND JUNCTION — Heather Jensen giggled, smiled and flipped her newly permed hair as she waited in court Wednesday to waive a preliminary hearing so she can consider a plea agreement in the heat-stroke deaths of her toddler sons.

Jensen, 25, is charged with child abuse resulting in death, criminally negligent homicide and false reporting to authorities for leaving her sons in a locked vehicle for more than an hour with the heat running while she allegedly had sex with a man in a nearby truck in late November.

Two-year-old William Jensen and 4-year-old Tyler Jensen suffered fatal hyperthermia. William died at the scene — a rural roadside on the Grand Mesa — and Tyler died a week later at Children's Hospital
Note the contrast in legal consequences to the parent(s) between this incident and the one where the five year old shot the two year old.

Last edited by Giantaxe; May 2nd 2013 at 6:56 pm.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:06 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of banning guns, we should ban stupid people. Obviously it would mean that a Republican would never be elected again, but I feel that's a price worth paying.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think that the NRA would be in favour of regulations that stop stupid people from giving responsible gun owners a bad name, but they are solidly against any kind of mandatory gun training for gun owners.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It's called rationalizing, so as to shift the blame from yourself to someone else. Easier to sleep that way.

Regards, JEff

I guess that's called clinging to your guns and religion.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:39 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy View Post
It's called rationalizing, so as to shift the blame from yourself to someone else. Easier to sleep that way.

Regards, JEff
It is understandable that family feel difficulties in admitting that they, or their relatives have some (I would say considerable, but will leave the level as moot) level of responsibility. What is harder to understand is the compliance in this from authority figures like the police. I suppose it is one of the downsides of being policed by fellow members of your own community, but I do think what level of corruption this indicates, at least as potential, if the police are so complicit over this issue.
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:55 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The two year old "was a church goer" I am glad she was a righteous child, that she made such wise decisions.
She couldn't have been that wise. She didn't shoot back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.