Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Old Jul 30th 2020, 6:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
What, exactly, does that have to do with any of this?
I think he means that a referendum result of 51.89% against 48.11% was a resounding victory in the referendum but the astonishingly similar vote between Clinton and Trump of 51.11% against 48.89% was a big victory for Trump (even though he had fewer votes) and "the left" needs to learn from this.

Something like that anyway.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

And the concentration camps and slave labour. The woke should be all over this. I wonder why they're not?

Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I think he means that a referendum result of 51.89% against 48.11% was a resounding victory in the referendum but the astonishingly similar vote between Clinton and Trump of 51.11% against 48.89% was a big victory for Trump (even though he had fewer votes) and "the left" needs to learn from this.

Something like that anyway.

"The Left" = "Things I Don't Like".
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:29 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
And the concentration camps and slave labour. The woke should be all over this. I wonder why they're not?
I have no idea who "the woke" are supposed to be, since that's all just made up shit. But if you can tear yourself away from your usual video diet to read The New York Times, The Nation, The Guardian, The Washington Post, etc., I think you will find plenty of criticism of the Chinese government, its actions and its policies. Just because you watch all these shouty videos that tell you that "the left" isn't criticizing China doesn't mean that this is actually the case.

I believe you know how Google works, so I suggest having a go some time.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:46 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
IThe Guardian,
I'm not really sure if that one can be considered an authoritative source of information.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 8:43 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's much higher rated in terms of accuracy and journalistic standards than the most popular English publications, which are basically rated as junk in journalistic terms.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
I'm not really sure if that one can be considered an authoritative source of information.
Come on, you're more intelligent than that.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:14 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, you're more intelligent than that.
It's a left wing rag. It's more trustworthy than the likes of the Daily Mail for sure but that's hardly a tough target to hit.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:16 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

One of the highest rated in the UK. Of course, that's why it's unpopular. It doesn't print what you want to hear.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:18 pm
Sidecar Falcon

One of the highest rated in the UK. Of course, that's why it's unpopular. It doesn't print what you want to hear.
Well that all depends on who you ask now, doesn't it. It's fiercely pro-EU so I'm not surprised you like it.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea who "the woke" are supposed to be, since that's all just made up shit. But if you can tear yourself away from your usual video diet to read The New York Times, The Nation, The Guardian, The Washington Post, etc., I think you will find plenty of criticism of the Chinese government, its actions and its policies. Just because you watch all these shouty videos that tell you that "the left" isn't criticizing China doesn't mean that this is actually the case.

I believe you know how Google works, so I suggest having a go some time.
You know exactly who "the woke" are - and guess what? You're one of them.

As for the publications that you're talking about most are being used as propaganda mouthpieces by the CCP. Only the woke pay much attention to the list of rags you've provided. And the Guardian? That is the most discredited bias-wise of them all.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/04...-media-entity/
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Who are the raters?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
Well that all depends on who you ask now, doesn't it. It's fiercely pro-EU so I'm not surprised you like it.
And it's free.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:25 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Who are the raters?
Global journalism
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:26 pm
Sidecar Falcon

And it's free.
Look, I mean it's fine, most British news sources these days are dog shit and the guardian isn't there worst by any stretch. I'm just not sure how impartial or authoritative it is either considering its hard left-wing tendancies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.